The Mouse Is Strong With This One.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
SlowTurtle

The Mouse Is Strong With This One.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/ ... t-for-2015

Thats right the mouse now owns lucas flim, so post your thoughts here an tell the people what you think.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Destiny_Gundam

Re: The Mouse Is Strong With This One.

Disney doesn't own the universe yet, but now it owns a galaxy far, far away.

I imagine people will be pretty happy that it's out of Lucas's hands, now. And there shouldn't be a repeat of the "Disney will ruin Marvel!" fears since Disney did not in fact ruin Marvel.

So then, will we get a release of the original trilogy without any of Lucas's 'improvements', will there be a Star Wars ride at Disney World, will Star Wars be in the next Kingdom Hearts game? We'll see.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
ShadowCell

Destiny_Gundam wrote:And there shouldn't be a repeat of the "Disney will ruin Marvel!" fears
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Dark Duel

I'm not too concerned - Marvel's still going strong even being owned by Disney. Plus, to be frank I very much doubt anything they can come up with could possibly be worse than Episode III.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Khandri

Destiny_Gundam wrote: will there be a Star Wars ride at Disney World,
There's actually been a Star Wars-themed ride of some kind at both Disney World and Disneyland since at least the late '80s/early '90s. Same with an Indiana Jones-themed stunt show (since that's another Lucasfilm property). I have fond memories of experiencing those as a kid during our family vacations back then.

But even though they'd already had some kind of established relationship based on that...I can't say I'm really looking forward to this. I saw what Disney did to Power Rangers (a franchise that's very near and dear to my heart); they effectively decimated it and left it to die. While that's not nearly the juggernaut brand that Star Wars is, their handling of that doesn't instill any confidence in me that they'll do a good job with something even bigger. And I speak as a very, very casual Star Wars fan as well.

On the other hand, I'm deeply amused by the Princess Leia "Disney Princess" macros I started to see on Tumblr today...
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
Chris
Administrator

Destiny_Gundam wrote:And there shouldn't be a repeat of the "Disney will ruin Marvel!" fears since Disney did not in fact ruin Marvel.
If I didn't know better, Peter, I'd almost think you were new to the Internet. :twisted:
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

I said there shouldn't be, not that there won't be :lol: At the very least there should be less of it than when they got Marvel... right? :lol:

But I think people fail to grasp just how much crap Disney owns, not all of it being super kiddy like everyone associates Disney with.

Besides, could Disney really ruin it anymore than Lucas already did? :lol:
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
ShadowCell

Disney would have to actively try, as in put forth conscious and deliberate effort, to treat Star Wars any worse than Lucas has treated it.

so if they do, i think i would be more impressed than anything else. like you would have to fix in your mind the ideal "i want to create a terrible product," and it would turn into some weird Producers kind of thing.
Chris
Administrator

ShadowCell wrote:Disney would have to actively try, as in put forth conscious and deliberate effort, to treat Star Wars any worse than Lucas has treated it.

so if they do, i think i would be more impressed than anything else. like you would have to fix in your mind the ideal "i want to create a terrible product," and it would turn into some weird Producers kind of thing.
I would pay good money to see "Springtime for Palpatine."
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Strike Zero

If this means that we'll get to experience Micky Mouse locked in mortal kombat with Darth Vader in Kingdom Hearts III, I'm all for it.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Toxicity

I typically don't keep up with these kinds of things, does Disney own marvel as a whole, as in comics, toys, movies, the works, or just the right to make movies?
Dark Duel

The whole thing. Disney purchased Marvel Entertainment - the entire company.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Star Wars sold to Disney for 4 Billion, how you feel?

I am not a Star Wars fan, played some games and enjoyed them but my friends are going crazy(big star wars fans) while others want the franchise in the hands of someone else.

Is anyone here a fan and how do you feel, good or bad?
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
ShadowCell

threads merged
Xenosynth

As a longtime Star Wars fan I honestly don't mind. Really. I see no reason to mind. It's not like Disney ruined Marvel, so I really don't care. And hell, with the seventh Star Wars movie,if my experience with certain expanded universe storylines and videogames are any testament, then there are many people that can do better than Lucas himself with the story.

So honestly I see the whole thing as a plus in a way.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Funnily enough I don't care for the EU in my respects. I'm with Khandri on this one; I'm not that excited, less so because they want to make more movies. About the only good that has come out of this, so far, is that Lucas ain't in charge no more.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Gisol888

Re: Star Wars sold to Disney for 4 Billion, how you feel?

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:
Is anyone here a fan and how do you feel, good or bad?
I've been a star wars fan for a long time, but star wars is already ruined: It can't get worse!

Thousands of years there was only the same in the star wars universe: Always sith vs. jedi------> sith defeated almost every jedi exept one and this one defeated the sith and rebuild everything: thousands of years the same!
I can just say: Disney won't make it worse: it can just become better!

greetings gisol!
wow animes are just awesome!
Vent Noir

Although there's a possibility that the movies could go from "memorably bad" to simply "bland and forgettable".
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Spidey62

Right now the film is being scripted by the guy who wrote Toy story 3*his name slips me at the moment*
Which could lead to some great character moments like the ones we see in empire.
MechLife

Chris wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:Disney would have to actively try, as in put forth conscious and deliberate effort, to treat Star Wars any worse than Lucas has treated it.

I would pay good money to see "Springtime for Palpatine."
That would be awesome!

But really, the whole Disney-Star Wars thing kind of sucks. I mean, I've got nothing against new Star Wars movies, but I really don't like the idea that they will be Disney-fied...just seems like it can't possibly be good. Don't think they'll get worse, per se...just not better.