Bright Eyes, burning like an unfortunate GM Quel..(AOZ)

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Genese Gundam

Bright Eyes, burning like an unfortunate GM Quel..(AOZ)

(The title is a spoof of a song featured in the film below)

The reason for this topic begins yesterday, a sunday, when me and my sister discovered the old (surprisingly violent and insightful) animated film Watership Down that we haven't seen since we were little... It was a good watch, remembering the rabbits, Hazel, Hyzanthley, Bigwig, Fiver and so on...

Move forward 24 hours, and i realised that some of those names sounded oddly familiar, trying to remember where i had heard Hyzanthley recently, and then i realised- The AOZ MS had a few of the names remembering only the 2 Hs, Haazel and Hyzanthley. I went onto Mahq and confirmed that, most of the TR series had the same names as the rabbits! (and their warren titles-Rah and Owsla, not to mention the TTT bunny logo)

Can anyone explain the reason for this? Is it like the battleship related names in EVA or is there another reason?
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'
mcred23

Well, there is something of an in-universe connection, just look at the Titans Test Team Emblem (Not to mention some usedby members of said team). Oddly enough, the idea that the names are references to the book (As that is what the movie is based on) probably explains things both in and out of universe...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Recon 5

Out- of- universe, the mecha designers could have been as fond of the book/ movie as you are (I've seen it too, but I've forgotten most if not all of what happened). It could also be like an 'Easter Egg' for Gundam fans who have read the book or watched the movie. In- universe that could easily be the explanation too. I mean, UC takes place in an alternate Earth future, so certain classics would have been written and loved there, just like they were in real life. Nothing strange about that.

I don't recall any of the bunnies having differently colored tips to their ears, though. Care to enlighten me?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
auriga

In-universe, Wes Murphy adores rabbits. No, really, he does.

But whether or not Watership Down is mentioned in the series itself, I have no idea.
Paragon

auriga wrote:In-universe, Wes Murphy adores rabbits. No, really, he does.

But whether or not Watership Down is mentioned in the series itself, I have no idea.
Audrey April either hate or don't like rabbits.
Albireo_818

Erm.. isn't that a bit irrelevant to resurrect a month dead forum for?
Call me Albireo or Al, without the _818
"A Clever person solves the problem. The wise person avoids it!"-Albert Einstein