GAT-04 Windam Beam Rifle and X23S Chaos Beam Rifle

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
minovskycore_0180er
Location: Orb Union - Prototype Astray Spammer Unit Test Pilot

GAT-04 Windam Beam Rifle and X23S Chaos Beam Rifle

I know that I'm putting a lot a of threads based on design revision and adaptations like my Doppelhorn thread but this one may be more un-controversial.

When I look at GAT-04 Windam's M9409L beam rifle I see a amazing simliarity to the ZGMF-X23S Chaos Gundam's (RGX-01) MA-BAR721 beam rifle. We all know that the Chaos was stolen prior to the Break the World Incident and the EA's nuclear attack. But I wonder, did the successful theft attempt of the three ZAFT MS from Armory One and the data that was extracted from the three machines by Col. Roanoke cause a major and sudden design change in the Windam's weapon systems before it's debut in the unsuccessful nuclear strike attempt against the PLANT's. Mainly because of the X23S's MA-BAR721 itself that is?
"... there comes a time in every persons life, when they must roll the dice and accept the outcome...."

" Gundam F91, launching!"- Seabook Arno
OutLawSuit

There's no way they could mass produce enough Windam beam rifles before the Break the World incident if the design was taken from Chaos. Chaos was stolen just a couple weeks before PLANT was attacked. There likely wasn't even enough time to fully analyze Chaos in that period. Both events happened in the month of October.
Chris
Administrator

There's really nothing to discuss here, minovsky. You make it sound like there's an "amazing similarity" between the rifles, but there is no such thing. The only thing they seem to have in common is being long. Anyway, the Windam's rifle looks more like the design of the Strike's rifle and other EA rifles. Seriously, when it comes to some of these technical things, you really tend to overthink things and look for things that aren't there.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his