Browser language characters

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Wingnut

Browser language characters

Forgive the odd topic title, but I have a slight problem that I'd rather ask you guys for help on then some random other place.

I had to reformat my computer recently, and lost the ability to see the japanese language as it is instead of a bunch of hollow squares/rectangles and I have no idea how I managed to get it to display them properly way back in the day. Can anyone help me out on this? Something I can download or where it might be on a system disc I have? Please?
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
v_zubko

Re: Browser language characters

That would be an OS rather than browser issue. Control Panel>Region and Language>Keyboards and Languages should let you install support for Asian languages, and Japaneses specifically. Unfortunately, I cannot verify that for you as I tend to gut and customize my OS prior to install.
Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war.
Wingnut

Re: Browser language characters

That did the trick. As I said, I forgot how I did it the first time and it turns out I was barking up the wrong tree on this one. Thanks for the help.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.