Stargate SG-1 / Atlantis

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Collector

hey raz, you mean when he became general right? yeah, i say they should have some how had him stay a colonel. His dry humor was great
is a dunce with online stuff but can build anything mechanical :D
Duo

OMFG!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I am sooooo depressed after tonight's episode of Atlantis... I'm not gonna give away spoilers for those that haven't seen it yet.. but... It's sad... very sad... 3 grown men on the verge of tears sad...
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
Turinu

Meh, I didn't cry.

Totally unexpected, though. I'll say that much. Did not see that coming.
Aegis

What episode we talking about here? I've already seen the season finale, and it was rather unexpected, but not exactly shock-provoking either.
Turinu

Aegis wrote:What episode we talking about here? I've already seen the season finale, and it was rather unexpected, but not exactly shock-provoking either.
The latest episode is what we're referring to. I guess the new episodes haven't started where you live yet.
Aegis

Not really sure, as I don't usually have the time to keep up with the episodes per on the day they get broadcasted, though I do recall it took a while to get season 3.
Duo

well he was one of our favorite characters... so yeah... we were really really depressed.... :( :( :( :(
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
artmaster079

Damn, missed the show again... can anyone fill me in on what happened? Now i'm intrigued...
**Member of Mecha Talk since June 2006**

I still don't wanna give it all away... so I'll post it all on monday... no spoliers for those that taped/TiVoed/DVRed it and haven't seen it yet.

I'll just say that the previews don't tell very much of the story at all... =\
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Grrr, it figures the day I forgot to watch the show, something really big happens. >.>
razgriz

you guys should know by now that nobody can ever truly die in the stargate universe, ahem*daniel jackson* ahem
*spoiler warning*
hell they practically killed off the entire cast in the last episode of sg-1, but they were fine by episodes' end
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
wing zero alpha

EDIT: Double post.
Last edited by wing zero alpha on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
wing zero alpha

Collector wrote:hey raz, you mean when he became general right? yeah, i say they should have some how had him stay a colonel. His dry humor was great
A bit old, but they promoted him to General because Richard Dean Anderson didn't have time to be on the show much anymore, so they put O'Neill into an administrative position.
Aegis wrote:What episode we talking about here? I've already seen the season finale, and it was rather unexpected, but not exactly shock-provoking either.
Carson Beckett just died. Not sure if you've seen it or not; here in North America we're behind by one season.
razgriz wrote:you guys should know by now that nobody can ever truly die in the stargate universe, ahem*daniel jackson* ahem
1.) Daniel had a whole website dedicated to his return, which is referenced indirectly in the 200th episode of Stargate SG-1. As popular the man in question was, I doubt he's going to get that much demand for a return.

2.) Daniel's replacement also didn't catch on to the viewers, which is why you'll notice before his resurrection Daniel appeared frequently as an Ascended.

3.) The character here was supposed to be a temporary character from the beginning but managed to remain in a supporting role. Of all the major cast members, he was the one that the show could lose without repurcussions (besides Lt. Ford, although that was averted due to bringing a real badass character in).

But don't worry though, I heard there were plans for the character's return in future episodes, though I doubt they'll give him a full resurrection like Daniel.
Aegis

wing zero alpha wrote: Carson Beckett just died. Not sure if you've seen it or not; here in North America we're behind by one season.
Actually, if that's exactly who they're referring to, then I've seen that episode long long ago. It was unexpected, but it wasn't exactly out of nowhere considering he was in just about every mundane scene in some form.
Duo

Ok.. Ummmm....

Maybe I'm just dumb or something, but how the HELL is the North American audience a season behind when it's filmed in Canada?

And where the hell are you people that say you've already seen all of this...?

And yes as Wing Zero Alpha said.. Carson just got killed by an explosive tumour that he removed...
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
Nimrod

Duo wrote: And where the hell are you people that say you've already seen all of this...?
The 2nd half of the Atlantis (same with Sg1) season was shown in the UK before it was shown in North America for some reason.

I think Canada then got the new episodes before the US but don't quote me on that as I've noticed that people are talking about eps being new that other people I know in Canada say was already shown.

Those of us who have seen the whole season are either from the UK or resorted to the infamous "Other Means" to see it.
razgriz

i just have trouble catching the show because over in my area, san francisco, its constantly being bumped around through each independent syndicated station, so its there one week and not the next. why cant they just be normal and have spike tv pick it up hehe. they have more than enough star trek reruns
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Shinji103

Okay, been a week since the episode aired, who was it that got whacked in last week's episode?
wing zero alpha

Shinji103 wrote:Okay, been a week since the episode aired, who was it that got whacked in last week's episode?
Carson Beckett, the scottish doctor.
Shinji103

wing zero alpha wrote:Carson Beckett, the scottish doctor.
HUH?! :shock: But, I saw him in the OP credits for today's episode! :shock: Since they were stuck in an underwater energy facility for this episode, I didn't think much of his lack of appearance this episode...

Or did they just not bother to update/change it for today's episode? >.>

NUUUUUUU, CARSON!!!!! >.>