Kamen Rider Double(W)

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
EZero8

Re: Kamen Rider Double(W)

r34racer01 wrote:Well its all over now. Thoughts anyone? Overall I'd say it was a really good show. Best of the Heisei in my opinion.
The finale more-or-less ruined the climax from the previous episode. I mean, after all that hard work (including Phillip sacrificing his very existence) to save her,
Spoiler
Wakana goes and kills herself a year later to bring Phillip back to life.
I mean, really? I get that it's a kids show and happy endings are preferable, but... really? Here I thought this was going to be an ending that rivaled Blade in greatness.

Ultimately all of the plot's ingenious build-up to that final battle was wasted; all of the emotional stuff and the character development went down the drain. I mean it's still a great series and second only to Blade within the Heisei Era, in my opinion, in terms of the plot and the execution since the ending was such a cop-out that it kept the series from being "perfect." Had it ended an episode earlier, the "Best in Heisei" title would've been more of a toss-up for me.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Geoxile

Re: Kamen Rider Double(W)

Yea, it was a bit too happy in the end but I think the series itself was good. The ending was meh though. I would have rather watched Shotaro stand up by himself and beat Energy's ***.

Blade's end was surprisingly sullen, but no one died. Not like Ryuki, kinda >_> well...