It's all in your head

Topics not covered in other forums. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION.
Antares

Mr. Hanekoma said:
Needless to say, my house is promptly surrounded by zombies. What follows is a compressed version of Night of the Living Dead. Usually, it ended with the zombies getting through and graphically dismembering and devouring my friends. I eventually get cornered, and it is then that I see that the zombies are actually all my friends and family, led by my girlfriend (we've since broken up). I then get eaten alive by a mob of zombies.
This bit was somewhat amusing from a third party perspective, if you don't mind me saying. ;) But you also mentioned that the dream ended differently once, and then it never came again. Back in the days of my youth (in the long-long-ago), I had this recurring nightmare of a black shadow with glowing red eyes that was chasing me or looming in the background. Simple but really mortifying, because sometimes waking up from a nightmare with "him" in it didn't mean you were safe; you fell asleep, he was waiting for you. But then one time during a chase I stopped, turned around, pulled out a sword I didn't know I had, and cut the sucker to pieces. Never saw him since. Maybe it coincided with something else in my life at that time (like possibly Hanekoma's did too?), but I can't recall.
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Draco Starcloud

The last dream I had placed me as the lead of a Final Fantasy-esque story where my fictional homeland has been invaded by an empire. The world was actually quite pleasant-looking, but the atmosphere felt emotionally drained. I was, for whatever reason, carrying a sword and my lady friend was packing a pair of wicked-looking pistols like I saw in an episode of Firefly. We were travelling to a city where the local warlord's office was. The office looked really normal, but when I walked inside, it was like being in a really creepy, generic dungeon and the halls were filled with boss monsters that wouldn't attack unless I got close.

The whole thing was like an opening AMV or something since every scene was very short and it had a sappy campfire scene where the emotional oppression was lifted because we were together.

And there was some fighting and running around and other fun stuff. There was no sound though.

It was good enough though that I went right back to bed so I could dream it some more.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
The Big Zabowski

My dreams tend to be blurbs more than anything fluidic.

My most recent one spurred from watching Wreckreation Nation, where the host was getting involved with some kind of bee keeper act. Started out with him approaching a large keeper hive that was actually mounted in the floor of a large barn. He opened up a floor board and grabbed a bunch of bee larve which were larger than usual. Next thing I knew, I saw a large bee the size of a chihuahua land on him and then sting him through the skull with an 8 inch stinger..

Then I woke up..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

alright. Iguess I should go ahead and add in my own.

First, durring my 8th-10th grade years I had this dream about a guy in this living black armor that looked similar to the spawn armor armor from the live action moive, he had glowing whate eye and his entire form was seriesly scared from many battles. any way the dreams involving him was like fragmented parts of a fantasy story, and he was he strange able to take on a anry himself antihero trying to find who he was. for instance the first time he featured in a dream it was obviously right after some huge battle and he who I could tell was a berserk was sitting calmly on a rock overlooking aseveral hundred foot fall and a meatiful view of the ocean.
Eventually I used this series of dreams to start writing a long chronicled story.

then more recently I've had a series of deams where I'm a semi-famous comic artist who does a mecha based serial action adventure comics. the world at large is the scifi one that I've been developing for my game (so the comic is more like it's palce in "current times" then some time in the far future compared to the dream's setting) for some reason a female fan of my mecha design employes me to deisgn the mecha for her and her squad of mercenaries. so that I can stay abreast to developments of the crew and requirments of the design she basicly puts me abord the team's medium sized carrier/crusier. this sieres of deams is mainly about me learning how to pilot a mecha, interacting with crew members and the adventures they have.

what's really neat is every one of the deams starts with me drawing out pannels of my comic in the room they gave me, which the change into the begining of the "episode" and my view getting sucked into the comic, where upon it actually starts. these dreams have among other things helped me discribe how certian things in the game world works, often times because I'm asked about it in the episode, or I explain it, or it's shown. for instance I'm working on a drawing of a mecha being repaired, durring which much of the armor has been remvoed to be replaced, giving a good view of the mecha's internals.

one runningthing I've noticed in my dreams is that any writing is backwards, as if viewed thorugh a mirror, vet still perfectly readable to me and anyone else in the dream (I can't btw read backwardstext in reality). other things is if I ever need to go some place, there's always half a tank of gas, no mater how far I drive, and I'm always profcient with atleast three skills I don't actually have. like in one dream I might be a wizard with guns, able to hack thorugh anything, and surprsingly light on my feet, but I can't repair the car that broke down even thoguh it's got a bunch of tools in the back. other times like in the SciFi setting, I'm fully capable of building mecha form it's componet parts, I have a vast arrayof knowledge about the systems being used in mechancial devices, and I'm proficent with of all things a sword.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I didn't mean to let this topic fall to the wayside. Sorry, guys. I'm glad to see we had a lot of people sharing here. It was really interesting to say the least. Before I go on, I have two things I recommend everyone watch. First is a Satoshi Kon movie called "Paprika". It's a fantastic movie that centers around a dream device called a DC Mini being stolen by a "dream terrorist". It was freaking awesome. And also, I recommend what I think was the fourth episode of Mushishi titled "The Pillow Pathway". The episode is about a man who seems to dream about the near future. It's just an amazing episode, and I think I nearly cried over it. Tragic doesn't begin to describe it. Mushishi tends to be really trippy overall, but this one really yanks your chain.

Areku, your dreams sound really exhausting to deal with. I was weary just reading about them! >,< How does your subconscious manage to outsmart you? You're really weird, man! =p

Wedge, that was a really nice resource you found, thanks. I have those tooth dreams too. Mostly, it's just them being loose, but one time I dreamt about them crumbling into really sharp and bloody fragments. Not fun. I'm more convinced that this is a stress related dream rather than a future telling dream. I seriously don't buy that people can dream of the future. And yeah, I'll excuse Mushishi for that one. =p

ORegan, I have falling dreams, but usually only short distances like I am tripping or something. It also only happens when I sleep in class, and I twitch in real life to try to catch myself, or I make some kind of sleepy groan. Kinda embarrassing, haha.

SNT1, your dreams sound awesome. Dual knives! Where do I sign up for dreams like that?? :lol:

Antares is apparently aspiring to be a criminal mastermind in his dreams.

quasadra, I'd say dreaming of the ladies is pretty normal, so you don't have to be nervous about that. I can't say anything about dreaming only about 2D women, though. =)

G.squirrel, your dream was hilarious. Rice and pepper flakes?? And did you ever tell your roommate about your dream? That would be very funny, but maybe only because I like to embarrass people.

I have recurring dreams in certain places, and most of them are in the old house I lived in before I left for school.

Shori... :lol: :x Spent the whole time struggling with a gatorade bottle?? That was so random it was awesome.

Mr. Hanekoma, I've had "house defense" dreams before. But it's never monsters or zombies because I don't really think that way. It's....well, it's hard for me to describe. They're more like shadows or tainted souls. And there were A LOT of them. The dream was where I knew they would be coming at a certain hour, this taking place in the same house I mentioned before. I was trying to warn everybody else about what would happen, but I don't think that went anywhere, and I was in for it all alone. All I could do was grab my (home-made) bokken and wait for them to come. When they were there, there were so many packed into a room that we were practically standing shoulder to shoulder! I don't know how I managed to fight them like that. Thinking back on this, it was a really frightening situation, but I was too distracted by my fighting to be too afraid during the dream.

Strike_rouge, yeah, you made it sound kinda obvious about your friend. But then again, we're not here to analyze anybody. I really don't understand Freud though. It sounded like a load of perverted BS when I was forced to study the subject. Idiotic.

Strike105, I dream a lot about Armored Core, haha. I think the most recent one was where I used my AC from Last Raven during a sortie from For Answer. I still beat the mission in record time, surprisingly enough, even without a quickboost! It was pretty fun. My AC had really good vertical flight power, and I had infinite boost like in FA. It was like the perfect combination or something! =D

Hm...I've rarely had a recurring dream that ended differently, but I have a feeling that it's happened before. I'll try to remember.

Draco, it's hard for me to continue dreams after I wake up. They usually can't continue or recur until a few days or weeks later.

Zabowski, holy shit! >,< That's a huge bee, and one of the most violent things I've ever heard. Right through the head?? Crap....

Crash, those are pretty cool dreams, and I think I may have seen some of your artwork from them already. Pretty nice. =p My dreams aren't usually anything to pore over, and the ones that are, are a bit too personal to bring up here.

I suppose I should recount another dream for you guys, and a mecha related one:

It was in Antarctica, and I guess I was watching an episode of Gundam or something. I think the Freedom and Justice were fighting there, maybe with some other MS, but I don't remember that detail. They were all flipping around, and spamming attacks, but NO ONE EVER LANDED A HIT. It went on like this forever! Needless to say, it was very frustrating, and I was praying for something significant to happen.

Suddenly, Heero and the Wing Zero show up and he engages all of them by himself. He seems to be doing pretty well, despite all the spazzy manuevers and spamming from everyone else. That goes on for a while. And then, he splits the twin buster rifle and fires both guns at the Freedom. The beams race past either side of the Freedom's body and blow off both of its arms at once, below the shoulders. PWND!! I didn't know I could dream something so awesome!

I think this came out of my frustration over SEED, and the apparent justice that Wing delivers in my mind, haha. I have other frustration/SEED dreams, but I'll leave them for later.

=o
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Xanadu

I've actually been having a dream on and off for a while now where for some reason i'm being targeted by some group(something involving me being genetically altered by them and they want me back or something, it varies from time to time) and they know I know so they try to get me to join them, when I don't they do something mortally injuring my sister who later dies at the hospital. After that I start going on a vengance run and vow to kill anyone involved with their company. I end up violently killing(it'd probably be to graphic to explain the kinds of things I mean here) the family's of 2-3 of their people and eventually them while yelling "you killed my sister" before I wake up or something.
Also if you think that's violent/****ed up you should read some of the stories me and my friends sometimes write.
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Antares

Seraphic said:
Antares is apparently aspiring to be a criminal mastermind in his dreams.
You assume I am not writing this from my secret lair built inside a volcano, then? Oh you will rue the day you underestimated me. Now, start your rue-ing! Mwahahahahahaaaa! :D

I had several lively dreams on the weekend, but I can only remember two. One is the usual one I get when I am stressed out about work, and that is suddenly "remembering" sending an email I shouldn't have sent somewhere (i.e. everywhere), and then having to try to minimize the damage. I've been sitting on the edge of my bed, trying to decide if I should go to the office, staring blearily at my alarm clock that says 4 AM for a minute before realizing that I had dreamed it. The other was so bizarre that I plead the fifth and keep it to myself. :D
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
quasadra

Seraphic wrote:I can't say anything about dreaming only about 2D women, though. =)
and that is exactly the problem... but it is not like i didnt like it. :P
thanatos

My dream last night:
Stuck in traffic, listening to talk radio, on a hot summer day, with my dad in the passenger seat.

There's gotta be something wrong with my head if I'm having such boring dreams.
ZeroBusterXX

I had a dream where I went to an anime convention (which is weird because I don't go to any of those) and the whole time people kept stopping me and telling me what an awesome costume I was wearing. The only problem was I wasn't wearing a costume, I was just wearing a red Adidas jacket, a T-Shirt and blue jeans.

I also had a dream where Seiji Mizushima said that Gundam 00 was so popular and different from other Gundam series that they weren't gonna call it Gundam anymore, they were going to call it something else. I can't remember what but it was silly.
Xanadu

thanatos wrote:My dream last night:
Stuck in traffic, listening to talk radio, on a hot summer day, with my dad in the passenger seat.

There's gotta be something wrong with my head if I'm having such boring dreams.
meh, not necessarily.I have dreams about sleeping, then again it's pretty much been decided i'm not exactly right in the head but still you get the point...maybe.
"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it" - John Adams
Seraphic

You know what's the worst dream to have?

The dream where you get up and go through your morning routine, only to wake up eventually to realize that you haven't done squat. Then you have to get up for real and do it all over again.

I fucking hate that dream. -_____-;
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

ShadowCell

I love those dreams.

Because that way, clearly what happened was I got up, went through my morning routine, went to school, did all the stuff I had to do today, and I simply don't remember it. But here I am back in bed, and it's dark, and I'm sleepy, so clearly my day is done and I can go back to sleep! Yay!
ydawg314

lmao I always have those dreams. I will have gone to school, done all my home work, taken a test, met all sorts of people, been given assignmenst and then I will wake up and start stressing out. The funny thing is that most of these dreams occur if I fall alseep when I come home from school. So I will wake up so confused and think it is the morning when its the afternoon.
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

Didn't I see stuff like the OP while watching "Pearl Harbor" last night?
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
Seraphic

G-Slayer wrote:Didn't I see stuff like the OP while watching "Pearl Harbor" last night?
I don't know. I've stricken Pearl Harbor from my memory. o_o While not the same political situation, you might be better off watching Band of Brothers, followed by a Jet Li movie, to get a more accurate idea of what the dream was like. :lol: They'd both be infinitely better, anyway. =p

You know, on the subject of sleep paralysis, I think I actually enjoy it. It usually happens only when I'm trying to take a nap, and either my phone rings or someone is at the door. My mind is like "Hnnnnnnngggghh!!"

But my arm is like "......"
"C'mon, arm! Pick up the phone!!" >,<;
Arm: "......."

It's actually kind of fun trying to work your way through the paralysis, undoing it little by little. I guess it makes me kinda weird, but I guess I enjoy rare and interesting experiences like that. I only wish it worked a little better when I fall asleep in class so I don't jump or groan in my sleep from being startled.
-Antares

crashlegacy14
Location: In the Zaku's cockpit. Yes, the one that just exploded.

So while doped up on meds for some crazy tooth pains last night....I hada deam that I was in colleage hanging out with friends in the union when all a suddenly a mecha crashes into the freaking place. through the hole the mecha made I could see a big ass battle being faught right there on campus. so I did the only thing a mecha nut would do in that stuation...gundam-jack the mecha and join in. the battle as all insane and blasiticly fast. it would have made ZoE proud with the speed of combat.
Crash's Mecha Design Works
Crash's Mecha Based RPG
-----------------//-----------
ShadowCell wrote: Perspective. It's great.
CrashLegacy14 wrote: my immortal enemy: Perspective.
The Big Zabowski

Seraphic wrote:Zabowski, holy ZOINKS! >,< That's a huge bee, and one of the most violent things I've ever heard. Right through the head?? Crap....
Yeah, I'm just that awesome/insane/crazy. Though there is this one dream from my child hood that I clearly remember involving a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory landscape (1970s version) and giant lobsters and crabs..

Giant Lobsters and Crabs..

And lots of candy and chocolate..

No, I was not drugged as a kid. My dreams were that f**king awesome.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Seraphic

The Big Zabowski wrote:No, I was not drugged as a kid. My dreams were that f**king awesome.
I don't think anyone here has related any drug-induced dreams. Well, except for Crash since he was doped up on pain killers because they were pulling teeth out of his head or something.

A while ago, I had a bit of a strange dream. I was alone and just wandering through a suburban neighborhood. Everything looked dull in color and stagnant like there was no life. I didn't see anyone else around. All I saw were these black birds in the air and on the power lines. The ones in the air just seemed to be hanging there motionless. It was creepy. I felt a need to try to knock them down. I forgot what I was using, but I could never nail one.

As I kept moving, I found myself in a decrepid alley between some buildings. At the end of it was a heavy door with rust and the paint peeling off. I had a terrible feeling as I approached, but I opened the door and entered. It was utter darkness, and there was no floor. Suddenly, I was no longer at the entrance but found myself in the depths of this bottomless pit. I realized I had gone to Hell.

It was like empty space with a soft red glow coming from underneath. There was no floor, but only these strange platforms and walkways floating in the middle of the air. I often had to jump as far as I could to get from one to the other. I was anxious and careful the whole time. As I kept moving, I felt that I had come to the middle. And there I met the Beast. He was massive, not only in height but in bulk. Maybe 10 or 11 feet tall. His scales were green and yellow.

My reaction was more like shock than fear. Though we met, I simply turned and did my best to get away as far as I could. I had to jump over fire and move my way around strange obstacles. I wasn't being chased. Eventually I found myself at the door again and closed it behind me. Leaving there, I met my two little sisters. They told me they forgot something in there, and wanted to go in to get it. I was really aggravated (just like whenever they ask me to do something so troubling, haha). I wanted to get it for them alone because I didn't want them to go in, but they insisted on following. This time I picked up a big stick before I opened the door.

That's where the dream ended. I never thought I would go to Hell and find my way back out. And then go back in at my own choosing! :roll: Now that I think about it, Hell was a lot like the pre-Bowser stages from Super Mario 64. That game really psyched me out when I was really young, since it was so hard for me. I've never gotten the chance to beat it. So I guess that's how it became Hell in my mind. Maybe I should go back one day and finish that one.
-Antares

ydawg314

lmao this seems like a great idea for a movie.... or at least a game :D