What books are you reading?

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
DAG101

Re: What books are you reading?

Currently reading through Jim Butcher's Codex Alara, plus my friend's trying to force some of the Ravenloft books on me. Also considering buying Magic: The Gathering: Path of the Planeswalkers I next month when I've got money again.
Vent Noir

Finished The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya, which didn't do much for me. Not sure at this stage if it was just this installment or if Haruhi is getting old on me.

Up next, White Ninja by Tiffiny Hall.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
SlowTurtle

Started reading Art of War, so far not bad at all.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Red Comet90

Started reading the book, "False Gods" which is the second in the Warhammer 40k Horus Heresy series. I have no idea if the book will be as good as the first since every book in the series has a different author. Hopefully it'll turn out to be good. I've only gotten a chance to read like 10 pages unfortunately.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
ZeonsSilverStar

Yesterday I finished the Mobile Suit Gundam novel trilogy and I can say with all honesty that I enjoyed this version of MSG the most. I thought the epilouge could've been alittle longer but thats really a nitpick since you find out what happened with everyone who survived the OYW. After reading this I'd like to see more of the Gundam novels translated but I suppose thats asking too much.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Vent Noir

Finished White Ninja... not the greatest. It did have bright spots, and the action scenes are pretty well-written, but some of the stuff about ninja and samurai made me facepalm. I know, artistic license, but still... I probably won't be getting the sequels.

Up next, more Asian-inspired fantasy with Eon by Allison Goodman.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I'm currently going through Chris Claremont and Jim Lee's run of X-Men. Afterwards I'll make yet another attempt to read the Girl Who Played with Fire.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
mcred23

As a matter of bringing things up to date, I very much enjoyed Ender's Shadow and the rest of the Shadow series (Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets and Shadow of the Giant), with the middle two books being quite excellent and two of my favorites of everything set in the Ender universe. I then sprinted through the rest of the Ender stuff I could get my hands on. In roughly the order I read them: A War of Gifts and First Meetings, which were both short but solid, Ender in Exile, which served as a nice little tie in for several of the other books, and finally Shadows in Flight and Earth Unaware, which were both excellent, if a bit short compared to the other stuff, and left on pretty well handled cliff hangers. So now I've got some stuff to look forward to down the line. :)

Anyway, after three-odd months of the Ender universe, I'm shifting into some other stuff on my reading backlog. At the moment, I'm just into chapter 2 of the 20th Anniversary Edition of Heir to the Empire. I've read the novel probably a dozen times, but this edition includes annotations by the author on all sorts of subjects which I've already found really interesting and cool, so it'll make this re-read quite a bit different.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Vent Noir

Finished Eon which had me hooked pretty well, although the ending felt a bit rushed. I should be getting to the sequel, Eona, soon. Before that, though, I'm on to Black God's Kiss, a compilation of C. L. Moore's Jirel of Jiory stories.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

SlowTurtle

Started reading Halo: The Thursday War, all I have to say is I hope to god its better then Glasslands.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
Vent Noir

Finished Black God's Kiss. Pretty fun, if hyperbolic. Next up, Fire Season by David Weber and Jane Lindskold.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Red Comet90

I finished False Gods and in a way I was disappointed. The characters went out of character towards the end of the book with no real development as to why they wanted to go after one of their own. It was utterly ridiculous.

I'm taking a short break from the series and reading Fall of Damnos now.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
mcred23

Heir to the Empire's 20th Anniversary Edition was as enjoyable as I expected. The annotations were pretty cool on how the book was written and other odds and ends, and the extra short story included with it was pretty good too. I also knocked out Stephen Colbert's America Again, which was really funny, although not quite as much as his first book (Although I haven't read that in a few years...).

Next on my list is Joe Haldeman's The Forever War.

Vent Noir

Gotten to the end of Fire Season, which I liked. Next up, Eona by Allison Goodman, the sequel to Eon which I read not long ago.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Antares

-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
MechLife

Vent Noir wrote:Gotten to the end of Fire Season, which I liked. Next up, Eona by Allison Goodman, the sequel to Eon which I read not long ago.
Who's Fire Season by? I loved Eon, by far one of my favorite YA fantasy novels.
Vent Noir

MechLife wrote:
Vent Noir wrote:Gotten to the end of Fire Season, which I liked. Next up, Eona by Allison Goodman, the sequel to Eon which I read not long ago.
Who's Fire Season by? I loved Eon, by far one of my favorite YA fantasy novels.
David Weber and Jane Lindskold, as mentioned in an earlier post. It's the sequel to A Beautiful Friendship.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Vent Noir

Finished Eona, which I found hard to get into initially, but ended up enjoying more near the end.

Next up, The Truth of Valor by Tanya Huff.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

mcred23

Once again catching up, I finished The Forever War, which I greatly enjoyed. After that, I read a pair of old biographies on Patton and MacArthur (By H. Essame and Gavin Long, respectively) that I last read in 2001 (When I was in 5th grade 8)), which were pretty interesting after all these years.

So I once again went and got myself a bunch of new books, the first of which I'm reading is Eugene Sledge's With The Old Breed.