Gundam Expo in the U.S.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.

Where should Gundam Expo USA be held

Anime Expo (Los Angeles)
33%
New York Comic Con (New York)
67%

Total votes: 15
Derringer

Gundam Expo in the U.S.

Hi everyone,

Bandai is considering the possibility of having a Gundam Expo in the U.S. Essentially this is a display of their current and upcoming gundam merchandise along with informational booths and exclusive convention only items.

This would be the first time I've been told that there would be something of this size in the U.S. and they are looking at a few possible venues in the U.S. to facilitate the event. In giving this initial run a great start, I've suggested to Bandai that we bring out Hajime Katoki to the U.S. to do a panel at one of these conventions, and also possibly judge a Model Contest event while he's around.

Bandai's overseas hobby department has been fairly receptive to my suggestions so I'm somewhat confident this will get a greenlight, but it is a bit of a taller request than my usual inquiries. Still, this is more concrete than anything in the past since they've not had someone who's been a U.S. consumer; they're getting a good perspective of the U.S. market.

In any case I'm curious what sort of preference people would have for the venue if this were to occur. Please give it a vote. :D
WhiteWingDemon

Re: Gundam Expo in the U.S.

Do you have a general time when the Expo would take place? Or is that an obvious question?
thanatos

Isn't this just asking people: Which city is closer to you?
Aspiring CGO "Chief Gundam Officer"
Sume Gai

On a personal level both options are roughly the same. I will in all likelihood be unable attend either. Although In my opinion NYCC is a better bet because simply put you will be appealing to a much wider audience. NYCC is a larger convention for a larger fan-base which can more easily generate new fans.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
duke4799

I would vote for ACEN in Chicago. I live in IL. But i would be willing to travel to either for an actual Gundam convention in the US!
Until Next Time: Happy Building!
-Joe
Joe's Gunpla

Want to Buy LM Leo or Taurus from Gundam Wing, built or unbuilt! Willing to pay big!
QuessParaya

I'd go...

...if they quit thinking that NYC and LA were wholly representative of the US market.
Eamus Catuli

HEJA BVB