Member Introduction Thread Mk. III

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
ArcticHeart

Re: Member Introduction Thread Mk. III

Hi, I'm ArcticHeart and I'm typical mecha fan, though I haven't watched Gundam in ages. My favorite Mecha series is probably MEGAS XLR.

I'm a dedicated gamer, but the only mecha games I've really played are the old MechWarrior games (which won't run on my computers :( ) and one of the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games on demo at EBGames.

I'm a writer, fanfiction only (none I could post here) but I'm trying to write some original stuff too.

By the way, I'm Canadian and I work for Wal-Mart, it pays the bills

I have an idea for a non-fanfiction mecha series and I wanted to get some opinions on my concept from people with a lot of experience and opinions on Mecha anime and shows before I go beyond the outline. Where should I post the outline if I want opinions from other members of the site?
ghostgundam742

G'day, ghostgundam742 here, I'll also answer to Ghost or Ghostg. I've been lurking on this site long enough to recall when it was the FAHQ and I thought Gundam X was a sequel to Wing :oops: . Well many years later this angsty teenage pilot grew up to be a masked rival, and now I'm here.
Joshua

I'm Joshua A.C. Newman. I'm a game designer and big VOTOMS, Dougram, and recently Gundam 00 fan. I've been lurking on this site for years and years and just realized there was a forum. I bet it's as good as the rest of the site!
the glyphpress: science fiction games for people who love science and fiction.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Ah good, another 00 fan, we need more of those. And welcome to ghostgundam too. Have fun!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Scorpius7692

Hi, I'm Scorpius7692, and I probably should've posted here before anywhere else, but I goofed up yet again. Oh well. I'm still pretty new to the Gundam franchise, having just watched the original MSG this summer, followed by most of Zeta, all of 00, and I've just begun Wing. So far, I'm mostly enjoying what I see, enough that I've tried my hand at franken mobile suits and fanfics. Only time will tell if I can actually make a world-shattering franken or story. Here's hoping.
Fear the power of the skirted suit. Fear it.
Arbiter GUNDAM

We're here to help!

--Freyja Wion
Char Clone

I came for the lineart, but I'll stay for the cake. What? No cake? Can we bake some at least? I'm kinda a new mecha fan, just started out in the last year, and started with what most people started with, Gundam Wing. I then 0079, Zeta, CCA, and 08th MS. I also play battletech atm.
Mono Eye MS Pilot
Burke Rukes

Who are you people and what have you done to my web site?! Oh wait... sorry, everyone. Just having a flashback to 2000. Or was it 2001? I lose track of these things in my old age. :lol:

*deep breath and exhale, smiles big*

Well hello, everyone! I'm Burke Rukes, old-school Gundam fan and writer/creator of the long-lost-to-antiquity Mecha Domain web site, which was handed off to Chris and the fine folks here at MAHQ many many moons ago. After a 10 year absence from the Gundam fan community (and even watching/reading/building models of Gundam anything), I've been digging up and rewatching a lot of my old Gundam favorites, and have even put a sensitive, hesitant toe into the waters of newer stuff like Gundam Unicorn. I also recently purchased and built the first Gundam model I've even owned for many years, and frankly... the bug bit me and bit me hard.

I figured since I'm wading into the shallow end of this pool again, reliving old memories and favorites of my youth, and exploring new material I've never seen before, I'd come back to my old stomping grounds (or the closest thing to it, anyway) to find some kindred spirits to share fun and thoughts with.

I'm looking forward to some good discussions and seeing some old familiar names again (what few of you can I remember in my late-30's old age :P ). Being as I am an old fan, I ask you younger whippersnappers to be gentle with me as I throw myself into "new" stuff like Gundam SEED and 00 and the like over the next few months. I promise not to be a grouch, waving my beam cane at you, yelling at you to get offa my launch catapult.

PM's welcome!
Believe in the sign of Zeta!

- Burke

Top current headline from The Weekly Earth Sphere Post:
COLONIES RISK GRAVITY LOSS DISASTER FROM LABOR STRIKE!
Grav-Making Hamsters Demand Well-Lubricated Wheels, Shorter Hours, Yummier Food
Arbiter GUNDAM

So you're The Man Himself? Nice to meet you and welcome back! :D

--Freyja Wion
Burke Rukes

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:So you're The Man Himself? Nice to meet you and welcome back! :D
Thanks, Arbiter! I'll admit it's a bit embarrassing (in a good way) for me to see my name bandied about here on MAHQ after all these years (and not just for the Burke's All the World's Mobile Weapons mecha spec format). I was even shocked to see my name on TV Tropes' Gundam page a few weeks ago, calling me a "Big Name Fan"! I never intended to be a "The Man" or anything, just put together something good and useful (and complete, for I am a OCD perfectionist freak) for the English-speaking Gundam fan community at large. But I guess I still have a "name" and a rep, and I have to live with it now. :P
Believe in the sign of Zeta!

- Burke

Top current headline from The Weekly Earth Sphere Post:
COLONIES RISK GRAVITY LOSS DISASTER FROM LABOR STRIKE!
Grav-Making Hamsters Demand Well-Lubricated Wheels, Shorter Hours, Yummier Food
Red Zaku

Burke Rukes wrote:
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:So you're The Man Himself? Nice to meet you and welcome back! :D
Thanks, Arbiter! I'll admit it's a bit embarrassing (in a good way) for me to see my name bandied about here on MAHQ after all these years (and not just for the Burke's All the World's Mobile Weapons mecha spec format). I was even shocked to see my name on TV Tropes' Gundam page a few weeks ago, calling me a "Big Name Fan"! I never intended to be a "The Man" or anything, just put together something good and useful (and complete, for I am a OCD perfectionist freak) for the English-speaking Gundam fan community at large. But I guess I still have a "name" and a rep, and I have to live with it now. :P
Wow the man himself, I discovered MAHQ back when it was still Mecha Domain. Hell it's thanks to Mecha Domain that I use the the same format spec layout for my Frankens. So thank you. Oh and just so Chris doesn't get jealous, thanks to him too.
"I'M THE CRIMSON LIGHTNING DAMNIT!" - Johnny Ridden
Raptor

Pleasure to meet you all. Been a fan of the Podcast for a while, so I decided to start posting on the forums. Might as well, right? I've seen MSG-00, although some I wish I hadn't(G-Savior, mainly). My favorite Gundam series is ZZ, despite the popular opinion about it. Quickly followed by Zeta and Turn A. Because of Gundamn!, I've started watching Macross, beginning with Frontier, though I regret that choice now, and wish I had started with the first, SDF Macross. All in all, I'm a Mecha Anime fan, more of a Super than a Real, but hey. My favorite Mecha Anime is GaoGaiGar. I've also an avid watcher of Sengoku-Period Action and Fantasy Anime.

However, this paragraph is getting quite long, so, later.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
xXZelda123Xx

Hi Everyone I'm Zelda123 :D I'm new with the whole Gundam universe but I'm getting super into it.. way cooler than other robot animes I've seen.. going to be playing SD Gundam game soon .. :mrgreen:
Robertthecrimson

Hello I am RobertTheCrimson. I've been coming MAHQ! for years to look up mecha spec but didn't start coming to forums until I heard about it on Gundamn! I've recently start listening to Gundamn! I started from episode 1 and now I'm on 24. I'm also on the Anime Addicts Anonymous forums as well. The first mecha anime I ever saw was Gundam Wing.
I like mecha, real mecha, and super robots.
If your curious to know what mecha anime I've seen check here:

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Rober ... es=&page=1

My favorite franchises are: Gundam and Votoms.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Have fun and be sure to check out Gundam AGE. It's getting really good!

--Freyja Wion
RX-93v2_Hi-Nu

Hi Everyone,

Long time MAHQ reader, lurker, etc. Look forward to interacting with everyone. The first time I saw most of the Gundam series was when I read through the reviews posted by Chris. Yes, I read every single one of them. There was no other way at the time for me to get a hold of the series and I wasn't very savvy with deh interwebz back then. See you around!
YokozunaBulldozer

Greetings,

I am a new member who loves all things Brave Series, Gundam, Super Robots, Transformers, Cyberformula, etc. and a big fan of the Gundamn podcast.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Undeadsatyr

Hello one and all I’m Undeadsatyr. I came to this web site to have a little RP fun. The web site that I used to RP in truth had turned into something awful. More often than not good RPs ended up dying or not even having the chance, because users tended to overlook them because those RPs weren’t Bleach, Naruto, or simply had too much originality (Originality, that coming from me.) for them. I’m rambling, forgive me. My RP experience ranges from a little Traditional Fantasy (I don’t believe that matters here.) to my favorite science fiction. I also, study military history my favorite being the history of World War II.

When it comes to science fiction, I like pretty much the standard stuff, Star Wars, Ghost in the Shell, Halo, Gundam, and wide range of other science fiction. I would like to go ahead and start my “original” Gundam RP, but at the moment I’m not sure were that would go; and I would like to see how this site’s RP system works before I do. Any who I’m happy to be here and I how we have some fun!
Dead Man Walking.
sighborg009

Well, I finally decided to stop just listening to the podcast and actually start posting here. I've been visiting the site for a couple of years but never did anything beyond that. I've seen pretty much every Gundam series with the exception of the MS Igloo stuff, AGE (haven't had the time). I love super robots and real robots pretty equally. I have a weakness for designs though, specifically anything from Mamoru Nagano. If I had to pick a favorite Gundam series it would probably come down to Turn A and Zeta.

Outside of mech anime I enjoy pretty much every genre and style of anime. It's a pretty unique art form and I enjoy talking about it quite a bit. I'm also a bit of a tokusatsu fan. So if any threads pop up about the latest Kamen Rider show or any other tokusatsu I'll probably be in it. With that being said, I hope to get along well with everyone on this board.
xaos

Man, I can't see well anymore how did I miss the member introduction page? *ahem* Anyway, I'm xaos sometimes called fighter xaos if the name xaos is already taken. I've been a mecha fan for, well, all my life. Only anime I knew about back then were mecha anime, comedy anime and fighting anime. Like a lot of people I got into Gundam with Toonami airing Gundam Wing, though that wouldn't become my favorite Gundam.

Even my parents were fans of mecha my father was a fan of Mazinger Z or as it was known in the US back then Tranzor Z and my mother was a fan of Gaiking.

I'm also a fan of tokusatsu, and fighting games and I do my own podcast. I joined the forum sometime after talking to SoulBroRyu but never gotten around to posting until now for some reason. Looking forward to having some interesting conversations. ^^