Amazing Spider-man

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
NastyNate

Amazing Spider-man

Has anyone seen the new movie? What did you think?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Dark Duel

Re: Amazing Spider-man

FREAKING AWESOME just about sums it up for me.
Let's start
(1) Andrew Garfield makes a waaaaaay better Peter/Spidey than Tobey Maguire. I dunno, he just looks the part better IMO. I also did like how he actually builds the web shooters rather than it just happening organically, but that's just me(it blowing up in his face when he was building it was funny :D)
(2) I'll confess I really didn't think they could convincingly pull off the Lizard, especially with what I'd seen of the design prior to actually seeing the movie. But they pulled it off. Did they ever. Also, I think anyone who's seen the movie probably will agree when I say that they are pretty obviously setting up for Green Goblin in the inevitable sequel.
(3) But honestly, as awesome as the entire thing was, my favorite scene by far was the leadup to the final battle near the end. The HSQ on that scene alone is INSANE.
Then there's the entire sequence on the bridge much earlier on, which was pretty awesome too.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
NastyNate

How about the fighting scenes and the progression of special effects from now to 10 years ago. I loved how spider-man used his webs while he was fighting. Also the snickering humor was great.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

Dark Duel

That snarky, quipping sense of humor is practically a Spidey staple, which IIRC was totally absent from the Maguire movies except for one instance that I can remember early in the first one.
And yet, was present in the videogame adaptation of the same movie.
Witness this line from when in the game, Spidey runs into the Shocker:
"So you must be...Quilt-Man. Padded Pete...Mr. Triple-Ply? Oh! I got it! *dramatically* The Cushion!"
But the Maguire movies? nothin'.
So I was really glad that we had that in this movie at least.
But I still think Dennis Leary had the movie's single best line:

"Thirty-five of New York's finest, against one guy...in a unitard."

And yes, Spidey made very effective use of webs, both for fighting but also sheer lulz. Like against the car thief.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
NastyNate

Unfortunately the movie jumped two ranks because the girl who acted in this one is far superior to the older movies.

SNT1

Very nice compared to the slightly older Maguire/Raimi movies, shows how far they've come in the Comic Book Movie genre.

Still, as awesome as it was, I wish it was never made.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
DoubleZero

I like the Raimi movies more, though. Amazing Spider-man can't beat the time when Spider Tobey was trying to find out how to use his webbing, or the I'm/My Back! scene in the 2nd movie. I also like the tap dancing Spidey on the third, very funny scene.

Gwen Stacy is the better girl, I'll admit that. The movie focused too much on the teen drama/romance, if you ask me, though.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
NastyNate

The romance was fairly important in the Spiderman TAS cartoon. I really enjoyed the original 3 spiderman's especially the first two. I don't know if I would down right say the new one is better since I have not seen the old first in a long time. I think I will watch again soon to find out. I still like the web cartage and spider-man bantering of the new one though.

zerogradius

I think that overall, this movie is better than the first three, but I felt underwhelmed for some reason. I guess after seeing Avengers I was expecting too much.