Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

Moderators: ShadowCell, Heretic, mcred23, EZero8, Kenji

ShadowCell
Traitor Villain

Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

Post by ShadowCell » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Fourth iteration. New members, please introduce yourselves here. We won't bite. Probably. If we do, I'm pretty sure we've all had all our shots. C:

SlowTurtle
AEUG Slapping Boy

Re: Member Introduction Thread Mk IV

Post by SlowTurtle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:23 am

I guess I say hello or something. Sorry kinda shy, new to this forum thing but big into mecha has a whole. Hope to a wonderful future here.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations

amishpriest
Mecha Flunky

Post by amishpriest » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi all! Registered a few months ago but just getting around to posting now. I'm a big fan of most things Gundam (sorry Destiny). Also a fan of anime and video gaming in general...particularly Gundam Extreme Vs. on PS3 which is probably the best $100 I've ever spent on a game :). Hoping also to get into Gunpla as well.

Citizen Costigan
Mecha Flunky

Post by Citizen Costigan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Hello everyone, I've been a diehard fan of the Gundam Metaseries since about 2001. I enjoy all of the series, especially one's placed to the universal century timeline. Generally speaking I am not a huge anime fan, though I did grow up on Dragonball Z, Pokemon, and Yu Yu Hakusho. Huge history buff and bit of a sci-fi nerd. Born and raised in Massachusetts, the US of A. Thanks for having me on here.
"Death to Space Fascists "

Undeadsatyr
Mecha Flunky

Post by Undeadsatyr » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:24 am

Hi, I know I've posted once on the forums, but seeing I never really did anything here I guess I'll say hello again. I love to roleplay, Gunpla has become one of my hobbies as of late I've built eight models as of now, four HGs, three MGs, and one RG. I would like to start a Gundam RP in an original universe, if not I'll make in an in-universe RP more then likely in the UC timeline. And before I finish this this goes to Citizen Costigan. The sig is awesome!
Dead Man Walking.

Vipes
Mecha Flunky

Post by Vipes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:42 am

I've been coming to the site a lot, but first time on the forums. Big Gundam fan. Not good with long winded introductions.

Xenosynth
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by Xenosynth » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:35 am

Hey everyone! My name is Dylan, or if you are uncomfortable with that, you can always call me Xeno after my username. I am a huge Gundam fan, though my expertise is mainly in the UC timelines. My favorite animation of the series is probably 0080 War in the Pocket, and a quick list of favorite MS include: Woundwort (Gundam TR-6), EX-S Gundam, Qubeley (actually a huge fan of the MP type Qubeley.), and the Gaplant TR-5 Hrairoo (I am hoping that they release it as a HG Model again, in the Gunpla Builders Beginning-D Colors). I'm a beginner at Gunpla, I mainly stick to the HGUC models, and I do panel lining but not a lot of fancy custom paintwork (Though the EX-S really needs it. Huge difference between 2002 models more modern ones. The Hi-Nu only really needs lining to look great but man those large pieces on the EX-S need work.) Um, I tend to tangent randomly, and I do talk a lot as... this intro has probably shown you. Though also I am a bit excited at being part of a seemingly stable fandom for mecha as well at the moment. And... yes. I think that about sums me up pretty well. I hope to speak to everyone more in the future!

xazavier009
Mecha Flunky

Post by xazavier009 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Hello im xazavier009 im a long time listener of gundamn and i decided to join the forum

MarshalBraginsky
Creepy Bishonen

Post by MarshalBraginsky » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 am

Hello, my name is MarshalBraginsky. I have a FF.net account and an AH.com account, and I go by the names Radomir's Renegades and Sibirskaya respectively.

Arbiter GUNDAM
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot

Post by Arbiter GUNDAM » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:26 am

What's AH.com?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion

Psyco Gundam
Mecha Flunky

Post by Psyco Gundam » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:53 am

Hey people! I've been a fan of Gundam for a while now, and I've watched all the works in the franchise apart from SEED and SEED Destiny. Also got into Macross and a few other series due to this site. I just stumbled upon it a few years ago and lo and behold, it had all manner of ridiculously specific tech specs on mobile suits and I was sold immediately. Not to mention, a friend of mine from our anime club always takes great pains to let me know that she knows Chris, so...

Garret Masterson
Mecha Flunky

Post by Garret Masterson » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:58 am

Hi guys I'm new here! I'm a mecha fan especially gundam and macross.

I collect gunpla kits as well and mostly watch any mecha anime series that comes out after 2005.

brunoafh
Mecha Flunky

Post by brunoafh » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Hey all. Big mecha fan here, figured I'd join the community. I'm mostly into super robot shows, but I like real robot shows too (VOTOMS is a favorite of mine). I'm mostly into 70-80s stuff. I like some 90s shows, but for the most part I have trouble getting into series made in 2000-now. Really into video games (both modern and retro), anime, manga, probably the stuff all of you are into heh. I'm also a huge fan of the Super Robot Taisen series.

Hopefully I'll fit in here, looking forward to conversing with my fellow mecha brethren.

MarshalBraginsky
Creepy Bishonen

Post by MarshalBraginsky » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:55 pm

AH.com is Alternate History.com, for those of you who are curious.

Mickeymac92
Mecha Flunky

Post by Mickeymac92 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:00 pm

Guess I'll introduce myself since it seems I'll be sticking around.

I'm Mickeymac92, I'm a big fan of Mecha, especially Gundam. In fact, I'd go as far as to say there isn't a Gundam show I didn't like (though Victory Gundam is getting close). Not to say they're all perfect, mind you, just that I found even the worst of them to be highly enjoyable for one reason or another, with my favorite being the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

Outside of Mecha, I enjoy most types of anime, it really just depends on what I'm in the mood for, though I do tend to gravitate towards shows with solid stories. My favorite non-Mecha shows are Sgt. Frog, FullMetal Alchemist, and FMA: Brotherhood.

I'm pretty big on Mecha-themed games, too, so you'll probably see me in the game section most often.

RyuuXeven
Mecha Flunky

Post by RyuuXeven » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:48 am

Hey, everyone! Thought I'd join up with MechaTalk after using MAHQ for a decent while. And, I thought hangin' out with my fellow mecha fans would help my resurgence of mecha interest, since it's be dormant for 2+ years.

Gundam dominated my anime fandom from 2008-2010, especially after seeing a Unicorn trailer in 2009, which sparked my mass-watching of most of the U.C.-based series (except Victory, which I'm in the process of watching ATM).

Hoping to become a regular here, like the good ol' Seed Genesis Forums back in the glory days of 2006... Anyone else used to be a member there?

Well, hope to see you all around!~

dendariiprime
Mecha Flunky

Post by dendariiprime » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Hello, names Michael, Gundam Wing was my 1st experience with Gundam, fell head over heels for Deathscythe, Sandrock, and Tallgeese. Then i encountered the 08th MS team, thank God for the Gouf Custom!!!! i've been a fan ever since.

Tropic Lightning
Mecha Flunky

Post by Tropic Lightning » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Aloha, from Hawaii
Grew up in the heyday of the giant robots craze from Gundam and Macross to Gaiking, Mazinkaiser and all the rest

Cage
Mecha Flunky

Post by Cage » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:31 am

Hello there. I'm from Spain and I'm 21.

I hope to meet nice people who like Mecha like me :P
~ ##

Bats
Mecha Flunky

Post by Bats » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:43 am

I'd like to introduce myself to the Mechatalk community. I'm a big mecha fan. As a young kid I watched a lot of Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot, Ultraman too. Yes, I'm getting old.:( Since then I have moved on to the finer things in mecha anime, mostly being Gundam and Macross(Robotech, back in the day). That being said, I will watch anything with giant robots. And Transformers have a soft spot in my heart too.
I've been a long time listener of the Gundamn! podcast and finally decided to join Mechatalk. See ya around!!!