Superman 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Batman Beyond 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
The Zeta Project 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Static Shock 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Justice League 27%  27%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 26

Post subject: The end of the DCAU
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:38 am 

The last episode of Justice League Unlimited aired February 18, ending the continuity of shows begun with Batman: The Animated Series in 1992.
The DC Animated Universe is over! I don't know if anyone else here was a fan, but for me this is a big deal. It went on for so long, it felt like it would never end. I loved Batman, Batman Beyond, and Justice League. I never really saw why people didn't like JLU, personally I thought it was great. They knew it would be the last show, so they had lots of heroes animated. I probably should've given Superman more of a chance, too (although I didn't really like Static Shock at all). Well, at least I'll still have the memories...and box sets :D .

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:21 am 
Newtype Emo Guy

DCAU is over? As in permenantly? Wow, it's about time. In my oppion, the whole thing went down hill with Battman Beyond. I never really got into the newer shows, somehow the lacked something that Batman and Superman had. Well, goodbye DCAU.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:35 am 
Lackey GM Pilot

I liked Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond a lot, but aside from that, it was just okay (some of the Superman episodes were worth watching, but it still seemed meh). In any case, I'm glad it's finally over. I disliked Justice League after the first half or so, and JLU seemed even worse.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:22 am 

And with the end of the DCAU, ends a chapter in American animation. I really doubt if the US will ever do something as good as that again. I enjoyed JLU more than 99% of new anime. Looking at current and upcoming shows it looks like they're taking a step backwards. Pity...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:24 pm 
Mysterious Masked Dude

Awww! No more animated DC shows?! That sucks!

I must say I really liked Batman: The Animated Series. There were so many aspects that maade that show great. The vioce acting was the best though. Batman really, really sounded like a mean, tough bad ass. And since it was animated, they had almost no limitations in illustrating battles. Very cool. And Superman was good too, though it could have been better. The Justice League was also fantastic.

Hopefully in the later generations they will overturn this ruling and make animated shows again. It would be really cool for our children to watch the Man of Steel beating the snot out of Lex Luthor, and then saying to our kids "I remember when I was ten years old and watched Superman on Saturday mornings."

God Bless America!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:27 am 
Lackey GM Pilot

So with Justice League Unlimitied finishing up last year, there won't be anymore Justice League? Nooo... the last thing I remember is Lex Luthor teaming up with Darkseid and disappearing. It seems so unfinished in retrospect. But all the shows you listed were great to watch as a kid and eve up till now.

Currently own Batman Beyond Seasons 1 and 2 as well as Justice League Season 1 and 2.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:12 pm 
Mysterious Masked Dude

Well maybe if DVD sales are strong enough they'll bring back one of those series. I like Superman the best personally, followed by Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Batman. Didn't really care for the other two.

Board index » Discussion » General Discussion