The Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Tokusatsu thread

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Anonymoose

Re: The Power Rangers/Super Sentai/Tokusatsu thread

Kenji wrote:As for me, I've been completely disinterested in Go-Busters... but totally entranced by Akibaranger. So much fun! :D
tbh Akibaranger is what got me back into Super Sentai stuff and I'd love to see them make a second season of it. I watched all of Akibaranger, Dekaranger, Gokaiger, and about half of Go-Busters last year and loved every minute of it. I'm very interested in seeing how Kyuryuger turns out, since it sounds a lot like Zyuranger (which is something I liked) and Abaranger (which made me step back and "lolwut am I watching" when I saw the Abaranger/Dekaranger movie).
KudosForce

Personally speaking, I prefer watching older Sentai. Likely since I'm more used to the special effects in those.

Speaking of Zyuranger, I recently finished that and am thinking of moving on to Jetman soon.

In the meantime, I've started Ultra Seven. Gotta say that I find it neat how the hero in this one can summon good monsters, to help fight off the monsters of the week.
Raiden

Anonymoose wrote:
Kenji wrote:As for me, I've been completely disinterested in Go-Busters... but totally entranced by Akibaranger. So much fun! :D
tbh Akibaranger is what got me back into Super Sentai stuff and I'd love to see them make a second season of it. I watched all of Akibaranger, Dekaranger, Gokaiger, and about half of Go-Busters last year and loved every minute of it. I'm very interested in seeing how Kyuryuger turns out, since it sounds a lot like Zyuranger (which is something I liked) and Abaranger (which made me step back and "lolwut am I watching" when I saw the Abaranger/Dekaranger movie).
Actually it was approved for a second season this year :D
http://www.jefusion.com/2013/01/hikonin ... otage.html

More S.H. Figuarts for me to buy :D
Mu La Flaga

Been a while since posted in here but anyway.
I've been lately watching Linkara's HOPR episodes and wow I'm surprised how many issues Turbo had and how in some ways can see it almost killed Power Rangers.

The silly styles of humor for Divatox, the villains not that great all in all(kind of like Rita almost again)
Justin, just didn't like him much.
They retire 3 old rangers for new ones on a whim, Zordon and Alpha 5 leave.
Alpha 6 a ROBOT has that annoying New York like accent.

So yeah.
Kind of not surprised thinking back or remembering some of those details again.
blackcomet1224

Anyone here saw the dream sequence in the first episode of megaforce? Didnt anyone else spot the sentai teams?
Ill take an army of clone troopers over storm troopers anyday, because one can aim and the other can not. Also i like t shape visors.
KudosForce

I don't follow Power Rangers anymore, so I couldn't say.

Well, I made it past the first cours for Jetman. Cool story, although the Vyram's plots had steadily been getting stupider for some time (soft drinks? Really?).

However, things are finally heating up in the Camera Dimension incident...

Also, gotta love Hironobu Kageyama being involved in Sentai songs. 8)
Khandri

^ Jetman is a great series all around. I watched it myself back in the fall, and I wasn't disappointed.

For PR...I'm not entirely sure what to think of Megaforce yet. It started out well, and there's an interesting plot in there somewhere (especially with the foreshadowing of the Legend War), but most of the cast is seriously lacking in personality and development yet. It doesn't help that we only get a few minutes of them as civilians doing everyday things, and then the rest of it is in-suit action. Some of the acting also really leaves something to be desired (especially for the Red Ranger), even by PR standards. I'm hoping it'll get better, but after four episodes, I'm not so sure anymore. At least it's better than Samurai.
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Arbiter GUNDAM

How should I phrase this? How about.... JASON DAVID FRANK IS BACK!!!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Khandri

^ ...Along with various other cast members that keep getting forgotten because JDF is so full of himself and needs to be the center of attention.

(Sorry, but I really just don't like the guy, nor have I really liked Tommy as a character since he became the spotlight-stealing White Ranger.)

Personally, I'm more excited about the return of the various Space, Lost Galaxy (how the heck did they manage to get Danny Slavin to come back when he's been out of acting for years?), Lightspeed Rescue, and Time Force cast members than anything else. I'm bummed that others from earlier seasons and various Disney-era seasons won't be appearing (and hoo boy, is there controversy in that--I can explain in another post), but I'll take what I can get right now.
That wacky Gundam X fangirl (yes, girl) the fandom warned you about...
Mu La Flaga

I agree Khandri, nice to see lots of old Rangers return.
But at same time, a few who were given the chance couldn't return or were invited then uninvited etc.
If you do happen to know more of what is going on in that regard, I would say go ahead and post on that and let alot of us know what the deal is.

I admit from the cast who are returning it's cool.
I wish a few others could have returned though, such as Andros, Zane, Titanium Ranger, Magna Defender and a few others would have been nice.
I know for instance Kendrix wanted to return but her actress was given too short a notice.
But we got Karone in her place which is awesome though.
blackcomet1224

Ill take an army of clone troopers over storm troopers anyday, because one can aim and the other can not. Also i like t shape visors.