Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Discussion » General Discussion

Post subject: anyone abroad?
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:12 am 
Cardboard Leo Ace

Ok very random topic, but I am somewhat home sick. I am teaching English abroad in the country of Georgia and I was curious if there was anyone else living abroad (does not have to be Georgia) I need to have some interaction with fluent English speakers. XD

"Veni, vidi, Deus Vicit"

Post subject: Re: anyone abroad?
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:52 pm 
Mecha Flunky

I'm not currently abroad, nor have I lived anywhere other than Canada - however, I can understand (to a MUCH smaller extent I'm sure) how you're feeling. I was in Japan for three weeks on my own, and while it was a ton of fun and I'd do it again, I did start to long for someone to talk to who could speak English fluently. I even started to crave small things from home, like root beer (very hard to find in Japan) even though I had gone much longer than three weeks without root beer back home. One day I found a movie ticket from a theatre back home in my pants pocket and I was happy to see it for some reason :oops:

And this was only three weeks - I feel for you!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:01 pm 
Cardboard Leo Ace

I'm not really living abroad either. Though i have lived almost all of my life in my native island of Puerto Rico, i do yearn to do the abroad experience. My English has always been better than my Spanish, so i have a feeling that doing it in Spain would be a total disaster. :P I'm not too picky, but i've always wanted to try out life in the U.K. London has always had my greatest attention in terms of which city i would settle in.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:33 pm 
Lackey GM Pilot

I live abroad, I actually prefer it here to my home country.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:43 pm 
Cardboard Leo Ace

Quote:
I'm not too picky, but i've always wanted to try out life in the U.K. London has always had my greatest attention in terms of which city i would settle in.

Londons always a laugh, its got loads of clubs and good bars, and its really easy to get around. But its expensive, dirty and wont be what you expected....but still its where I live and I have no intentions of leaving.....just dont act like a tourist ;)

Sometimes the most appropriate response to reality is to go insane

Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:04 pm 
Cardboard Leo Ace

SolidSlug wrote:
Quote:
I'm not too picky, but i've always wanted to try out life in the U.K. London has always had my greatest attention in terms of which city i would settle in.

Londons always a laugh, its got loads of clubs and good bars, and its really easy to get around. But its expensive, dirty and wont be what you expected....but still its where I live and I have no intentions of leaving.....just dont act like a tourist ;)

Thanks for the advice.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:58 am 
Cardboard Leo Ace

Quote:
And this was only three weeks - I feel for you!

Thanks bud and I am here for 8 months. Oh youtube how I love thee. Luckily I have found some other expats who love amine.

Quote:
Though i have lived almost all of my life in my native island of Puerto Rico, i do yearn to do the abroad experience.

awesome dude. But just to warn you, it get really lonely if you go to countries where people dont speak English.

"Veni, vidi, Deus Vicit"

Board index » Discussion » General Discussion