Because That One Word in the Title Kinda Sounds Like Gundam

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Kratos

Because That One Word in the Title Kinda Sounds Like Gundam

I don't even know where to post this. It's not anime/manga. It's not Mecha/Technology. I don't think it's really Modeling and Merchandise, though I guess it required a great deal of craftmanship. But listen: you ALL NEED TO SEE THIS, if you haven't already, so I figured I'd put it here.

Behold, a painstakingly thorough Gundamization of the what is basically the Korean equivalent to LMFAO.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
South Burning

Re: Because That One Word in the Title Kinda Sounds Like Gun

O.K., I'll bite (since no one else is brave enough to ask). Where did it come from?
Dark Duel

If that was the video I think it was, it came from the music video for this single, only with mobile suit heads added in.

EDIT: I believe this is the original video
Aaand, since the YT link above seems to be dead here's the Gundam parody version
Have to admit, props to the guy who pulled that edit off.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Red Comet90

That video is an edit of the original music video for Gangnam Style. Gundam Style was an edit that added in all of those Gundam heads. It went up sometime in August or September IIRC. It was hilarious and it was the first time I heard that song too.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Kratos

I'm surprised people are responding to this now!

I think what struck me most about it was the sheer level of effort and attention to detail that went into it. The pixel masking was painstakingly done, every person (including those in subway window reflections!) were addressed, and the crowd at the end were given mech heads based on what they were individually wearing. The original video is brilliant, and this was pretty easily one of the best parodies out there.

However, it's a damn shame that the horses near the beginning weren't changed into Fuunsaiki. Huge missed opportunity, if you ask me.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Khandri

One thing I found particularly neat about the video was that while most of it was the more recognisable/iconic mobile suits (RX-78-2, Zakus, etc.), you gradually see more and more variety over the course of the video, until the end where it practically becomes a game of "spot the Gundam," with so many different ones being represented.

Even still, mad props to the person who did all that. It could've been really half-assed, but they instead went all out, and I admire their attention to detail.
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
Arbiter GUNDAM

You can find it on Ebaum's World also.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Xenosynth

I can spot several non gundams at the end of the video as well including the scopedog from VOTOMS. Awesome video!
Antares

This was posted in the random video thread a while ago when I was wondering out loud why they didn't have a Gundam Style version up yet... yes, I noticed the similarity in (willfully wrong) pronunciation too. :D
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
MechLife

This is hilarious! Almost makes me wonder if the original song wasn't actually intended to sound like "Gundam."