The Dark Knight Rises

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
zerogradius

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

It would be pretty cool if he did. Though I doubt he would be anywhere near as flamboyant as he was in Disney's film.
Raiden

http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... ight-rises

Looks like Anne Hathaway is Catwoman and Tom Hardy is Bane surprisingly.
Mu La Flaga

Interesting so do we get the man who broke the Batman?
You know the more interesting ruthless version of Bane.
Not the dumb muscle version.
Dark Duel

BANE? As in, the guy who broke Batman's back and nearly killed him in the comics Bane?
SWEEEEEEEEEET.
I concur with Mu in hoping we get that guy and not Poison Ivy's pet brain-dead wrestler from that god-awful movie.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Dark Duel wrote:I concur with Mu in hoping we get that guy and not Poison Ivy's pet brain-dead wrestler from that god-awful movie.
Well considering who's directing, the guy who made the most awesome iteration of the Joker yet, I doubt we have much to worry about there, guys. Something tells me Nolan is going to make him a liiiiitle more deep than that. :P
Dark Duel

Yeah, I hope so. I just wish his cast for Selina Kyle wasn't such a disappointment - I mean, Anne Hathaway, seriously? I'm sorry, but I just cannot for the life of me visualize this woman playing that role.
But hey, who knows? I never would've pegged Heath Ledger for a good Joker, and I had nightmares about him for a week after seeing The Dark Knight in theaters. I could be as pleasantly surprised with Hathaway.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Mu La Flaga

I admit Anne Hathaway might be a stretch.
But is there any other female Catwoman candidates?
Hell who wants Hale Berry again?, I sure do not :P
Dark Duel

*shudders* please don't mention that travesty. Halle Berry's Catwoman was even worse than Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy or what's-her-name's Elektra in Daredevil.

But I dunno, I thought Scarlet Johansson could've looked the part perfectly. At least, I can much more easily picture her with short, black hair and that sexy little dress from the Opera scene in Hush(image linked above)

Mu La Flaga

Jennefier Garnier as Elektra?

Or as Neo from Gundamn@MAHQ called her.

"Deer in the headlights" :mrgreen:
Dark Duel

Regardless, TDKR is one of two movies I am most looking forward to for 2012. The other one, also produced by Nolan and with a script by David Goyer(who wrote TDK), is the Superman reboot.

Mu La Flaga

Another Superman Reboot does not surprise me honnestly.
It really does not...
zerogradius

Dark Duel wrote:BANE? As in, the guy who broke Batman's back and nearly killed him in the comics Bane?
SWEEEEEEEEEET.
I concur with Mu in hoping we get that guy and not Poison Ivy's pet brain-dead wrestler from that god-awful movie.
I don't think we'll ever see that guy again. However, even if we see a more intelectual and sinister Bane, he'll most likely retain the muscles and super strength.

And if you want nightmares, imagine if good old Arnold S. and Lindsey got cast as Bane and Catwoman. The would give the forth Batman movie a run for its money (which Arnold also starred in).
Shinigam_Newtype

Am I the only one that liked the Catwoman movie?
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Mu La Flaga

Shinigam_Newtype wrote:Am I the only one that liked the Catwoman movie?
You probably are the only one so far. :P
Gatx

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to be in the moving, though his role is unknown at the moment. Robin maybe? Not as a main plot or anything. If anything maybe Dick Grayson is introduced and shows up once or twice in the movie, Batman fights Bane, gets back broken, needs replacement (or extra help if he recovers), then make some sort of quick reference to Dick Grayson being the future Robin (like the Joker card at the end of Beings to reference the Joker) before the movie ends.
halo1000

Gatx wrote:Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to be in the moving, though his role is unknown at the moment. Robin maybe? Not as a main plot or anything. If anything maybe Dick Grayson is introduced and shows up once or twice in the movie, Batman fights Bane, gets back broken, needs replacement (or extra help if he recovers), then make some sort of quick reference to Dick Grayson being the future Robin (like the Joker card at the end of Beings to reference the Joker) before the movie ends.
There would only be a slight reference at best I would think, seeing as Christian Bale said in an interview for the Dark Knight that he has never liked Robin and wouldn't be in any of the films he was in...
Mu La Flaga

Chris Nolan also has said that.
No Robin, so I don't know where that came from.
Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Yeesh, no love for Robin, eh? That's harsh. :(
Mu La Flaga

I wonder if we would get Batgirl or Batwoman though?
Dark Duel

Shinji103 wrote:Yeesh, no love for Robin, eh? That's harsh. :(
Honestly, given Nolan's style the only Robin I could see even working would be Jason Todd, the second Robin. And until recently, he got no love at all - which, while harsh, IS understandable given both his personality and what happened to him.

But since Robin isn't happening at all, that's all I'll say on that.