The Social Network

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
MrMarch

The Social Network

I watched "The Social Network" this evening and was amazed to walk out thinking this was one of the best movies this year. More than amazed; astounded would better describe my reaction. Didn't think much of the idea about a Facebook movie until really good word of mouth started circulating on the film sites. Even then I was hopeful and somewhat excited, but still skeptical. No longer. What makes a movie about Facebook worth watching? Because it has very little to do with Facebook the website and everything to do with a Shakespearean tale of friendship, trust, betrayal, sex, honor, reputation, loss, success, class, status, money and hate that just happens to be set in the age of the internet. This film is based on a foundation of clever storytelling and brilliant dialog and never fails to deliver on both. You will come out of this film endlessly quoting witty lines with a grin from ear to ear. The acting is incredible and I hope this cast is recognized for their talent. If you don't know any of these actors before, "The Social Network" is sure to make them known names now. While the writing from Aaron Sorkin (A Few Good Men, The West Wing) is definitely the biggest selling point of this film, David Fincher is certainly up to the task with everything else. The movie looks beautiful, the editing is perfect, the shot choices are flawless, stage direction is utterly enthralling, set design is amazing, special effects are nearly invisible and the soundtrack from Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) is truly inspired scoring.

If you thought this movie was a bad idea, you owe it to yourself to see the film. You'll be pleasantly surprised and totally entertained. 5 out of 5.
"Mark, you're going to go through life thinking that everyone hates you because you're a nerd. I'm telling you now from my heart, it's because you're an a**hole"
Go see it! :)