The Mouse Is Strong With This One.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Dark Duel

Re: The Mouse Is Strong With This One.

MechLife wrote:But really, the whole Disney-Star Wars thing kind of sucks. I mean, I've got nothing against new Star Wars movies, but I really don't like the idea that they will be Disney-fied...
This again? :roll: I'm going to give you a list of film titles:
Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers
These films were produced and released by Marvel Entertainment, which is currently owned by Disney.
Now, Iron Man started filming in 2007 and was released in 2008, BEFORE Disney acquired Marvel in August 2009. Iron Man 2 started filming in 2009(also before Disney acquired Marvel) and was released in 2010. The Incredible Hulk likewise predates Marvel's acquisition by Disney.

Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers ALL were filmed and released AFTER Disney acquired Marvel, and there was no so-called "Disney-fication"...or am I wrong?
SO, if Disney could handle the MCU without ruining it, what in the name of all things awesome makes you think they will "Disney-fy" Star Wars?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ShadowCell

if "Disneyfication" results in quality then i for one welcome our mouse-earred overlords
Strike Zero

Dark Duel wrote:SO, if Disney could handle the MCU without ruining it, what in the name of all things awesome makes you think they will "Disney-fy" Star Wars?
Are you implying that Micky Mouse having a lightsaber duel with Darth Vader would in fact NOT be the most epic thing to have been conceived since the beginning of everything ever? Because that's what it sounds like you're implying.

Now serious mode: yeah, I somehow doubt that Disney now owning Star Wars will somehow result in the cartoonification of the new upcoming movies. Though I do foresee the likes of new kid-oriented animated spin-offs as a distinct possibility.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
MechLife

Dark Duel wrote:
MechLife wrote:But really, the whole Disney-Star Wars thing kind of sucks. I mean, I've got nothing against new Star Wars movies, but I really don't like the idea that they will be Disney-fied...
This again? :roll: I'm going to give you a list of film titles:
Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers
These films were produced and released by Marvel Entertainment, which is currently owned by Disney.
Now, Iron Man started filming in 2007 and was released in 2008, BEFORE Disney acquired Marvel in August 2009. Iron Man 2 started filming in 2009(also before Disney acquired Marvel) and was released in 2010. The Incredible Hulk likewise predates Marvel's acquisition by Disney.

Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers ALL were filmed and released AFTER Disney acquired Marvel, and there was no so-called "Disney-fication"...or am I wrong?
SO, if Disney could handle the MCU without ruining it, what in the name of all things awesome makes you think they will "Disney-fy" Star Wars?
Meh, I mean I won't deny the Avengers is great, but that was basically Disney/Marvel giving Joss Whedon a huge budget and free license to do whatever he wanted. Kind of unusual. I won't say everything Disney does is bad, I think it has its place...but I feel like they're just trying to squeeze more money out of the franchise which can only end mediocrely. And Star Wars, as much as it is a fairy tale, is not as black-and-white as most Disney movies are, so I wouldn't be happy to see it change that way.
Strike Zero

Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
ShadowCell

your avatar is quite apropos
SlowTurtle

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Thats all I have to say on the matter.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations