some Char's Counter Attack questions

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
red wise

some Char's Counter Attack questions

First off, I just wanted to say the MAHQ is great website, best english one I have ever seen any way

1. what weapon does amuro use to blow up chars sheild, right before char say's he is worthy of being his rival, it looks like he opens his cockpit and shoot out a rocket or something, and how could that destroy chars sheild

2. What is with the nu gundams beam rifle it appears to have a small barrel above the main one, is this a sensor or a gernade lancher or what? Also is it automatic or does it just look that way because of how fast he fires it

3. At one point when the Sazabi is getting hit there is some kind of clear air bag that popes out to protect char, is there a name for that tech, and is it used in any other MS's in the UC

(UC wise I have only seen the orginal gundam, the Z movies and CCA)
The reasonable man adjusts himself to the world, the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself; therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Not sure about the other two but the third is a simple airbag that was developed for all MS by the time of CCA. They were invented because pilots kept getting injured by sudden stops and blows and high G forces I believe.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Wingnut

1. The Hyper Bazooka normally stored vertically on the back of Nu Gundam between the main thruster pairs. Amuro let it float in space and triggered it to fire the last round in the magazine from around the corner where Char couldn't see his MS.

2. Well the listings do say there was a one shot grenade launcher on the rifle so it could be that. I'd have to see a screencap of the rifle to be sure though which I don't have. The rifle is also a semi-automatic weapon (one shot for every pull of the trigger) and the rapid fire action is just Amuro pressing the trigger quickly to lay down a covering spray to hit the many funnels that were coming at him at the time.
One can get away with this as there is a far less of a 'cool down' between shots in weapons of that time compared to those of the One Year War era.

3. Arbiter is right on this one. It's no different in practice than an airbag in an auto today.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Genocide

The rifle does have a one-shot grenade attached to it. I can't recall when it was exactly, but Amuro fired it at a Geara Doga. Although the latter managed to dodge it, the pilot rammed into an asteroid thinking it was a dummy and got taken out by a beam.
Wingnut

Genocide wrote:The rifle does have a one-shot grenade attached to it. I can't recall when it was exactly, but Amuro fired it at a Geara Doga. Although the latter managed to dodge it, the pilot rammed into an asteroid thinking it was a dummy and got taken out by a beam.
"This one's a real rock!" *Gets shot by a random Jegan shot*

And that's not quite right as Amuro used one of the missiles in his shield in that instance, not the rifle mounted grenade.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kuro No Sakura

I believe the Nu's beam rifle can set as automatic or single shot mode

by that time in CCA most high end MS like the ReGZ's beam rifle and Sazabi beam short rifle both can shoot like automatic

I remember Nu shoot a high output single shot beam from far to scare few Geara Doga from the passenger shuttle
I think it coming from the beam rifle because in status the beam rifle have higher output then the shield's build-in beam cannon
put i might be wrong
Wingnut

Kuro No Sakura wrote:I think it coming from the beam rifle because in status the beam rifle have higher output then the shield's build-in beam cannon
put i might be wrong
You could be.
Optional fixed armaments: shield, mounted on left forearm, mounts beam cannon (power rated at 7.8 MW) and 4 x small missile
Optional hand armaments: beam rifle, power rated at 3.8 MW, powered by rechargeable energy cap, with attached grenade launcher, 1 round;
As you can see, the shield cannon has more than double the power output rating of the rifle.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
red wise

thanks for the info. I was looking at the profile of the nu gundam again and i noticed the gernade lancher thing after yall told me about it. Had a nother question why is it that the beam rifle is powered by a e-cap instead of an e-pac. Also on the airbag if I remeber right after it deployes it gets sucked back in to console, I assume that means it can be used over and over. Thanks again for the answers.
The reasonable man adjusts himself to the world, the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself; therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Hyakushiki

My guess would be that the Nu Gundam is powerful enough to recharge its beam rifle from its own reactor.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Wingnut

Hyakushiki wrote:My guess would be that the Nu Gundam is powerful enough to recharge its beam rifle from its own reactor.
I disagree. I think it is simply a case of the beam rifle technology becoming more efficient over time. The beam rifle of the original Gundam could put out about 20 shots before needing to be recharged (IIRC). E-Cap/Packs of the Gryps war era weren't too much better in terms of the number of shots per pack. However, by the time of Char's dropping asteroids things have gotten a lot more advanced in terms of the number of shots one can squeeze out per charge to the point that they can get as many shots on one charge that took the usual number of spare E-packs a MS could carry 5-10 years prior.
As shown by Amuro being able to let loose with the beams like he does and not really worry about running out of 'ammo'. This continues on even more when MS are miniaturized in the early UC 100s as we almost never see a MS with a E-Pack beam rifle.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cardi Doorl

I believe it's been stated, however, that the Nu Gundam actually can recharge its beam rifle, as silly as I think that is.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!