What TV series are you watching? (on TV, DVD, VHS, ect)

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
SNT1

Re: What TV series are you watching? (on TV, DVD, VHS, ect)

Other than that, I'm thinking of going back and rewatching Family Guy again, haven't watched that in months.
I gave up on Family guy. First seasons are actually funny, but now?

Granted I only see glimpses of the most recent episodes when channel surfing, but almost everytime I see Brian flap his mouth it has McFarlane's political agenda that leaves a bad taste. Maybe I'm catching all the wrong episodes?

This is why I like The Office: all of my other favorite shows start to suck horribly After having brilliant first few seasons: (Heroes, Married with Children, Heroes, Three’s Company, Heroes, Family Guy, Heroes, The Simpsons, Heroes). I almost want to start Lost, but from what I read it’s a much worse offender than everything else I’ve mentioned.

The Office OTOH has maintained the same level or awesome (or got better) as it goes on.

Anime is just about dead to me at this point.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Dark Duel

True enough. In Plain Sight is another one, as it had a BRILLIANT first season, and then season 2 was mediocre at best.
When Season 1 was on, I religiously watched every episode the day it aired, or the day after with my DVR, as time allowed. Second season I only saw a few episodes, and only because Marshall alone remained awesome - everyone else just got...bleah. Annoying.
Same reason I stopped watching Law & Order: Criminal Intent after a while. Jeff Goldblum was his usual brilliant self, but everyone else kinda sucked.

On the other hand, White Collar, which I mentioned earlier, had a brilliant first season and an equally awesome season 2. Ditto Royal Pains, which I also enjoy watching occasionally.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
mcred23

I'm watching a lot of stuff. It's mainly centered on the Fox animated shows (The Simpsons, The Cleveland Show, Family Guy, and American Dad) and the NBC Thursday bunch (Community, 30 Rock, and The Office), plus Chuck, and a smattering of shows from Comedy Central (Tosh.0 and South Park, which I think starts up in a week or two, among others) and Cartoon Network (Mainly ATHF, Robot Chicken, and Metalocalypse). Of all of those, only Community and 30 Rock are ones I haven't been watching for what seems to be three or four years at least, as the former only started last year and I stumbled onto 30 Rock around the same time. With all the older ones, even though some of them have changed over the years, most notably The Simpsons, I still find them all entertaining, which is all I really give a crap about. :mrgreen:

And, of course, the NFL and nearly anything on the NFL Network, along with the required three-to-five hours of daily ESPN viewing. 8)
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Mu La Flaga

Seaquest DSV season 2, disk 1.

Pretty interesting intro for the series.
Dagwood and the GELFs, also Tony Piccolo being a genetically engineered human.
Introducing the new Seaquest submarine and setting up the series.

Also had the second encounter with the alien race from the first season.
Mu La Flaga

So I hate to self bump this thread.
But I ended up watching Titan AE a movie, always wanted to watch and ended up enjoying it all in all.
Weird how Don Bluth's best and darker movie, became his career killer oddly.
Mr Bushido

Well as of now the shows I'm watching on TV is NCIS. I personally think this show is very fun and exciting. For anime shows, since it's the beginning of the fall season, not many show's I'm really watching except for what I plan to watch. SRW and Gundam Unicorn ep 2 are the only things on my list as of now.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Mu La Flaga

Still going through Seaquest DSV season 2.

Never was keen on some of the cast changes and all.
wraith1701

I just discovered Sym Bionic Titan. Pretty cool stuff, despite the lame title. Outside of that, the only current TV show I'm watching is Caprica. I also plan on adding The Living Dead to the list once it begins.
Mu La Flaga

So reviving the thread.
I recently watched Beast Machines Transformers, my thoughts on it are mixed overall.

As for Seaquest I need to finish off season 2.
Antares

I got into Big Bang Theory this late; got the three season boxset and watched it in a few weeks and am loving it. :)
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Mu La Flaga

So recently watched episode 1 of Season 3 of the adventures of Merlin.
Be interested to see where things go this season really, since already it's proving to be interesting as it starts up.
Antares

Putting up Game of Thrones here just in case. :) I like it, although dodging spoilers from people who've read Martin's books takes considerable effort.

It's a more well-thought out fantasy than Spartacus (Blood and Sand), at least. I swear, people think if you put up a lot of bloodsplatter and tits, you can live between CGI City and a small set which materials probably didn't cost more than $11.99 at WalMart. But it is fun to watch with someone if only to guess if the muscles on the gladiators are any more real than anything else in the series. Credit where it is due, though; they do try to aim at some historical accuracies when it suits their purpose. :P
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
wonton bob

Currently on Tv : Dr. Who - been a fan since the Tom Baker era.
Supernatural - it's funny and the civil war in heaven is interesting.
Fringe - started watching at season 3, went back and saw 1&2 and
was hooked.

Currently on "DVD" : The Tutors - not a fan of European history but the acting and the
and the sex kept me watching.
The Borgias - again, not a fan of Euro but same as above.
Three Kingdoms (2010) - I saw the ad for this multimillion budget
series while I was in China. I am currently on episode 38 out of 95
It makes the last Romance of the Three Kingdoms series look like a
highschool play.
"War is some crazy sh**" - alexander the great
Kenji

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, my favorite show of this year, has just ended. I now await the second season. That this show is my favorite is both a testament to its strengths and an indictment of television being weaksauce.

Meanwhile, Series 6 of the revived Doctor Who has opened on a fundamentally disappointing note. I blame this on Steven Moffat hyperinflating the Silence throughout Series 5, then giving us
Spoiler
easily-forgotten and ridiculous little grays in two-piece suits when nothing short of Cthulhu would've sufficed.
Sure, there are a couple of interesting scenes and mysteries, but all of those questions will be given disappointing answers (or pushed back to Series 7 in a dishonest attempt to hook viewers) by series end. I'll be left with little real reason to buy the DVDs.

Amy Pond is still an insufferable Mary Sue, and Karen Gillan's hotness is wearing off on me.

Honestly, I worry about the revived series.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
ShadowCell

Kenji wrote:My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, my favorite show of this year, has just ended. I now await the second season. That this show is my favorite is both a testament to its strengths and an indictment of television being weaksauce.
HA god dammit i knew i wasn't the only person here who watched that

that's right, we watch My Little Pony.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

The only shows I ever watch these days is Family Guy, American Dad, Steve Wilkos and Tyler Perry's House of Payne. You heard me?!
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Bonesy!

i tried watching my little pony but I couldn't get into it/concentrated pockets of the fanbase drive me insane

I mostly watch Freakazoid and Pinky and the Brain lately. I've got Netflix but sadly a lot of the stuff I watch on it (Comedy Central Presents, the MTV/Nick animated stuff) is going away on the 22nd of May so I'll be left with just Dexter, Stargate SG1, and a few other shows.
Kenji

ShadowCell wrote:HA god dammit i knew i wasn't the only person here who watched that

that's right, we watch My Little Pony.
This thread. It just got about 20% cooler.

Not only is it just a lot of fun, I find it really instructive. It's largely because of this show that I think to myself, "Man, if Mizushima had better understood Gundam fans and what Bandai would be asking of him, Gundam 00 would've ended up a better and more unified show." I mean, one episode is basically tasked with selling a hot-air balloon toy, but it's so well-integrated into the context of the show that it's hardly noticeable.

I'm also really fond of how silly, one-off character traits end up permanent parts of the girls' personalities. When I think of other shows that did this well, I come up with... Sexy Commando Gaiden. Damn.

TV wishes it were this well-written.
"This is the truth! This is my belief. At least for now."
Mu La Flaga

So recently watched episode 2 of Season 3 of the adventures of Merlin.
Things are becoming interesting ths season.
Morgana's hatred of Uther seems to be very strong as opposed to season 1 where it was for only 1 episode or 2 at a time.

But, oh well, her plan is foiled and she will try and try again to take over Camelot.
kayone73

Modern Family (ABC)
Gurren Lagaan
Top Gear (BBC)
Fifth Gear (Channel 5)
Community (NBC)
Outsourced (NBC)