Ultra Series in the same boat as Macross

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Henyo

Ultra Series in the same boat as Macross

somene asked a very interesting question in the Answerman article of Anime News Network.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerm ... 01/.104886

yer thoughts people?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Wellman

Re: Ultra Series in the same boat as Macross

Damn, I question whether the concept of a guy that grows giant to fight monsters would really appeal to Hollywood any way as far as adaptations go, but I see now why the shows have been such a online only thing. A shame legal issues and he said, she said ownership battles lock up another beloved franchise from getting the shine it possibly could.
Henyo

Re: Ultra Series in the same boat as Macross

Wellman wrote:Damn, I question whether the concept of a guy that grows giant to fight monsters would really appeal to Hollywood any way as far as adaptations go, but I see now why the shows have been such a online only thing. A shame legal issues and he said, she said ownership battles lock up another beloved franchise from getting the shine it possibly could.
if you ask me, Hollywood level Ultraman might work nowadays. especially if they use Ultraman the Next's design. his is a halfway point between Toku and western designs. might come out like bayformers or Pacific Rim. i'm all for it either.

oh and there's also the coming MMPR 2017 film. chances will increase if that one succeeds.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!