cross-generational OS/pilot questions

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kuruni

Albireo_818 wrote:Sou, kind of Like Mercurius and Vayeate from GW?
Pretty much...except ALICE should be support system than full function MD.

Semi-off topic. One funny thing occur when you reduce MD Mercurius's HP below 50% in G Generation Advance, it self-detonate. Exactly what Heero should do in that situation :wink: .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Gadget

Blue Destiny unit 1's EXAM system sounds a bit like Evengelion unit to me. A system with a soul.

It seems that EXAM and ZERO system will turn the pilots into nut case, and the ALICE system will kick the pilot out. But will they turn an over weight arm chair geek into an ace pilot?

Off topic question. What happens if uber powerful newtypes like Kamille, Armuro or Char uses a full psycoframe unit like the Unicorn? Would the Destroy mode last more than 5 minutes?
Recon 5

Gadget wrote:the ALICE system will kick the pilot out.
You're missing the point. The ALICE system is programmed to protect the pilot and the suit using any means necessary. How does kicking the pilot out achieve that?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
toysdream

Taking over for the pilot seems to be the entire point of the ALICE system. The ultimate goal of the project is to produce a self-sufficient AI (artificial intelligence) that can be used in unmanned mobile suits. The fact that it keeps jumping in and taking over from its test pilot seems a little hard to reconcile with the plot point that the test pilot isn't supposed to know the system exists, but whatever.

The EXAM system, on the other hand, is meant to supplement the human pilot rather than replace them. Like any learning computer-based system, it's capable of automated operation, but that's not the main goal. It also forms a mental connection to its pilot, which seems impossible given One Year War technology. But hey, welcome to side story land.

-- Mark
deadguydrew

It has been a little bit since I read the Blue Destiny manga, and I have no experience with the video games. The manga are deemed to be unofficial as it doesn't have the Sunrise brand of approval, but according to a post about canon I read elsewhere on here it apparently has at least partial approval for coming as close to official as an unofficial work can be from Sunrise. That said there are several things the EXAM does.

The first big thing is the misconception that it is particularly deadly to Newtypes. It wasn't so much as a weapon designed to kill Newtypes as it was a system that was designed to allow an Oldtype/Natural pilot a mobile suit at the same caliber or greater than a newtype, to compensate for the disparity in ability between the two types of human.

What the Manga documents the Blue Destiny as doing are the following--

1. Taking control of the Mobile Suit, in similar fashion as berserking Evangelions.

2. Converse with the pilot, Marion does this repeatedly throughout the series with both Yu and Nimbus.

2a. Induce hallucinations in the pilot. This is done more towards the beginning when neither pilot seem particularly used to Marion or the EXAM system yet.

3. Sense other EXAM units.

4. Read the pilot's minds. Marion specifically does this when she reads off a list of mental flaws Nimbus boasts.

Listings 4, as well as 2a, and 3 leads me to believe that the EXAM system successfully managed to preserve some, if not all of a Newtype's abilities and integrate it into a mobile suit cockpit system. This last part however is a supposition on my part, but I feel it is a reasonable one.
Recon 5

deadguydrew wrote: 1. Taking control of the Mobile Suit, in similar fashion as berserking Evangelions.
This is, in effect, giving the suit a built- in pilot. When said pilot is liable to attack friendlies, that isn't really a helpful development. Did the designers anticipate her berserker spells?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
deadguydrew

I'm not sure, but I doubt it.
supperrfreek

the mobile doll system is a group of robotic pilots who can have one central control unit hooked up to the brain of an individual. basically they're ms controlled by computers which can communicate with each other to accomplish goals as a unit.
bluemax151

toysdream wrote:It also forms a mental connection to its pilot, which seems impossible given One Year War technology. But hey, welcome to side story land.

-- Mark
Well it wasn't Chlust Morses intention to put Marion's soul in the system it was just an accidental side effect that turned out to be a boon to his project. Of course there is also the fact Marion was a Newtype and who is to say the system itself allowed the communication and not her Newtype abilities?
こいつ が ガンダム か
RIP John Neil Seward Jr/Jack Seward 10/11/1924-11/10/2010
Gadget

supperrfreek wrote:the mobile doll system is a group of robotic pilots who can have one central control unit hooked up to the brain of an individual. basically they're ms controlled by computers which can communicate with each other to accomplish goals as a unit.
I'm not sure if AC's MD system funtion like that. They seems rather autonomus. It was when the whole system is hook up to the ZERO system and co-ordinated by a person, that they funtion as a single unit. And the ZERO can co-dinates between non MD units as well. Sandrock did work as the ZERO co-ordinater for the other Gundams.

I still find the EXAM system creepy. It's one thing to have a computer that will take over the safety of the pilot, but with a 'ghost' in the system...... Burrrrrrr. :shock: Kinda reminds me of Stephen King's novel Christine, that hunted car.
Lans

When they start giving you an option of a modified GM with EXAM or a standard GM, what would you choose?

For me, I'll go by the standard "protocol". According to this, it's time to consider quitting the service and going to some distant farm-world to grow potatoes.
Kuruni

Gadget wrote:I still find the EXAM system creepy. It's one thing to have a computer that will take over the safety of the pilot, but with a 'ghost' in the system...... Burrrrrrr. :shock: Kinda reminds me of Stephen King's novel Christine, that hunted car.
Just to scare you :wink: . In manga version, EXAM block Blue's head and lets bullets rip through cockpit when it fight Yu. Then continue fighting after pilot is dead.

It seem to different from game though, since G Generation's dialogue suggest that Marion simply posses pilot. Still creepy, but I found manga's version is more shocking.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Kuro No Sakura

Kuruni wrote:
Gadget wrote:I still find the EXAM system creepy. It's one thing to have a computer that will take over the safety of the pilot, but with a 'ghost' in the system...... Burrrrrrr. :shock: Kinda reminds me of Stephen King's novel Christine, that hunted car.
Just to scare you :wink: . In manga version, EXAM block Blue's head and lets bullets rip through cockpit when it fight Yu. Then continue fighting after pilot is dead.

It seem to different from game though, since G Generation's dialogue suggest that Marion simply posses pilot. Still creepy, but I found manga's version is more shocking.
Marion do that because she doesn't like that pilot
If she like you she will protect you
So Yu can handle EXAM good because Marion like him

The design state that Blue destiny is for Anti-NT unit
and according PSP game gundam battle chronicles NT cannot control EXAM's unit (I know game is not totally offical but have some degree)
It make sense. If a system build for Anti-NT then when a NT go in and pilot, the system should be refuse to opereate