Harry Turtledove

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
schwarz ritter

Harry Turtledove

So I was reading the other day a series of books called "Worldwar" or "the Race". I happened to like them alot and decided to check out the author, Harry Turtledove.

I was amazed by all of the books this guy's written so far: he is, hands-down, the best Alternate History author in history. He might as well had written the Code Geass setting.

Anyone else have read his work?
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Ryujin

Re: Harry Turtledove

schwarz ritter wrote:So I was reading the other day a series of books called "Worldwar" or "the Race". I happened to like them alot and decided to check out the author, Harry Turtledove.
....?
Who hasn't?

Having followed his work ever since the short story 'The Road Not Taken,' one can make a good argument that Turtledove was the driving force that popularized alternative history fiction to the point where it became a specific publishing category. He also gets Tuckerized by other authors from time to time. He's not necessarily the best, but he is very, very prolific.

Also worthwhile reads are the works of his occasional partner-in-crime, S.M. Stirling, who's arguably better when it comes to technical minutiae & combat scenes.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Re: Harry Turtledove

I remember reading "In the Presence of Mine Enemies" when I was in 9th grade

saw the book in the super market and just bought it for some reason(lol nazi symbols in cover) and I sort of enjoyed it

thanks to that book I was able to search out for more books like that and I got to read 1984 and saw Fatherland on hbo
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!