Latest movie thread.

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Mu La Flaga

Re: Latest movie thread.

That is true, I also liked they did the whole homage to Bucky becoming Cap in one of the comics later on.
Using the shield and all.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Tonight I've just finished watching a French favorite--the original Nikita movie, directed by Luc Besson, online. Having watched it on VHS and then on network TV, I've noticed that they've slightly tweaked the subtitles.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Spidey62

Mu La Flaga wrote:That is true, I also liked they did the whole homage to Bucky becoming Cap in one of the comics later on.
Using the shield and all.
You can kinda put it in the since of a reference to the winter soldier storyline if you wanted to,which is apparently the plot of the next movie.
I just finished watching the old Conan movies to hype me up for the new film.
Gotta say,as cheesy as they are I still love them.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

I just finished watching the old Conan movies to hype me up for the new film.
Gotta say,as cheesy as they are I still love them.
That's what I had in mind when I watched those 70's Captain America movies on Syfy a few weeks back. But I waited until today to watch the new one. Because it played for the last time the other day, I wound up watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes instead. Not a bad piece of work, and I caught at least one reference from the old films. But all the trailers and commercials left me feeling underwhelmed by the finished product.

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Spidey62

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a scene in the old cap movies where he is riding the motorcycle with the hang glider and in one frame you clearly see him crash into a tree? I havnt seen the old cap movies since the last days of VHS.
I still havnt seen ROTPA or CBA and that 30 min or less film looks good. Debating on if I should grab the girlfriend and movie hop to knock those movies out.
G-Slayer

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a scene in the old cap movies where he is riding the motorcycle with the hang glider and in one frame you clearly see him crash into a tree? I havnt seen the old cap movies since the last days of VHS.
I don't recall seeing Capt. hit a tree, but since I was watching the TV version they might've left out that part.

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Spidey62

Most likely, I am sure that it's in the movie, but they may have taken it out to make the movie less cheesy......if that's possible.
Dark Duel

G-Slayer wrote:Not a bad piece of work, and I caught at least one reference from the old films.
There were quite a few actually, though most of them are kind of subtle.
- Tom Felton's character is named DODGE LANDON - DODGE and LANDON were the names of Charlton Heston's character's two initial surviving crew mates in the original. On a more obvious note, he gets Heston's iconic "Get your paws off me" line from the original film.
- The Orangutan's name, MAURICE, is a reference to actor Maurice Evans, who played Dr. Zaius in the original film. Dr. Zaius was, BTW, an orangutan.
- The entire character of Caesar was derived from the character of the same name in Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. Rise's storyline is loosely inspired by the same film.
- James Franco's character's Boss, Jacobs, could also be one: Jacobs was the surname of the director of all the original Apes films.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
G-Slayer

I could only link Caesar saying his first word, "NO!", which was the first word said by a female chimp in Conquest. That's what she said, literally. :lol:

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Dark Duel

Huh. You're right - I'd forgotten about that one.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Spidey62

I'v only seen the first film, Do i need to watch the others before seeing this film?
Dark Duel

Well, Rise is a reboot of the franchise, so it's actually not at all connected to any of the previous films even if it is heavily inspired by them.
So no, you would not need to have seen ANY of the previous movies to be able to enjoy it.
I only ever saw the first of the originals and that god-awful Tim Burton remake plus about half of Conquest, and I was perfectly able to enjoy it.

Spidey62

That's good to hear.
There's nothing I hate worse then being lost in a continuity.
You know, I own the Tim Burton remake but have yet to open it. :lol:
I guess that's a good thin in the end,but one day I will have to watch it to set my own opinion.
G-Slayer

Yesterday I watched the Miyazaki-like Origin: Secrets of the Past along with my favorite crapper, Art of Revenge.

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Mu La Flaga

Saw Green Lantern earlier, rather enjoyed this movie.
I don't get how some people hate on this movie for, I'm not big on DC or Green Lantern and I really enjoyed it in the end.
Spidey62

Mu La Flaga wrote:Saw Green Lantern earlier, rather enjoyed this movie.
I don't get how some people hate on this movie for, I'm not big on DC or Green Lantern and I really enjoyed it in the end.
Your answer is in your own opinion.
People don't like it because those who read the comic,including me, find that the character of Hal Jordan is nothing,and I mean nothing like the comic book.
I don't mean to sound like I'm ranting,but the film was a failure in my eyes because of that,and alot of scenes just seemed rushed.
The entire paralax fight at the end was really underwhelming for the character that he is.
As a comic book movie on it's own, it fails because It doesn't really grasp the character in any way shape or form that its adapting.
As a movie on its own I know some people liked it, but I've seen the movie 3 times,fell asleep the first time sitting through it and I really cant find a reason to like it besides the special effects.
But then again this is coming from a guy who works at a comic book shop and reads the book.

I saw Conan, Really liked it.
Its alot better then the old films and while there's some things I could nit pick such as his eyes not being blue, Its a really good film and it is such a crime that this film is not being give a chance to show what it has. In my area there were only 3 showings in total at my local movie theater.
It was my favorite movie of the year,but I'm a big Conan fan so take my recommendation with some thought of your own.
TetraVaal

'Drive'-- best movie of the year, by far.
Mu La Flaga

Higurashiwing93 wrote:
Mu La Flaga wrote:Saw Green Lantern earlier, rather enjoyed this movie.
Your answer is in your own opinion.
People don't like it because those who read the comic,including me, find that the character of Hal Jordan is nothing,and I mean nothing like the comic book.
I don't mean to sound like I'm ranting,but the film was a failure in my eyes because of that,and alot of scenes just seemed rushed.
The entire paralax fight at the end was really underwhelming for the character that he is.
As a comic book movie on it's own, it fails because It doesn't really grasp the character in any way shape or form that its adapting.
As a movie on its own I know some people liked it, but I've seen the movie 3 times,fell asleep the first time sitting through it and I really cant find a reason to like it besides the special effects.
But then again this is coming from a guy who works at a comic book shop and reads the book.

I saw Conan, Really liked it.
Its alot better then the old films and while there's some things I could nit pick such as his eyes not being blue, Its a really good film and it is such a crime that this film is not being give a chance to show what it has. In my area there were only 3 showings in total at my local movie theater.
It was my favorite movie of the year,but I'm a big Conan fan so take my recommendation with some thought of your own.
I just want to say as bad as it seems to some people who know the comics.
It's not as bad as Batman and Robin in comparisson :P
South Burning

Spacehunter vs. Starhunter

In Target the other day I picked up a series called Starhunter because it was only 5 bucks. It reminded me of the old movie Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone. It had been so long since I had seen Spacehunter that I ordered it from Walmart (the BEST place to find old movies; Walmart has every single Godzilla movie that has been released on DVD) even before I had the opportunity to view Starhunter. Starhunter is AWFUL. Don't waste your money. The SFX are better than Spacehunter because they are digital, but the acting and the plots stink. I donated Starhunter to the local library. But Spacehunter was a pretty good flick. It stars Peter Strauss (a decent actor), Molly Ringwald (The Breakfast Club), and Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters), an unlikely group for a good SciFi flick, but I enjoyed it. Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone stays in my collection.
Mu La Flaga

Rewatched Thor on DVD, still really like this movie from when I saw it earlier on.
Watched it with commentary on from Kenneth Brangh.

Was interesting to hear his input and thoughts on the creative processes of making the movie ect.