Avatar: The Last Airbender gets a sequel

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
kmagryffindor
Location: Brittania or the Union, depends on what you perfer. (Ohio)

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender gets a sequel

http://www.korranation.com/

The first two eps are released officially and I am liking how this show looks both animation wise and story wise. Plus I love Korra cause she is everything Aang wasn't, as the producers said. We already had an Aang so we don't need a cheap knock off. Korra is a new character with different flaws.
Wellman

Saw the first two episodes and I regret watching them... because now the wait for this series (and having two wait two more weeks for 'new' episodes) becomes even more unbearable.
farjad93

Saw the leaked first episode and then watched the official early release over at korranation.com over the weekend. I have to say, I really liked both of them. Looks like I don't have to worry about this one disappointing. I sure hope the series reveals what happened to Zuko's mother.
REY: Kira Yamato, your existence must end!
KIRA: Like I haven’t heard that before…on countless Gundam message boards.
DAG101

farjad93 wrote:Saw the leaked first episode and then watched the official early release over at korranation.com over the weekend. I have to say, I really liked both of them. Looks like I don't have to worry about this one disappointing. I sure hope the series reveals what happened to Zuko's mother.
The sequel is set quite some time after, so it probably won't...HOWEVER, they're making a comic series set right after the series that will probably finish that plot line.

Me and my brother are still hoping they'll make a prequel showing Iroh's story...since the little bits of info we're given through the series makes it clear it would be awesome.
The Fowl Sorcerous

farjad93 wrote: I sure hope the series reveals what happened to Zuko's mother.
considering the troll they gave us in the first episode...I have my doubts. there is a sequel comic that's a set immediately after season 3 of the first series that might settle that for you.
[[lorem ipsum]]
farjad93

The last episode of Legend of Korra was great! I was wondering whether the show would be able to produce a compelling villain and the last episode gave me my answer. Given that Amon can take away bending, he is a legitimately dangerous threat. Now I'm really curious as to how he actually got his power. Recall that Aang was the only one who knew how to take away bending in the original series and he only learned in the final episode. Mayber Amon uses a different technique? Also, there were guys who could use the same chi-blocking skills that Ty Lee had in the original series. I wonder if they're somehow related to her? All in all, a great episode. I look forward to the rest of the series!
Vent Noir

Well, the epilogue had Ty Lee joining the Kyoshi warriors, and she could presumably have taught them her technique...
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
farjad93

Yes, well that would be the most plausible explanation. I'm more interested to learn exactly how Amon got his anti-bending powers.
kmagryffindor

Interesting tid bit i read on the Legend of Korra tour of Republic City Page. Zuko is still alive. His statue is the one we saw Bolin street performing in front of. Apparently Fire Lord Zuko retired three years before the series and named his daughter as the new Fire Lord. He currently is on a world tour acting as an ambassador for inter cultural peace. So we may see him at some point.
SlowTurtle

Just finished up the first five episodes and I look forward to the rest of the season.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Sume Gai

*phew*

Things go very badly this episode with the Fire Ferrets losing the championship and Amon springing a nasty trap. Now that the Equalists have the power glove the already threatening terrorists are even more dangerous as they no longer need to spend months learning Chi-Blocking.

Also, Cabbage Corp... you don't think... Nah!
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
SlowTurtle

Things are heating up and there are questions abound...... keep wondering who Amon is???
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
kmagryffindor

Ok, so I doubt it's a coincidence that both Asami's mother and Mako and Bolin's parents where killed by a fire bender. 10 to 1 it's the same guy/gal . The pacing of this episode got me but it makes me wonder about where the show is going. We may actually see a global all out war before the series is done.
Wellman

kmagryffindor wrote:Ok, so I doubt it's a coincidence that both Asami's mother and Mako and Bolin's parents where killed by a fire bender. 10 to 1 it's the same guy/gal . The pacing of this episode got me but it makes me wonder about where the show is going. We may actually see a global all out war before the series is done.
I doubt it is the 'same' guy. The fact is that Republic City and the other colonies were Fire bender territory that they took the Earth Kingdom. Not all of them accepted the integration and not all of them were good people so rogue fire benders going around torching people isn't unexpected. They might be part of a similar gang, but unless the fire bender is revealed to be a serial killer it is unlikely.

I do agree, war is definitely coming before the end of the series, don't know if it will be global but Republic City is probably going to get worked over something fierce.