R.I.P. Satoshi Kon...

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
TetraVaal

R.I.P. Satoshi Kon...

http://www.mania.com/satoshi-kon-passes ... 24823.html

this guy was one of the key players in reinvigorating my interest in anime. This is such devastating news to me... this guy will be missed greatly. :(

R.I.P. Kon... all of your films have left a profound impact on me.
MrMarch

Re: R.I.P. Satoshi Kon...

Yeah, I heard about it the other day. Terrible news and a loss for anime. Kon was one of the few in his industry truly breaking from the norm and producing some groundbreaking productions much like Mamoru Oshii did for his generation and Hayao Miyazaki for the generation before that. Anime has truly lost a vital voice with Kon's passing. :(
TetraVaal

MrMarch wrote:Yeah, I heard about it the other day. Terrible news and a loss for anime. Kon was one of the few in his industry truly breaking from the norm and producing some groundbreaking productions much like Mamoru Oshii did for his generation and Hayao Miyazaki for the generation before that. Anime has truly lost a vital voice with Kon's passing. :(
from what I've been reading about his passing, it appears he had been living in poverty. How the hell did this happen? I mean, I know I've read before that he's paid for his own productions out of his own pocket, but this is just so unfortunate and heartbreaking. I just pray that he's in a better place... one thing is for sure, his work will forever hold a special place in my heart when it comes to anime.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I've seen pretty much every one of Satoshi Kon's works except for his entry in Memories and Millennium Actress. It's a shock (to me) and a shame to lose such a talented figure in the anime industry. I never knew he had pancreatic cancer, and it kills him during the production of his latest film, too. I don't know how much he'll be missed by the whole anime community, but I sure as hell will.

R.I.P.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Kyuzo Aoi

What about his last movie? I hope his successors will finish this very well as a fitting tribute to that guy. Thanks Satoshi for Tokyo Godfathers.
I am a Gundam!
liubei013

It took me a minute for the name to click, but when it did...dang. (It was a little odd too, considering I showed Tokyo Godfathers to my sis about the same day that news broke out)

He will be missed. Whether or not works of his caliber will be seen again...we can only hope.