Cheap Japanese Animation Thread

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Ryujin

Re: Cheap Japanese Animation Thread

the Gatekeeper wrote:
Well, ya see, thing is I usually don't get the chance to argue at all.
That's....exactly the point I was driving at. It's their goal, what amounts to verbal thuggery--the massive ignorance & brute force approach. Their stock response is only indicative of a total lack of objectivity on their part; don't bother expending effort with such riff-raff, as you're basically trying to converse with people saying LALALALALA repeatedly while covering their ears.

Going back on topic, I recall this one scene in Macross DYRL. Nothing actually off-model or such, but, during the scene where Hikaru takes Minmay out for a joyride in the VF-1T, there's a part where the background scenery just jumps forward instead of scrolling smoothly. I couldn't believe how that part got past quality control, especially on such a big project (or maybe precisely because it was such a big project).
the Gatekeeper
Location: The Endless Illusion, a paradise for fools. A place for lost souls where savage dreams abound.

Re: Cheap Japanese Animation Thread

There's not much of a problem now since I normally keep to myself when not at school. Thanks for the help though.

Big O: Will they ever decide what the collar of Roger's jacket is shaped like? Although that really doesn't bother me 'cause it's probably just part of the art style... For season 1 at least. What does bother me, however, is the scene in season 2 when Roger fights the Big Duo Inferno and for a few seconds, the Big O is rendered in horribly obvious CGI... In fact, all of season 2 bothers me.

Aquarion, among its many other flaws: When Apollo first got into the Vector SOL, he was rendered in CGI. Bad move, Kawamori, bad move.
In one episode the Aquarion itself was rendered in traditional animation, and right then I saw why they used CGI.
The entire episode 19.

Aquarion EVOL: The mechs kind of moved clunkily in the beginning. And the backgrounds were just that, backgrounds, no interaction unless it was intentional and minimal environmental damage. (Although, to be fair, if I were defending Earth in a giant robot, I'd try to keep property damage to a minimum as well.)

Xenosaga: the animation. Oh, Xenosaga, you had so much potential. (Especially since my PS2 refuses to play the first game) Have you sen those CGI Gnosis models? Horrendous. The characters can be quite off-model at times as well. Also running kinda looks like walking sometimes.
"Men, they're all idiots. All you have to do is wear something tight, wave your ass at them and they're yours."

-Suzuka Hime (Mugen no Frontier)

... Are we that predictable?