Making Gundam Movie Trilogy have Ocean Group dub

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
RX Prime

Making Gundam Movie Trilogy have Ocean Group dub

My friend and I enjoyed the TV series, but we both agreed that it's an endeavor to finish. I can handle subs, but my friend doesn't and prefers dubs. So the idea popped to mix the TV series dub audio into the movie, maybe even a few lines from the terrible movie dub.

Unfortunatly, I do not have the technical know how to do this. Plus, I might need to locate the original trilogy soundtrack and sound effects.

This is all just a thought that bothered me for a week, but if you guys can offer advice/help on this, it might come to fruition. :)
schwarz ritter

Re: Making Gundam Movie Trilogy have Ocean Group dub

Hmmm...it'd be hard, but it's still doable. Perhaps you could extract the audio from the series using Windows Movie Maker? That always works for me. As for removing the audio from the movies...I dunno. Or rather, I'm not sure if you can mute stuff in Windows Movie Maker, so I wouldn't be able to help you on that.

Good luck!
Reinhard: "Of course, grades in school aren't a good indicator. They focus too much on memorization and imitation, and don't foster imagination."
Kircheis: "What you find important are imaginative and conceptual capabilities, right?"
Reinhard: "That's right."
Terrorhawk

Re: Making Gundam Movie Trilogy have Ocean Group dub

It would be incredibly time consuming, that's for sure. One major issue you could possibly run into would be shortened scenes with dialogue, featuring background music. The scene might have to begin with the music track starting at a middle point of the song. Sure, you could easily buy the soundtrack and insert the music that way, but the dialogue itself would be difficult to extract. It may be possible for some lines, but even with those the quality would go down massively.
At the same time, it is an interesting idea and it would be nice to hear Brad Swaile in the movies... But I think the old 90s dubs (as lacking as they are) make the idea somewhat redundant.
--Terrorhawk--