Transformers 2 Trailer

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Antares

Re: Transformers 2 Trailer

Next week. ;)

Oh man, it still looks like a lot of meatbag-action, but hey, I suppose I can try to live that down. I've seen too many trailers though to think I've seen most of the best bits of the movie already. :P
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Furious Rodimus

Interestingly enough, a review from IGN pegged it at too long, and with too much robot action. Go figure.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/994/994427p1.html
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
hellbore

Furious Rodimus wrote:Interestingly enough, a review from IGN pegged it at too long, and with too much robot action. Go figure.
http://movies.ign.com/articles/994/994427p1.html
Wait a minute, isn't that the exact opposite of the criticisms leveled at the first movie?

:shock: :roll: :lol:
On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
toysdream wrote:I've always been partial to the Big Cloud of Balls
Furious Rodimus

Yes that is the exact opposite of a lot of the fan-boi's criticism of the first movie (somewhere below designs, M-Bay, lack of Frank Welker, original theme song et al.)

I'm not convinced though that you can ever have too much battling in a Transformers series though, since the plot has pretty well always been secondary. I'll find out tomorrow night and see what I think.

ZeroBusterXX

Man oh man, I am seeing this one at Midnight o'2, and I can't wait to see it! As a fan of G1 Transformers, and the Dreamwave comics, I say this movie is going to rock! I agree with Rodimus, too much fighting in a Transformers movie is never a bad thing, I want to see some action!

EDIT: Since no new posts have been made, I'll post my thoughts on the film here. It was better than the first. The plot was a little darker, the humor a bit more mature, and the CGI was even better than the first's was. The Autobot Twins though, they kind of bordered on an ethnic stereotype. The action scenes in this film were jaw-dropping, too!

On a side note, they showed a trailer for The Last Airbender (the film version of Avatar: The Last Airbender) and it looked really good too. One man in the theater yelled out "REDEMPTION!!", due to it being directed by M. Night Shamalan.
hellrasinbrasin

Everyone here remember how IDWs STAR TREK COUNTDOWN was the backstory to the new STAR TREK FILM well TRANSFORMERS II: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN HAS III

[01] TRANSFORMERS: DEFIANCE (BEFORE TF1)
[02] TRANSFORMERS: THE REIGN OF STARSCREAM (AFTER TF1)
[03] TRANSFORMERS: ALLIANCE (AFTER TF1)
Furious Rodimus

I haven't read any of the prequel stuff. I'm trying to keep myself as in the dark as possible this time since I had read too much about the first one last time. I only know a few basics this time which I think will be a preferable way to see it.

Shinji103
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship: Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

Just got back from seeing it. (most crowded theater I've been two since I went to see the first Pokemon movie as a kid)
Spoiler
Two lines:

Loved it

and

Great movie.

I figured the big one-wheeled guy was going to be a bit more important, but oh well. It's still cool seing humans and Autobots fighting side-by-side to kick Decepticon @$$. :)

They also seemed to pick up a "GATTAI!!!" for Optimus thing or two from Japanese Transformers as well.

I could've done with a classic "Constructicons, unite!" line when they formed Devastator, though.

And I definitely could've done without the army of overdone sex-jokes. Not that they ruined the movie of course, but I still could've done without them. And seeing Simmons with a wedgie (or maybe those undwerwear were supposed to be like that.....either way, it was a disturbing view) would've been quite traumatic if it weren't for a full room of viewers to help me laugh it off as comedy.

And above all, I could have done without the "idiotin'" (Trademark - Harry Stamper) "Mister Glass is Half Empty" (Trademark - Jack O'Neill) politician acting like he knows a dang thing about what's going on. If I want to see dumb politicians making a mess, I'll watch Stargate SG-1.

And HUZZAH to the continued defeating of the "Late Reinforcements" cliche. I love chaos battles.
Now movie 3 better have Unicron in it. If they make a 3rd Transformers movie for a trilogy and don't have Unicron, the most destructive and arguably most infamous Transformer bad guy of all time, I'm gonna ax the staff. Then I'm gonna axe them. :evil:
Destiny_Gundam

I also saw the movie tonight. How I feel is, in a word, apathetic. Just too much stuff crammed in here to care about any of it. There were lots more robots, but most of them didn't even get names. So when they get punked, I'm all "Wait, who was that?" Things are introduced, but either have no importance, or quickly do their job and are forgotten about. Couldn't care less about all the drama on Sam's end, either.

I laughed at the comedy moments, and some of the fights were cool, but had the same problems at the first film (camera too busy). But in the end, I've seen far better in terms of robot action. It was a fine watch, if a bit too long, but I certainly don't feel a desire to go see it again, nor do I think I'll remember much of it tomorrow morning.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Imperial

The movie can really be seen as one of two ways, I think. As a piece of cinema, it was awful. As an action movie about giant robots smashing each other with laser cannons and heat swords and uprooted trees, it was amazing.

Sure, there was stuff I didn't like about it. 1. Too much filler. I could have done without the tedious college bit and all of those other sub-plots that went nowhere. 2. The humor failed to be funny, which is too bad. I'll laugh at almost anything. 3. There was entirely too much going on. So many of the Transformers were set pieces instead of characters, particularly all the newcomers. Sure, it's a big toy commercial but it would have been nice to get something more than "I'm the blue car" or "I'm the pink motorcycle." The real crime was that potentially cool robots got stuffed into the background so we could choke on those awful Twins. 4. A lot of repetition. Sam tries not to get involved. He gets involved anyway. Robot battles and political mumbo jumbo follow. Sam runs through a Transformers battlefield to get the latest magical device where it needs to be. Bad guy dies a horrible death and his minions slink off to plot the next movie.

That said, the movie delivered in a big way on what I had hoped to see, and that was the mechanical mayhem. Every fight scene was amazing, be it the running battle in Shanghai to the firefight in Jordan, but two scenes really took the cake--the forest brawl and the final battle. Holy cow. Optimus has always been great, but he must be sweating pure, concentrated 'cool' at this point. "I'll take you all on!" And he meant every word.

And before I forget: Jetfire needs his own prequel.
This space for rent
Thundermuffin

Just saw it. Was entertaining.

Liked it about as much as the first one, maybe a bit more.

Might as well break it down, in no particular order...

LIKED-

-Didn't mind most of the cruder humor, the comedic timing of a lot of it was spot-on and nothing fell flat. The slapstick was great too. Especially the taserings.

-Leo was pretty funny. At least he was amusing, unlike Anthony Anderson and whatsherface.

-Although he only got one standout scene, Sideswipe was pretty damn cool.

-"PULL OVER!"

-Simmons gets "Most Improved Player" award. He was much more amusing this time around and actually was useful/heroic to boot. Doesn't mean I needed to see his ass, though.

-Ironhide- "You DARE point a gun at me??" Heheh, ironic.

-The forest battle was frickin' incredible and easily the highlight of the film. Should please anyone who thought Prime got shortchanged in the last movie.

-Megatron. While he didn't fare so well in battle, I liked Weaving's performance as him, and his relationship with the Fallen kind of made him seem younger and more...approachable almost.

-Jetfire. Consistently amusing as all hell. Healthy amount of memorable lines.

-Bumblebee ripping Ravage's skeleton out. FATALITY!

DISLIKES-

-The twins were pretty dire. The only thing I kinda chuckled at was the "Yeah, cuz he's a REMOVED." (Fist bump)

-The Fallen was kinda a waste. His plot thread didn't seem to be given enough weight.

-Weird how Soundwave didn't get his usual voice effect. The voice was fine, but in for a dime, in for a dollar, y'know? Guess not...

-The middle kinda dragged a bit. And if you cut out all of the Bay US army masturbatory shots, you coulda trimmed like, twenty minutes from the movie.

-Devastator. Transformation sequence was cool...other than that, he didn't do...much of anything. I was amused by the "balls" scene though, mostly because of John Tuturro's delivery and the face he makes, like he KNOWS it's an embarrassing line and plays it up.

-"Give me your FACE." SERIOUSLY?? Easily the worst line in the movie. Made worse by being delivered by Prime of all people.

I have no issue with Prime being brutal to his enemies (Movie Prime has been established to be a pretty brutal warrior, in the prequel comics he personally kills like...a good half-dozen toy-only Decepticons while hunting with the Nest team).

But that was a downright creepy/EVIL line. Was fine with "I rise, you fall." though. That worked for Prime.

Optimus Prime, defender of freedom! Ripper-off of faces!

All in all, I was entertained, I laughed, I got chills. A good movie experience on the whole. I'll definitely be glad to be see it again.
ZeroBusterXX

Some of Prime's lines in the film were downright menacing, if you ask me. Not that that was a bad thing though. I wanted to see more of Jetfire. I liked him mainly because he Transformed into a Blackbird, which is one of my favorite aircraft of all time.
Furious Rodimus

There was a lot to enjoy in the movie I thought. Some of the humor I could have done without and I wanted one or both of the Twins to buy it hardcore in the course of the film.

ILM really busted out some awesome for the movie. I also appreciated that for most of the battles the camera was pulled a but further back, and was not as shaky as in the previous film so that we could actually see what was going on.

I really appreciated when the Pretender transformed and her face went all polygonal, it was a nice nod to Masterforce I thought. I wish the build up to the reveal was a little longer, but oh well.

Jetfire really did steal the show when he showed up, but I thought he turned out quite well.

It was also nice to see the interaction b/w Megatron and Starscream and how the work and don't work together.

As for the voice of Soundwave that was Frank Welker doing his Dr. Claw voice from inspector Gadget, which is the same voice he did for G1 Soundwave before it was double-synthesized into Soundwave's voice so I didn't mind it.

It was also nice that this movie started out quickly with the action, and that it carried forward quite well. There was a drag in the middle section and in the prelude to the final battle, but that's a minor gripe in my mind.

I'd say for a Transformers film it easily get an 8/10.

Oruma

Watched it last night with my friends. The movie's alright, though overall I liked the first movie a tad better.
Spoiler
-battle in Shanghai: it's kinda ruined for me when that police helicopter flew by----due to it saying 警察 ("police" in Chinese, but a term used only in HK; in mainland China it should've been 公安) but the battle was still quite cool. We had some confusion as to why Optimus was on the ground as a truck in one scene and air-dropping a scene later, but the ground truck wasn't him.

-battle in the forest: now that's really something. Optimus was PRIME!

-I lol'ed in the final battle, when Optimus said "Let's roll!" and flew off...

-could do without a LOT of the cruel humor though...otoh it pleased most of the audience so... :roll: or maybe the first film's "Sam's happy time" was that much better? :lol:

-Jetfire was made of WIN. and someone said he didn't age well? Loved his dad though...
"He's the first wheel and transformed into NOTHING."

-Whatever happened to that little perverted turncoat mini-car?

-could've done with a lot less of the twins and a lot more of the others. I liked the Motorbike girls but they're blasted that easily *sigh* thought that they'd make a great time with hot Mikaela :P

-oh, and, the Fallen really isn't that great and Megatron is reduced to a mid-level boss character (and Starscream? a clown). the final battle isn't as great as the earlier ones.
overall, 7.5/10
"So...what does the Uncertainty Principle really mean?"
"Sorry, I'm not sure."
hellrasinbrasin

When there's something strange in your neighborhood who you gonna call Prime Busters
dah nah dah nah
Red Comet90

I went to go see the movie at the midnight showing and since I got there within an hour of its starting time I had to see it a second time so that the forest scene actually made sense. As to what I liked and didn't. The movie suffered from those bothersome twins. If they hadn't had been there and replaced with the Corvette (R/C I think his name was) and the bikes it would have been much more interesting. Jet fire was awesome and hilarious. The jokes of the movie were spot on and in line with the first movie. I just absolutely hated the two twins. Only one of them had a good line in the entire 2 and a half hours.

With all that I enjoyed I have a few things that bothered me about the movie. Megatron was a loser in the movie. Megatron in the first movie was nearly impossible to kill and in this movie prime takes him and 2 other decepticons on as if it were nothing. It makes no sense. The Fallen was reduced to a 1 minute battle which was less than satisfying although I enjoyed his combining with JetFire. The battle scenes were amazing but I hope the twins don't get as much screen time in the 3rd movie. One last thing...Devastor was underutilized for being something so monstrous they could have made a better scene out of that.

The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Thundermuffin

Red Comet90 wrote: If they hadn't had been there and replaced with the Corvette (R/C I think his name was) and the bikes it would have been much more interesting.
The Corvette is Sideswipe, the three bikes were Arcee.
Red Comet90

Thundermuffin wrote:
Red Comet90 wrote: If they hadn't had been there and replaced with the Corvette (R/C I think his name was) and the bikes it would have been much more interesting.
The Corvette is Sideswipe, the three bikes were Arcee.
Thanks for the clarifications. Wait the three bikes are referred to collectively?
Also who was the blue Autobot? You see him in the background when they surround the autobots at the nest base.

-- Haman Karn
ZeroBusterXX

It was probably Jolt.
Spoiler
He doesn't do much in the film except help attach Jetfire's parts to Optimus
Red Comet90

Yeah that was him. I hardly saw him at all in the movie. They reduced him to nothing and those twins got all the screen time instead. I think its funny how his name is Jolt and the car's name is Volt. :lol:

-- Haman Karn