Question About Heavyarms

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
jamnewman0056

Well the Marasai has something similar it uses a rapid fire and a ecap. I is possible that the heavy Arms has actually sets of epacs to compensate for the high dependence it has on it's ammo. Take wing Zero it charges up maybe the scientists used that technology as a means to replentish HeavyArms supplies of energy. Having multiple sources of back-up energy would keep some ammo needed for defense. It's kind of like the caseless ammo used in FA-18 Hornet excepts with Heavy Arms it switches epacs because of the energy nature of it's ammo. Provided my therory is sound.
Viti Vide Vichi
wzy

Short answer: H-arms uses some kind of limited ammo, which is held in the stock/casing of the gatling gun. Therefore, it should run out of ammo.

Well, as for the original H-Arms, I'm not entirely sure how it keeps its ammo. For the H-Arms custom, however, I think that there are power packs or bullets stored in the rear casing area. This would give the machine lots of ammo/energy to fire, unlike the original gatling shield, which has a much smaller ammo cache.

As for reloading the conventional weapons (chest gatlings and missiles), Trowa probably makes use of hidden resupply sites, which probably have automated reloading devices so Trowa could do maintenance alone. It would make sense for the colonies to have made preparations on earth for resupply and repair, since their goal was to make war on OZ. So even though the pilots didn't necessarily have a team of supporters like Duo, they still had resources.

Of course, these are just my ideas, and any could prove to be ludicrously wrong
AmuroNT1

There are a couple of moments in the show that indicate the boys purchase supplies through black market-type affairs and handle the maintenance themselves, except for the period where Duo was hanging out with Howard.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Den

the heavyarms custom as i remember uses shell firing gatling guns for the hand held ones... so the ecaps/epacks theory doesnt hold there if i am right about the weapons beings solid rounds.

so another likely explanaton that i could come up with is that trowa being a mechanic for the barton foundation would know who and where the suppliers of some of the things for the gundams, so he can contact those guys and buy from them.

but this answer leads to another question that is slightly off topic, how can they pay the suppliers money? where do they get those money from?
alias_igme

well, they can mug them with their big gundams =p

seriously though, i think it had been shown in the series that these guys are good in hacking. they could simply open an account in a bank and hack away.
Kyranik

Den wrote:the heavyarms custom as i remember uses shell firing gatling guns for the hand held ones... so the ecaps/epacks theory doesnt hold there if i am right about the weapons beings solid rounds.

so another likely explanaton that i could come up with is that trowa being a mechanic for the barton foundation would know who and where the suppliers of some of the things for the gundams, so he can contact those guys and buy from them.

but this answer leads to another question that is slightly off topic, how can they pay the suppliers money? where do they get those money from?
But that wasn't thought of until Katoki did his redesigns for EW.

And even if we retcon it in, the Heavyarms Ver Ka still uses a beam gatling (I think). It's not until it recieves the space upgrade and becomes the Heavyarms Kai that it takes on the form of the Heavyarms Custom and recieves the bullet-based gatlings. And by that point they needn't worry about this matter as much.
jamnewman0056

To pay for the rounds Trowa uses which is a lot he redirects funds from an anonymous false account like Heero did. Another theory would be he steals or redirects ammo from OZ itself and uses standard armaments( the explosives and vulcan ammo) in the Heavyarms. Also check mahq 's section on the Heavyarms it does say in the optional armaments that the gattling shield is a e-cap design and not a ammo based gun.
Viti Vide Vichi
Arbiter GUNDAM

Given the G-boys regular propensity to infiltrate and explode OZ bases, stealing ammo probably would be a cakewalk! :lol:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Terrace

Where did the idea start that shell-firing weapons were more powerful than beam weapon equivalents? I only ask this because I wonder why mahq initially said that Heavyarms's beam gatling gun was replaced by dual shell-firing gatlings. You'd think it would just be twin beam gatlings, like Heavyarms Kai's profile now states. IIRC in the UC timeline, beam weaponry is so powerful that armor is useless against it, while bullets can be deflected if the armor is thick enough... :?
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Vate

Terrace wrote:Where did the idea start that shell-firing weapons were more powerful than beam weapon equivalents? I only ask this because I wonder why mahq initially said that Heavyarms's beam gatling gun was replaced by dual shell-firing gatlings. You'd think it would just be twin beam gatlings, like Heavyarms Kai's profile now states. IIRC in the UC timeline, beam weaponry is so powerful that armor is useless against it, while bullets can be deflected if the armor is thick enough... :?
That's one of the many reasons GundamW stands out from the rest, through the introduction of different weapons other than the "ubiquitous beam saber and rifle".

For all we know, enemy mobile suits are prolly more geared towards anti-beam defense other than normal rounds by this time, or maybe beam technology hasn't been made "portable" yet, as in Wing's buster rifle. Ah whatever, why does everything have to be compared to UC?
Kuruni

Vate wrote:That's one of the many reasons GundamW stands out from the rest, through the introduction of different weapons other than the "ubiquitous beam saber and rifle".
Almost make sense, as long as you ignore that W boardcast after G :P .
My girlfriend was a loli.
Gelmax

Terrace wrote:Where did the idea start that shell-firing weapons were more powerful than beam weapon equivalents? I only ask this because I wonder why mahq initially said that Heavyarms's beam gatling gun was replaced by dual shell-firing gatlings. You'd think it would just be twin beam gatlings, like Heavyarms Kai's profile now states. IIRC in the UC timeline, beam weaponry is so powerful that armor is useless against it, while bullets can be deflected if the armor is thick enough... :?
IIRC, the Heavyarms Kai upgrade took place a little while after the introduction of Virgos, mass-produced units equipped with barriers capable of blocking most beam rifles (and, presumably, beam gatlings). Beam weapons may have been STRONGER than conventional weapons, but they were also extremely widely used, and at that point in the series they were much less EFFECTIVE, and as the Virgos were the most significant opponent, the Heavyarms Kai was probably designed with them in mind.

As for the whole resupply thing, each colony that sent a Gundam made some kind of arrangements so that their Gundam wouldn't go entirely unsupplied. Quatre was rich and could handle it himself, Duo was sent down to go chill with Howard, and the other three were the types that could take care of their Gundams themselves...though supplies were probably made available on Earth for those three to pick up as necessary, in any case.
Wingnut

Gelmax wrote:As for the whole resupply thing, each colony that sent a Gundam made some kind of arrangements so that their Gundam wouldn't go entirely unsupplied. Quatre was rich and could handle it himself, Duo was sent down to go chill with Howard, and the other three were the types that could take care of their Gundams themselves...though supplies were probably made available on Earth for those three to pick up as necessary, in any case.
Plus it seemed that there were several people on Earth who didn't like how things were going and were in a position to help those who would go against the Alliance and OZ, so they didn't mind doing so.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Recon 5

Where did Wufei go during the interim, anyway? I was under the impression that he was sitting pretty with OZ.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE