Transformers 2 Trailer

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Aegis

Re: Transformers 2 Trailer

Ya know, now that I've seen it for myself, I can actually say I enjoyed it more than the first movie. This, in spite of all the flaws that have been named in this very thread, like the annoying twins, the sudden power surge from Optimus (which, as creepy as he was, I still prefer that over, say, Furman Optimus), the disjointed plot (which wasn't all that noticeable amidst the action, and yet hilarious when you do notice it), the annoying humans, the unnecessary innuendos, Devastator actually possessing a *ahem* pair of them, etc, etc, etc. It certainly wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, and the brutality and violence kept me hooked. Glad I decided to watch it, as I thoroughly enjoyed watching what the film did right as well as what the film did absolutely, positively wrong. :P
Furious Rodimus

Since its been a while, and I've had some time to think, here are some things I would like to see in Transformers 3 divided into 'it could happen' and 'would be awesome but will never happen'.

Of the three of Mikaela, Sam and Prime, two should die. I vote for Sam and Mikaela, or Sam and Prime. Prime's story without the two humans would be a very interesting one to explore, to see how reacts to it, and to the character that kills them or gets them killed. Also Mikaela's story without Prime and Sam would be interesting to explore since she doesn't seem as invested in this war as Sam is, but how would she act/react without her love interest and primary defender? Does she step up? Or go crazy? Or does she defect to the 'Cons? It could be a fun one to explore and less cliche than Sam w/o Prime and Mikaela.

Metroplex, Predaking.

David Kaye as a voice actor.

Serious casualties to developed main characters please and thank you.

Things I would like to see, but will never happen list:

Some of the 'Master' processes for the Head, Target, Power/God masters.
Dinobots w/fan-fiction combined form.
The Wreckers (from the UK comics and Dreamwave and IDW)
Simon Furman or James MacDonough (sp?) as script consultant or writer for that matter
Don Figuorea (sp?) as designer.
Sunstorm from Dreamwave.
Overlord from Masterforce.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Thundermuffin

Furious Rodimus wrote: Dinobots w/fan-fiction combined form.
NOT THIS.
Furious Rodimus

Thundermuffin wrote:
Furious Rodimus wrote: Dinobots w/fan-fiction combined form.
NOT THIS.
Yea, not that version. It burns my eyes.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Strike Zero

Omega Supreme. Nimitz class aircraft carrier.

'Nuff said.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Renegade334

Severe apologies for the thread necromancy, I just wanted to post an update...

Theatrical trailer.

From the looks of it, the shuttle that crash landed on the Moon wasn't the only thing back there
Spoiler
not to mention the faction that it contained Sentinel Prime, who has been confirmed to be voiced by a relative of Michael Bay, the ever-famous Leonard Nimoy...and we also get to see Shockwave, the despot who ruled Cybertron after Megatron's departure.
Seems like the humans, at one point, want to send the Transformers back into space - unless Optimus chose that on his own, exasperated by human stupidity and selfishness (which could be a final, stone-set way to close the trilogy)...but please refresh my memory, wasn't there an episode of the TV series wherein humans kind of grew hostile towards the Autobots and wanted to send them back into space in a shuttle, possibly towards the Sun? I seem to foster vague memories of something among those lines...
-- Light travels faster than sound: this is the scientific explanation as to why people appear brilliant...that is, until you hear what they have to say.
Thundermuffin

Renegade334 wrote:Severe apologies for the thread necromancy, I just wanted to post an update...

Theatrical trailer.

From the looks of it, the shuttle that crash landed on the Moon wasn't the only thing back there
Spoiler
not to mention the faction that it contained Sentinel Prime, who has been confirmed to be voiced by a relative of Michael Bay, the ever-famous Leonard Nimoy...and we also get to see Shockwave, the despot who ruled Cybertron after Megatron's departure.
Seems like the humans, at one point, want to send the Transformers back into space (which could be a final way to close the trilogy)...but please refresh my memory, wasn't there an episode of the TV series were humans kind of grew hostile towards the Autobots and wanted to send them back into space, possibly towards the Sun? I seem to have vague memories of something among those lines...
Megatron's Master Plan

Hopefully, this won't be as idiotic.

(I realize I ask much from Bay...) :)
Renegade334

AH!

I knew I hadn't ingested any illicit substance (to my knowledge, I swear) - it wasn't a figment of my imagination. I even recognize some of the screenshots. Thanks for the answer.

But as I wrote in my previous post (you answered while I was editing away), it is also possible Optimus has decided to part ways with Humanity because he can no longer work with people who do not honor their oaths and keep secrets so important it could spell either safety or extinction.
-- Light travels faster than sound: this is the scientific explanation as to why people appear brilliant...that is, until you hear what they have to say.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I don't know whether the trailer I saw before Stranger Tides yesterday was new or not but I did notice a couple of things.

Now, I do think this movie is actually going to be better than Revenge but why do I get this feeling that the movie is once again going to feature the US trying to kill Decepticons more so than Autobots and Decepticons? In fact, the trailer makes it seem more like a typical Hollywood alien invasion movie, thinly disguised as Trasnformers.

I noticed the new girl was only in the trailer for one scene. This could just be the way it was constructed or it could be the fact that her acting was so atrocious that they don't want us exposed to her until we have to be. I still have no idea what she's going to be doing in the movie.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Renegade334

3D theatrical trailer:
Spoiler
And, yeah, it's 80-85% identical to the previous theatrical trailer, but there are a few new scenes interspersed in between.

P.S.
Spoiler
I thought Devastator was supposed to be the largest Decepticon ever created? Or is this worm thing less voluminous than it looks...or actually NOT a Decepticon and more like a vehicle...since Shockwave seems to emerge from the remains of that thing.
Thundermuffin

According to the tie-in comics, it's supposed to be Shockwave's "pet".