Kamen Rider Double(W)

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Bonesy!

Re: Kamen Rider Double(W)

I've only seen Kamen Rider J, Kabuto, a bit of Agito, and am currently trying to keep up with W.

W is really enjoyable and I've loved every bit of it. I'm at episode 10 due to a lack of net, but I'm probably gonna get caught up soon.
Wellman

Kavik Ryx wrote:Out of curiosity, I went and saw the first episode of Double, which was certainly more awesome than any Sentai episode I've seen.

Is this series characteristic of most Rider series?
Mostly yes.

Really, a lot of the Rider series are a bit darker but not by much. Each series has its own themes, characters and ideas. The only really big difference between W and most of the other Heisei era shows (Rider series from 2000 to present) is the two characters = one rider aspect and from what I have seen, both a smaller on screen body count and less horror aspects in the monsters.
Bonesy!

Could we expand this to a general tokusatsu thread? I've been watching Shinkenger while I wait for more W, and it is amazingly fun to watch.
Sfreak

Bonesy! wrote:Could we expand this to a general tokusatsu thread? I've been watching Shinkenger while I wait for more W, and it is amazingly fun to watch.
ohhh! if that comes true expect me to participate! (avid toku fan here)
as for double silhouette mirage(PS1, great game) seems to be an indirect inspiration for him.
Bonesy!

I'm really, really liking Decade so far, I've seen the first three episodes and I really enjoy them.

If anyone's interested in Kamen Rider W or Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, I recently wrote some concept/small character overviews on another forum that I could show you. I did them at 3 in the morning though, so the capitalization is bad.
r34racer01

Anyone watch the newest ep? FangJoker is sick! Anyone who was disappointed with Joker Extreme, you'll probably like Fang Strider a lot more. I can't wait for when Accel shows up, which I suspect will be within the next 3 episodes. :D :D :D
Don't steal, the government hates competition.
Momaru

My curiosity was piqued and I started watching Decade recently and have found it to be surprisingly enjoyable. I'll admit I'm a total noob when it comes to Kamen Rider. It seems to be a fairly good lead in to the franchise as it features every Heisei era show and then some. What I want to know is if you guys have any recommendations for which show I should watch next? So far Double(like the theme), Kiva(like the theme), Den-o(heard it's funny), and Blade(heard it's well written) seem like candidates.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
ZeroBusterXX

Momaru wrote:My curiosity was piqued and I started watching Decade recently and have found it to be surprisingly enjoyable. I'll admit I'm a total noob when it comes to Kamen Rider. It seems to be a fairly good lead in to the franchise as it features every Heisei era show and then some. What I want to know is if you guys have any recommendations for which show I should watch next? So far Double(like the theme), Kiva(like the theme), Den-o(heard it's funny), and Blade(heard it's well written) seem like candidates.

I'd really recommend 555, Blade, Hibiki's first half, Kabuto and Kuuga.

If you've seen Versus, Kabuto will have a very familiar face towards the end.
Kavik Ryx

As a Rider noob myself, I have found Double actually to be a very friendly series to start with. And every tells me that Blade is amazing.

Just be careful. It only takes a little Kamen Rider until you develop a sudden urge to try something Super Sentai. Boukenger has quickly become a guilty pleasure of mine.
Heecarl_Reez

If you follow the kamen rider:dragon knight,it might be a good idea to watch the original version:Kamen rider Ryuki.The series do have Highlander-ish theme,fight till become the one.Controversial(For Kamen Rider-At that time especially),but nice series.Other HEISEI series that I do recomend is Blade(really awesome),Kuuga,Agito,and of course the still ongoing series W(lately W's been awesome you ought to check it out).

If you want to know the roots,or in the other words watching the showa rider series(in this case the original series),you gotta prepare yourself.Not like the original MSG(:P),the original Kamen rider spans around 98 episode,yeah 98 :D.But there's a retteling version of the original series.The movie called Kamen Rider:the First.Not exactly same per se,but could give you an idea(of course the original series is more memorable ;))..

Oh yeah still talking bout showa riders,if you can,and have an intention to watch it,Kamen Rider Black(also appear in decade) is highly recommended.It's dark and awesome..and...Shadow Moon XD..

Eh anyway for this week W,.I saw the next episode preview,and.....
Spoiler
New kamen Rider Accel!!!woohoo..And what's with the clothes(with all red)??Remind me of kaneda from AKira really
r34racer01

Spoiler
Nazca R.I.P. 2009-2010
I'm lookin' forward to seeing Accel in action. He already sound like the stereotypical 2nd Rider douchebag if you heard what he said at the end of the last ep.
Wellman

Momaru wrote:My curiosity was piqued and I started watching Decade recently and have found it to be surprisingly enjoyable. I'll admit I'm a total noob when it comes to Kamen Rider. It seems to be a fairly good lead in to the franchise as it features every Heisei era show and then some. What I want to know is if you guys have any recommendations for which show I should watch next? So far Double(like the theme), Kiva(like the theme), Den-o(heard it's funny), and Blade(heard it's well written) seem like candidates.
All I can say is that when watching a series currently on the air, watching it in in 2 episode chunks are the best method, cliffhangers are for suckers.

Also, pretty much everything you listed are pretty good follow ups, coming off of Decade.
Bonesy!

W is wonderful, unfortunately I'm still back on episode 15 so I have some catching up to do when my living situation is more stable and I have more regular computer access.

Decade is pretty fun to watch as well.
ZeroBusterXX

I've been keeping up with W though!

Spoiler
Damn. Accel has some flair. I like how he carries his Engine Blade with him even when he isn't transformed. I also really dig his bike.
Geoxile

Kamen Rider is much darker. Whether it's Showa or Heisei a lot of people die throughout the series, on the other hand sentai maybe has a few deaths. Also, no crappy robots. Seriously, the last time they had a good Megazord was in Might Morphing/Zyuranger
Bonesy!

I dunno, I like what they've been doing with ShinkenGold's mech as far as I've watched.
r34racer01

So who else has been keeping up? I gotta say Weather is one bad mutha f**ker. Anyone else excited for CycloneJokerExtreme?
Bonesy!

i try not to keep track of the powerups announced and whatnot so I'll be blown away when I see them
r34racer01

Well a lot's happened.
Spoiler
Accel got an upgrade.
Weather died(a gruesome death).
Saeko was ousted and is now Nazca.
Organization X appears
Phillip is officially Raito Sonozaki.
Wakana went evil and is now XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not to mention she can also chat w/ her bro in the Gaia Library now.
And to top it off Terror's been using Double the whole time so he could get data on how to upgrade Claydoll making the guy even more badass. :twisted:
We've also got the next W movie coming at the end of the summer. BTW who else watched W & Decade - Movie Taisen 2010? I just gotta say Kamen Rider Skull is 10 kinds of badass.

Lastly the newest rider series coming after W is Kamen Rider OOO (pronounced Oooos)
http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergun ... ?mid=50994
r34racer01

Well its all over now. Thoughts anyone? Overall I'd say it was a really good show. Best of the Heisei in my opinion.