Wonder Woman returning to TV

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Vent Noir

Wonder Woman returning to TV

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/wonder- ... -e-kelley/

As a fan of the character, I'm glad about this and hope the show does well.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
TheGoose

Re: Wonder Woman returning to TV

I would have gone for an animated TV show, but I'll check it out. Though, I really hope they don't have the twirling transformation like in the 70's show. That transformation still and, always will, look stupid.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I just hope they lose that stupid invisible plane like the in the Justice League cartoon--or at least make the pilot invisible with it! Also, I really doubt that oldie-but-goodie costume will fly with the networks.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
TheGoose

I just hope they lose that stupid invisible plane like the in the Justice League cartoon--or at least make the pilot invisible with it!
Well...they had the invisible plane show up later on in Justice League Unlimited. If they do have the invisible plane, I hope they don't have Wonder Woman fly by herself. I don't understand why she would have an invisible plane if she can already fly! Though, if Wonder Woman is still working in the army in this show, I guess the invisible plane would make more sense if she was doing undercover work.
Vent Noir

TheGoose wrote:
I don't understand why she would have an invisible plane if she can already fly!
When that question was brought up in the comics, her answer was "In case I need to take passengers".
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
TheGoose

Vent Noir wrote:
TheGoose wrote:
I don't understand why she would have an invisible plane if she can already fly!
When that question was brought up in the comics, her answer was "In case I need to take passengers".
Couldn't she just carry them? Most flying superheroes carry people. And, even if she still needed the plane, why make it invisible?

Considering that this is a contemporary version of Wonder Woman, I wonder how they'll get away with the villains. In the 70's WW series she fought Nazis, but since this is contemporary, I don't think they would have them. Maybe Neo-Nazis, but I'd say that's about it. They would definitely have to change some of the appearances for some of Wonder Woman's most well-known villains (Cheetah, Giganta, etc.). The makers of live-action shows like Superboy or The Flash may have gotten away with translating silly looking villains, but, in this day and age, I'd say most viewers wouldn't buy it.
Vent Noir

Well, riding in a plane would probably be more comfortable for passengers than WW carrying them herself...

As for villains, I hope they go back to her Greek myth roots and George Perez's post-crisis version, with Ares, Circe, etc.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

CidHighwind

Its not like they didnt have other superheroes in the team, like Superman, who could carry an entire building of passengers, or Green lantern who could BS up a green plane, or even batman who probably has something in his belt just for that.

Just saying.

...although the Bat-space plane was a lot farther out there than the invisible one.
wraith1701

Vent Noir wrote:Well, riding in a plane would probably be more comfortable for passengers than WW carrying them herself...
I think I'd prefer if she carried me. :wink: