SNRI techical advancement from F91 to F97 Question

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kuro No Sakura

SNRI techical advancement from F91 to F97 Question

Most people already know
F91 in full power create a large amount of heat and shedding outer layer "paint" of the amour which call MEPE (Metal Peel-off Effect)
It is a accidental effect which it isn't even on paper when it was design and build

Here is my question
the MEPE "feature" is so success on the F91
why don't they put it on F97(F97 is crossbone gundam btw)?

even the F91's famous bio-computer were build into the F97
why not this system too?

Or does F97 do have this function?

Side Question for a laugh
If F91 is shedding outer layer of the armor? will the F91 color will fade off if use too much? and does it need repaint every time it come back for maintenance?
Recon 5

Re: SNRI techical advancement from F91 to F97 Question

Kuro No Sakura wrote: even the F91's famous bio-computer were build into the F97
why not this system too?
3 reasons I can think of right away:
1. Better technology allowing for better cooling systems. MEPE is not required anymore.

2. Weapons/ equipment for the F97 were chosen (partly) to avoid the need for MEPE- losing any armor does leave you more vulnerable after all. I can imagine that after about thirty layers (quite easy if you consider how fast Seabook was spamming the system, and that a newb might try to machine- gun with the VBSRs) standard head vulcan fire would tear the F91 apart. (just my opinion, but very unlikely).

3. The designers (in real life and in the series itself) just didn't think of it (most likely).
Kuro No Sakura wrote: Side Question for a laugh
If F91 is shedding outer layer of the armor? will the F91 color will fade off if use too much? and does it need repaint every time it come back for maintenance?
We don't know how much of the F91's color is just paint. If the armor itself comes in various colors, it wouldn't need to be repainted :D. Logically the color should fade over time, but that effect probably just wasn't animated. Seriously, though, the cost of replacing the armor (and the paint) for multiple units is probably one of the reasons why they didn't include it in the Crossbone series.
AmuroNT1

The F97s were intended simply to be high-performance machines capable of fighting within Jupiter's heavy gravity well. Therefore, they placed a greater emphasis on thruster power and speed than anything else. The biocomputer and MEPE effect really wouldn't work on such designs.

At the same time, remember that the Vanguard is way out there a lot of the time and doesn't have access to a lot of resources, which is why they end up having to salvage damaged Bataras to fill their ranks. Therefore, a hard-to-maintain system that causes the Gundams to lose armor would really hurt them.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
DAG101

AmuroNT1 wrote:The F97s were intended simply to be high-performance machines capable of fighting within Jupiter's heavy gravity well. Therefore, they placed a greater emphasis on thruster power and speed than anything else. The biocomputer and MEPE effect really wouldn't work on such designs.
also, the 97s could also have used the heat as extra propulsion. I don't think anything official has been stated on that, but it is a possibility.
Kuro No Sakura

Thank you guys for the answer
Now you guys have mention it
I haven't forget the new crossbone vanguard is out there all the time with little restock of resources so a MEPE's F97 do no good if it need high resources maintenance.

just 1 thing for AmuroNT1 tho
F97 do have bio-computer
Arsarcana

Recall that there are three things on the F91 that produce a lot of heat. It's possible that beam shield technology and/or the biocomputer produce less heat by the time the F97 was developed and the heat-producing VSBRs are gone entirely. It's worth noting that the Crossbone units do have some heat buildup (or else they wouldn't have the opening faceplate system) but probably not nearly as much as the F91 does.
AmuroNT1

Kuro No Sakura wrote:just 1 thing for AmuroNT1 tho
F97 do have bio-computer
Actually, they don't. It's a common misconception caused by the opening face panels, but IIRC Hasegawa gave a completely separate explanation for it in the notes at the end of the collected Crossbone volumes. Someone with a better memory will have to elaborate here, though.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mark064

According to the write up at the end of Crossbone Gundam Volume 1. The Crossbone Gundam's faceplate opens up at certain intervals to release the excess heat. The reason the Crossbone Gundam requires this at all is because due to the emphasis on close range combat the armor has been increased which reduces the ammount of surface area for airducts to release the heat.
valkyriepilot

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Kuro No Sakura wrote:just 1 thing for AmuroNT1 tho
F97 do have bio-computer
Actually, they don't. It's a common misconception caused by the opening face panels, but IIRC Hasegawa gave a completely separate explanation for it in the notes at the end of the collected Crossbone volumes. Someone with a better memory will have to elaborate here, though.
so Chris and the MAHQ crew made an error here then??

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/crossbone/xm-x1.htm
Kuruni

It is, Seabook clearly note how F91's bio-computer as its advantage over CBG in book 5.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Kuro No Sakura

I know i am nitpicking here
but how can the entire MS excess heat can travel all the way up to the face to release!?

and i dont recall F91 opening face have anything to do with bio-computer
since the bio-computer is always at work for the F91 so i dont think it will heat up to a point that need to open up face to release heat
or
maybe like graphic card in your computer crank up the fan when you are trying to load intense 3D games? but I dont see when the bio-computer need to do that
Kuruni wrote:It is, Seabook clearly note how F91's bio-computer as its advantage over CBG in book 5.
I read them all and couldnt remember he said that
I just remember he said the VSBR have the advantage
Chris
Administrator

valkyriepilot wrote:so Chris and the MAHQ crew made an error here then??

Don't involve me in this, I didn't write the profile. :D
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
valkyriepilot

Chris wrote:
valkyriepilot wrote:so Chris and the MAHQ crew made an error here then??

Don't involve me in this, I didn't write the profile. :D
hahaha sorry about that, i guess most people are of the idea that the site admins and mods have a hand in putting up the mecha profiles in the site, but i forgot that we do have contributors too :P
Kuruni

Kuro No Sakura wrote:I read them all and couldnt remember he said that
I just remember he said the VSBR have the advantage
Must be difference between translation (hey, there is no official release outside Japan, AFAIK :D ).
My girlfriend was a loli.
neolordmaxwell

More specifically, 70% or so of the profiles were inhetied from Burke's old website- Way back in the day FAHQ rescued the mecha profiles and changed into MAHQ.

Chris and the others modify and add to the profiles, but they did not create most of the existing mecha profiles. They spend most of their time working on other miscelaneous site updates and creating new profiles as needed.
Mark064

Except the profile at hand is a newly written profile so would be mostly new info.
Wingnut

The text description is new, however the stats do date back quite a bit, and that is where the error lies.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Mark064

Using waybackmachine solves a lot of this through digging and you'll find the original profile which doesn't include it. But doing some digging around on the Japanese Wiki I'm finding out that Steel 7 confirms that it does have a bio computer. Which I'm now assuming is another reason why they decided on the same F91 face opening gimmick.