Member Introduction Thread Mk. III

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Anonymous

hello again you mahq-ers.
Bright Noa

fdh wrote:hello again you mahq-ers.
No...not you, klac....of all the people....not you.
*sighs* This will be fun.....
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
Wingnut

Bright Noa wrote:
fdh wrote:hello again you mahq-ers.
No...not you, klac....of all the people....not you.
*sighs* This will be fun.....
Best thing you can do is to ignore him. Let us, the mods, deal with this punk and any others like him.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
JagdPanther

Heya MAHQ.

My name's Chris. I'm an 18-yr-old Sophomore at the Pennsylvania State University majoring in business (Supply Chain & Information Systems, to be exact).

1. I like to talk

^^;

I've been an anime fan for about 10 years now, though I don't annouce that in real life, to be perfectly honest. I usually put other interests on the surface when in public, like my die-hard devotion to Penn State football. If any of you followed news in the sporting world in October of 2005, I was one of those insane kids camping out a week in advance for the PSU/Ohio State game. Actually, I camp out for every game, but that is just reference someone may know. :lol:

I'm going to admit, I really don't like Mecha anime, but I watch some anyway. Right now I am going through Gundam SEED because I needed something, anything to watch. I've seen Gundam Wing, too (thanks a lot, Cartoon Network, for that). G-Gundam was minorly interesting. And I've seen 08th MS Team, which I kind of like for various reasons (the more military-nature of it appeals to me, as a future military officer).

In terms of non-Gundam, my favorite anime is Evagelion. Mecha, kinda, yes, I know, so that bucks my statement of "I don't like Mecha."

MS Nadesico is a classic spoof of Mecha, and I'm not going to lie, I love it. That chibi-Aestavalis episode is CLASSIC. :lol:

Other animes I love are Ghost in the Shell (drooling over SAC 3 trailers right now), NOIR, Scrapped Princess, Tsukiyomi, Grenadier, Azumanga Daioh, Burn Up, etc...

As you can see, if it's cute or it has fan service, I'm so there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/ ... HON002.jpg

That's me. I'm a Lieutenant Captain (for the past two years) of my subcommittee for Penn State's Dance Marathon (called "THON" for short), and that photo was taken around 1 AM last February during the tear-down of THON after the event, which is a 48-hour no-sitting, no-sleeping dance marathon to raise money for pediatric cancer research. Last year we raised $4.2 mil (throughout the year). We're the largest student-run philanthropy in the world. I hope to get promoted to Captain next year and take over my subcommittee.

In that picture, it's about 25 degrees outside then and I'm in shorts and two t-shirts, just as a note. I LOVE cold weather.

Anywho...

Yeah, I love to talk.

Hi all. ^^;

Hoo-ah!
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. –General George S. Patton, Jr.
Bright Noa

JagdPanther wrote: My name's Chris. I'm an 18-yr-old Sophomore at the Pennsylvania State University majoring in business (Supply Chain & Information Systems, to be exact).
Lol....we're sorta neighbors....I'm a junior over Dickinson College down in Carlisle....and welcome!

Mod Edit (Red): Please don't quote an entire post when you are only replying to a single part of it, particularly when it's a fairly long post.
ShadowCell wrote:"Can you escape the Hambrabi...AND THE GREAT CORNHOLIO?!"
JagdPanther

Bright Noa wrote:Lol....we're sorta neighbors....I'm a junior over Dickinson College down in Carlisle....and welcome!
Ah, ja. I know that well because of the Army War College there.

Hoo-ah!
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. –General George S. Patton, Jr.
codename:v

Hi, Chris. Your name seems similiar to the bald wizard here... Whatever, welcome to the club.
JagdPanther

Bald wizard?

O.o

And thanks!

Hoo-ah!
Android raptor

Been meaning to do this for a while...

Anywho, I'm Elizabeth AKA Android raptor (yes I am a girl). As many of you know, I have a thing for Ghinius (a thing that's been going on for five years now). I also like Garma, Kishiria, Ghiren, Shiro (sort of), and other random characters I can't think of right now. Every once in a while I will get off my lazy butt and write fanfiction (mostly 08th Team fics, since that's the series I know best). My favorite series is 0080, however (Bernie ;_; ). I guess that's it :D
Anonymous

Hello, this is my first time here and I do recognize the lot of you and I wonder if you recognize me.

I go by the same screename on all of the messages boards relating to Gundam and anime that I sign on to.

Here is my record:

www.gundamofficial.com (banned)

www.gundamwatch.com (detained several times),

www.suitokaru.net (banned),

www.seed-forum.com (banned)

www.gundamboard.com (it shut down several times and then the last time it restarted I decided not to go back)

www.g-seed.com (got bored over there and decided to leave)

eternal-destiny.pharsti.com (it got restarted and I decided not to come back)

www.animex.com (it is shutting down over there).

I'm also working on a Gundam fanfic for the UC series and did attempted to do one for the CE series but decided to cancel it completely due to the chaos and all that. I also am a regular at the Anime-Expo conventions during the July 4th weekend (started it in 2003).

So anyone here recognize me.
Wingnut

Indeed I do remember you Admiral. Although the track record you posted is less than flattering. With the exception of GOUF, I can see it as a good member simply not being what that particular community likes, but what did you do to get the official guys mad at you?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Well, whether of not you have a less than flattering forum record, welcome to Mecha Talk, Admiral Larsen.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Anonymous

Hi to all forum members, I have been a long time MAHQ website and forum browser. I finally decided to join the forums for fun :twisted:
Heretic

Well first off your avatar is way too large. 80x80 is the max. Be sure to read up on the forum rules before posting, just to prevent any more mistakes. :wink:
Everything I know about rock music, I learned from K-ON!!
Anonymous

Heretic wrote:Well first off your avatar is way too large. 80x80 is the max. Be sure to read up on the forum rules before posting, just to prevent any more mistakes. :wink:
Ok! Noted and Fixed
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Yo. Most of you don't know me, but SNT1 for one from the Animesuki forums, and Chris probably do. (maybe not Chris so much as SNT1, if Chris doesn't remember those e-mails from way back during SEED's run lol )

And the avatar rules are too strict. I can't put up my cool animated Destiyn Gundam WoL avatar. So I opted for my other avatar. :P j/k
ShadowCell

Not only is your avatar too big--the size limit is 80x80, no animation--but you're not allowed to have images in your signatures either.

You get a warning for reading the rules and then ignoring them.
Chris
Administrator

So you read the rules on avatars and signatures, yet decided to post both an oversized avatar and image signature? Yeah, you're off to a GREAT start here, buddy. Get rid of them and follow the rules.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Bah, that's right. *sigh* Sorry. >.> I'm used to the rules allowing bigger avatars and just instinctively put it up. :P But I didn't catch the limit on the sig though.

And I'd appreciate it if you didn't say it like I did it on purpose to be a jerk...
Last edited by Shinji103 on Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowCell

You read the rules, you have no excuse.