Help with some Astray series mecha!

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
TenshinoAdauchi

Help with some Astray series mecha!

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew of the weapon specs for...

MWF-JG73 Civilian Astray JG Custom, Acidalium, MBF-PO4 Gundam Astray Green Frame. MBF-PO3 Blue Frame Third, and the GSF-YAM02 Guardshell.

Even if it is not concrete I'd love speculation.
"Not even the king of hell can stand against my blade!"
Duraham

Re: Help with some Astray series mecha!

TenshinoAdauchi wrote:Hey I was wondering if anyone knew of the weapon specs for...

MWF-JG73 Civilian Astray JG Custom, Acidalium, MBF-PO4 Gundam Astray Green Frame. MBF-PO3 Blue Frame Third, and the GSF-YAM02 Guardshell.

Even if it is not concrete I'd love speculation.
what kind of specs do you need? I have just gotten the HGGSFA 1/144 kit of the Astray Green Frame, so I can directly provide details from the manual

either way, its weapons are the astray beam rifle, 2 beam sabers and that new weapon that is a cross between a beam rifle and GM striker's polearm
Kuruni

Re: Help with some Astray series mecha!

Duraham wrote:and that new weapon that is a cross between a beam rifle and GM striker's polearm
Japanese Wikipedia call it "twin sword rifle".
My girlfriend was a loli.
TenshinoAdauchi

Looking at pictures of the Twin Sword Rifle it looks like it can be turned around and used as an axe? But that's beside the point...Okay well Green Frame is down. All I really want aren't detailed specs on the suits operations...Just speculations on the weapons it has or the actual weapons it has.
Dark Duel

Well, beyond the TSR it's identical to the Red Frame or the unupgraded Blue/Gold Frames. Same beam sabers, same rifle, same 75mm CIWS in the head.

All I know about the Acidalium is that it's armed with a single large cannon(positron cannon?), 6 3-tube missile launchers, and 12 CIWS guns, and has a single catapult mounted along the top. Also, it can equip a Jupitris-esque interplanetary travel unit. Oh, and it's capable of submerging.

As to the Guardshell, I know nothing about it except the following:
The "tentacle" of the Tripod Mode is a beam cannon
In MS mode, the top of the "Tripod" is a shields that acts as a thrown weapon in much the same way that Sehenlong's did, except I think it's wired. Wiki says the shield is beam edged and that Guardshell has a beam shield - having not read Delta Astray recently, I can't confirm that.
That's it.

And I know zilch about the Civilian Astray JG Custom except that it's the base frame of the DSSD Astray with a modified head and the same backpack as the Prototype Astrays.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DeltasTaii

The JG Custom basically just busts out the proto-Astray armament, 2 beam sabers, Type 71 beam rifle, the standard Astray and GAT-X series shield. Same as the M1 or Raysta other than using the MBF-P0x beam sabers, being Red Frame derived that way.
TenshinoAdauchi

Well, awesome...Alright, how about the upgraded Blue Frame?
Nightwing03

The Blue Frame Third, which i'm assuming is the "upgraded" version barely has any tech info on it yet, even MAHQ has no info on it.
♣♦♠♥
TenshinoAdauchi

Like I posted earlier, could just be speculation?
Nightwing03

Alright then, well...It does have beam blades x2 mounted on the forearms and judging by the back view, it looks like it has 2 beam swords or rifles, could be both but i can't tell properly.
♣♦♠♥
Kuruni

As far as I known (from Frame Astray thread and bit from Japanese Wikipedia), Blue Frame Third isn't "upgrade". It's more of special modification to use in dense jungle, it not feature any beam weapon to avoid forest fire. And Gai remodified it back to Blue Frame Second afterward (as FAP count as Blue Frame Forth).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Maelstromm

If it counts for something, I think the 'stock' for the two beam rifles(?) are actually Armor Schneider combat knives...something that every incarnation of the Blue Frame possesses...also, I don't think that anyone has mentioned this yet, but the two obvious blades at the back of the Blue Frame Third's legs can flip down like switchblades to aid in combat.
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
Recon 5

This is a shot of the Gunpla, if I'm not mistaken (EDIT: Just discovered that its a modified 2nd L kit, but it should be accurate nonetheless). Unless they changed the armaments it should show the loadout clearly. Those hip mounted things appear to hold solid blades which are considerably longer than AS knives (you can see the tips sticking out at the end). I do question the extra gun grips on those things, though, as they don't appear to have gun functionality. Then again, they could function as beam rifles if the blades inside are drawn... technical improbabilities notwithstanding. Ah, well, this is SEED after all...

Looks set to give Exia a run for its money, though. if you look carefully there seem to be more swords or knives in those orange leg things.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
wzy

Maelstromm wrote:If it counts for something, I think the 'stock' for the two beam rifles(?) are actually Armor Schneider combat knives...something that every incarnation of the Blue Frame possesses...also, I don't think that anyone has mentioned this yet, but the two obvious blades at the back of the Blue Frame Third's legs can flip down like switchblades to aid in combat.
Every incarnation of the Blue Frame...except the original (which only comes with a beam rifle, beam sabers, and a shield; everything else was added by Gai).

Judging from the picture, a "jungle warfare" variant seems pretty likely. Of course, it's hard to tell if the thing carries any beam weapons because the handles could just be stored in an opening compartment like the leg or knees.
Volnixshin

I got to wonder, and opening a new thread would seem pointless, I've wondered a WHILE now, how the hell does the BF use the foot spikes as "anchors" I mean they just point foward. To like, asteroids or something? Can't really anchor yourself to the ground with them unless you're kneeling and even THEN.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
auriga

They can be used for climbing. That would free thruster (and thruster fuel) use when on earth.