Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Wingnut

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The trailer.
Spoiler
Chris, Pedro, you were right. SHIELD can't keep their helicarriers in one piece. And this after Fury went and chewed out Colson for damaging a suped up cargo plane in episode 2.
Also Scarlet Johanson as Black Widow looking tasty as ever. :D
Really diggin Cap's new look too.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Wellman

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I sort of wish they could have managed to get this one done in time for a fall or winter release this year.

I'm hyped for Thor's sequel but this sequel is the movie I'm really anticipating being great, along with thinking it would be nice to have Winter Soldier arrive in time for the winter season.
YokozunaBulldozer

The actor who plays Sam Wilson a.k.a Falcon was 2Pac....wow.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
hitokirigarou

I wonder how Cap is going to restore Bucky's memory if the Tesseract isn't involved.

In the trailer, Crossbones is the short SHIELD operative in the plane where Cap jumps out without a parachute and in the elevator where rogue agents try to ambush Cap.
YokozunaBulldozer

hitokirigarou wrote:I wonder how Cap is going to restore Bucky's memory if the Tesseract isn't involved.

In the trailer, Crossbones is the short SHIELD operative in the plane where Cap jumps out without a parachute and in the elevator where rogue agents try to ambush Cap.
Beat him senseless till he wakes up.
Dark Duel

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Beat him senseless till he wakes up.
Or as dear Natasha would call it, "cognitive recalibration". (LOVE that phrase!!)

Hey, it worked for a magically-brainwashed Hawkeye. So why not?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deacon Blues

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:The actor who plays Sam Wilson a.k.a Falcon was 2Pac....wow.
Old post but... really? 2Pac? Nice try.
Kratos

Deacon Blues wrote:Old post but... really? 2Pac? Nice try.
I think he meant that Anthony Mackie played Tupac in a movie, which is 100% true.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Awesome movie, definitely loved it.
Spoiler
Though I don't like the "good guy framed as a bad guy" type settings, that's just a small personal beef, not a judgment on quality. I'm the tradtional type; I love seeing good guys win and love seeing bad guys burn.

I just wish they didn't always pull out the old "we can't have good guy reinforcements" cliche. Specifically, when the SHIELD pilots were trying to laucnh and help Cap, Winter Soldier shows up and single-handedly stops every single pilot and aircraft. Seriously, is it that wrong to see good guy grunts actually doing their job and trying to help? It's not like it would've broken the movie, and it definitely would have made for more action and more satisfaction in seeing the good guys fighting back some more.

I was definitely caught off-guard that Sitwell was Hydra though. Expecially when he just appeared in this latest episode of SHIELD. (he was in the movie, so I wonder how the timeline lines up then) They did a good job of making him a casual character rather than a big figure in either the movies or Agents of SHIELD which helped to hide him possibly being a bad guy, too. I do wonder what Coulson will have to say about it since they've been shown to be pretty tight.

Ugh, more idiot politicians. In the middle of a very public hearing, they're threatening to lock up one of the people who just saved millions of lives and the while world itself. I could really do without these intellectual rejects in these movies for once. I was sick enough of them in the Transformers trilogy (and it looks like they're going to get worse in Transformers 4), and in every other movie they keep flapping their limp gums in. >.>

But is SHIELD really gone for good? It doesn't feel right with SHIELD being such a big presence in everything from the movies to the comics, especially when Hydra is still out there and not as broken as the good guys think.

So Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are captives of Hydra being experimented on. And we know they appear in Avengers 2. Uh-oh. O.O
halo1000

I'm seriously looking forward to how next weeks episode of Agents of Shield is gonna play out, its been a bit of a wait in the UK, I saw Cap 2 on release day (26th). I really liked the post credits scenes too; I always enjoy those scenes more when half the people in the cinema get up and leave as soon as the credits start; obviously they haven't learned how Marvel films work yet.
Wingnut

halo1000 wrote:I really liked the post credits scenes too; I always enjoy those scenes more when half the people in the cinema get up and leave as soon as the credits start; obviously they haven't learned how Marvel films work yet.
There are the smart people who stay around after the main credits sequence, the really smart people who have been around this block before and stay until they see the final red MARVEL screen, and the dumb-dumbs who leave right as the credits start rolling. It's been about an hour and a half since the movie ended for me and I was tempted to tell those people to sit back down and watch the rest of the movie.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
YokozunaBulldozer

Kratos wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:Old post but... really? 2Pac? Nice try.
I think he meant that Anthony Mackie played Tupac in a movie, which is 100% true.
What he said. Jokes aside, I really enjoyed WS overall. The falcon suit was awesome and the pacing was fun. Good waste of two hours and I am thinking of watching it again if time allows it.
halo1000

I went to see it again the other night (in 3d this time) and I didn't feel as impressed with the 3d as I was with the Avengers.
phillosmaster

Great movie. Great great movie. I can't believe the characters they managed to get in there, and everything Sam Jackson says in the movie is entertaining.
Spoiler
Some of the characters they are setting up are sort of telegraphing what stories they might do in the future. Not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read cap comics, but that's pretty cool. Agent 13 had a pretty small role for how big a presence she had in the comic. I think if they do more cap movies she'll figure larger. Also serious they had Strucker in there. Strucker! and computer Arnim Zola. Who would have thought. We were just missing an appearance from Baron Zemo or the Serpent Society.

What in the world is this going to mean for Agents of SHIELD. Now seeing this movies plot the choices they were making for Agents of SHIELD's themes make alot more sense.

... Everyone caught that they mentioned Stephen Strange right? If we get a Doctor Strange movie I'm gonna lose my shit.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
kayone73

halo1000 wrote:I went to see it again the other night (in 3d this time) and I didn't feel as impressed with the 3d as I was with the Avengers.
Nobody thought the 3D was done well for this movie including reviewers, when I heard that I saved money and enjoyed the 2D version. Sorry you had to find out the expensive way
kayone73

phillosmaster wrote:Great movie. Great great movie. I can't believe the characters they managed to get in there, and everything Sam Jackson says in the movie is entertaining.
Spoiler
Some of the characters they are setting up are sort of telegraphing what stories they might do in the future. Not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read cap comics, but that's pretty cool. Agent 13 had a pretty small role for how big a presence she had in the comic. I think if they do more cap movies she'll figure larger. Also serious they had Strucker in there. Strucker! and computer Arnim Zola. Who would have thought. We were just missing an appearance from Baron Zemo or the Serpent Society.

What in the world is this going to mean for Agents of SHIELD. Now seeing this movies plot the choices they were making for Agents of SHIELD's themes make alot more sense.

... Everyone caught that they mentioned Stephen Strange right? If we get a Doctor Strange movie I'm gonna lose my ZOINKS.

Did you catch the Sam Jackson related easter egg during the Tombstone scene at the end of the film?
phillosmaster

It made me smile. I love Pulp Fiction.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Destiny_Gundam

I really wanted Steve to ask Natasha out :(

Other than that, loved it. While some of the twists were obvious from the trailer, I definitely didn't expect how deeply it went.

Hail HYDRA.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
phillosmaster

Not that Steve and Natasha's relationship is central to the plot, but I thought I'd put it in spoiler tags just in case.
Spoiler
I can see that, but I'm really happy they didn't go the romantic route for Steve and Natasha. It was refreshing to see them have a professional and platonic relationship. Besides Steve should be with agent 13 eventually if the movies play out at all like the comics. I'm glad they didn't rush that. Agent 13 didn't have enough screen time to justify it.
Destiny_Gundam

Things don't need to play out like they do in the comics...

Well I've been a Cap/Widow shipper since I saw the Ultimate Avengers animated movies.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."