Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
zerogradius

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

From what I've heard, there are no supers in this series, just normal agents. I'd also like to know why Agent Coulson appears in this, considering what happened in the Avengers movie.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

zerogradius wrote:From what I've heard, there are no supers in this series, just normal agents. I'd also like to know why Agent Coulson appears in this, considering what happened in the Avengers movie.
Well, what we believe to be Power Man/Luke Cage is shown in the trailer. I believe it was also said somewhere that certain superheroes would make cameos, though I suspect this will be more along the lines of the "lesser" Marvel heroes, as in not Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, etc. from The Avengers movie.
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
zerogradius

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D starts tonight. So who's watching.
Wingnut

A rather nice pilot episode. They're using the full range of movies to draw stuff from including Man-In-A-Can 3. Agent Hill was listed as a guest star in the credits, so it does not seem that she will be in every episode.

As for Colson being back
Spoiler
He might have actually died in The Avengers and this guy is some kind of clone/robot/??? that has all of his memories and personality? At least that's one possibility when they're talking about Colson's rehab and downtime.
And his 60's corvette, Lola, well let's just say that
Spoiler
where we're going we don't need roads. 8) (Howard Stark flying car from Captain America?)
As a pilot this was mostly a set-up episode and a formula for things to come. I could get to like this, though I do hope they flesh out the supporting cast more for the audience as while the characters are familiar with each other, I for one am not.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
zerogradius

Wingnut wrote:As a pilot this was mostly a set-up episode and a formula for things to come. I could get to like this, though I do hope they flesh out the supporting cast more for the audience as while the characters are familiar with each other, I for one am not.
I agree. I can't even remember any of their names outside of Coulson and Hill. And I think that your analysis of what happened to Coulson is spot on as well.
phillosmaster

Still watching. The last episode (Repairs) was okay....there was no explaination really for the main antagonist. Really the scripts need to be refined. They need to shake up the cast as well. J August comes back next episode for the finale so that should help. His character from the pilot was pretty cool.

Skye is the worst character in my opinion. I don't think it's the actress' fault. She' written so wierdly. Her character would only make sense if she was in fact a 10 year old girl(she seems to cry, complain and pout constantly). Not a full grown woman. Why would they bring her into the team. I hope there is a good reason because her "hacking" skills are ridiculous. She goes on instagram and google maps to find information. So far she's been portrayed as computer literate and that is it. Clearly anyone else on the team could do her job. In addition to that she's a freedom of information advocate (and she annoyingly makes no attempt to accept the necessity of secrets), which is exactly what you wouldn't want to see on a super secret spy team.

As far as episodes go, Fzzt was good as was The Well. The Hub was the worst episode by far. It really makes SHIELD seem like a joke organization.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
phillosmaster

The finale was good. There were many things I enjoyed about the episode. The interaction between May and Skye was great. I really hope there is more to Skye's character to justify her inclusion in the team. I still have a hard time sympathizing with her character. J August Richard's return was great. I like what he brings to the team dynamic.

The only problem I had with the episode was the cliffhanger ending. The events that lead up to end scene just felt kind of strange and muddled. All in all though it was a net positive.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
xaos

So! Who saw that coming?
Spoiler
Coulson's brain poking was not what I wanted to see personally. I'm a bit ticked at that, because the build up had me expecting more regarding the Marvel Universe. However, with questions like why Fury would want Coulson alive so badly and the other circumstances on his revival I'll probably stick around. Also the secrets around Skye have me interested. Also Mike at the end is looking like he might be Deathlok.
Shinji103

Spoiler
I'm not sure if either Peterson or I would have preferred he lived given his new predicament.

As if being terribly scarred, disfigured, and missing a leg wasn't enough to ruin his day, he's been implanted with a new centipede and an eye camera bomb.

WORST. SURVIVAL. EVER. :(
xaos

Shinji103 wrote:
Spoiler
I'm not sure if either Peterson or I would have preferred he lived given his new predicament.

As if being terribly scarred, disfigured, and missing a leg wasn't enough to ruin his day, he's been implanted with a new centipede and an eye camera bomb.

WORST. SURVIVAL. EVER. :(
Spoiler
I know right? Unless it's setting up that he becomes this guy. Then I'd be like "alright that's a cool setup" http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... ales25.jpg
phillosmaster

I know I've been down on the show for a while now on this board, but I just wanted to say that their first episode back was really good. It really cleaned up a good deal of what I was complaining about earlier. I even liked Skye this episode. She was finally used well in the plot. I hope they keep it up.
Spoiler
That would be a cool thread for Peterson to go down (though I'm not gonna get too excited considering the MO of the show). I hope he stays in the show either way. I really like his character.

While we are talking about spoilers I heard somewhere Bill Paxton was coming to the show. Can anyone confirm that or is that just a crazy internet rumor. I hope he's playing his character from Big Love.
xaos

This episode actually wasn't so bad. I liked hearing the origins of Skye.
Spoiler
They mentioned that she has powers and stuff, but of course she doesn't seem to be aware of it. Some said she could even be an Inhuman, but I don't think they'll bring that stuff into the show.

Since this part was already on news sites I won't put a spoiler and say yes, Bill Paxton is set to appear as S.H.I.E.L.D agent John Garrett. Who was in an Electra storyline in the comics before.
phillosmaster

I liked the second episode as well. Both these episodes flowed much more naturally. The "villains" felt much more competently developed throughout the episode (in contrast to someone like Scorch from the first season). I'm excited to see a return to the elements of this episode. Also yeah I was okay with Skye this whole episode. I feel like they are taking her in a good direction.
Spoiler
I heard they were bringing Sif in for an episode this season, which would be great. I really wanted her to have more screen time in Thor 2, but there was already so much going on in that movie I don't know what they'd cut for her.
Coulson made his car fly again finally.
zerogradius

I don't like that the show is on hiatus again. It just came back for two eps and now we have to wait a couple weeks for more.
Deathrexx

Spoiler
i read somewhere Sif will be going after Lorelei http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorelei_(Asgardian) , that's interesting. More comic characters are welcomed, as is I'm glad blizzard has been setup. Now I'm just waiting for first seasons set up for graviton to bare some fruit and maybe give them a reason to call in some big guns.
Shinji103

zerogradius wrote:I don't like that the show is on hiatus again. It just came back for two eps and now we have to wait a couple weeks for more.
A lot of shows do that this time of year. At least 4 of my favorite shows spread across several stations keep doing short sporadic hiatus-es in January.
serpentarius12

I hope this doesn't end up the same way as Terra Nova. Agents of Shield wasn't what I expected but it's not that bad either. I hope the episodes aren't too expensive to produce :D
Shinji103

WHAT. THE. HELL.
Spoiler
did I just see at the end? @_@

So the super jiuce that made Coulson's revival possible was extracted from some kind of alien? O.o

That was..........rather overkill for keeping medical technology secret. I'd see it if it were for weaponry or cyber weaponry, but that felt like way too much for keeping medical technology secret, even if it was alien in origin.

I wonder what Fury is going to have to say to this, though.
Next week, LADY SIF and Asgardian dueling in what looks like it'll be a multi-parter based on the "Uprising" title.