Steve Jobs resigns as Apple's CEO

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
SNT1

Steve Jobs resigns as Apple's CEO

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/24/stev ... -of-apple/ (yeah, yesterday)

What do you guys think about this and how do you feel about it?

This man is nothing short of a marketing genius and a visionary, able to conquer the MP3 business (Ipod), music store business (Itunes) tablets (Ipad) and smartphone (Iphone), as well as successfully selling overpriced/underperforming Macs. Him resigning is a bit of a surprise but I don't think he'll even disappear, and will still be the figurehead of Apple and still be de-facto in charge of edevloping new gadgets.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
steeltamashii

Re: Steve Jobs resigns as Apple's CEO

Steve Jobs pretty much was Apple. His creative genius and marketing mastermindedness (if that's even a word) inspired a whole generation of people who love Apple products to go out and purchase an iPad, iPhone, Macbook, so on and so forth. He will truly be missed.

As for my feelings on it, I think it is definitely a sad day indeed, but at the same time, it is time to "pass the torch" if you will and have some one else continue the amazing legacy that Apple has been known for. I hope the new guy can keep the fire burning bright in the coming years :D
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.
FordR

Re: Steve Jobs resigns as Apple's CEO

It doesn't matter really.

He's resigning as CEO but he's still chairman of the board.

It's not like he went out and made all these things himself, he's just the one used to market this stuff, most of what people think as his stuff is just company marketing tactics. iTunes was not the first music service, it was the first music service that had a good presentation, as well as every other iProduct you can think of. Almost all of this stuff already existed, just that Apple brings it's unique presentation to the market.

He was a public spectacle of a celebrity in truth, all that Apple is missing is just that, which is a void that may or may not be replaced by the new CEO.

In fact from the investor perspective, we know they don't care because Apple only lost about 1 1/2 percent which was recovered the next day. They're confident in Tim Cook.
AKA- TheTrueYup