The Offical Gundam 00 Mecha Thread Mk V

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
EinhanderAstraeaMk.I

Folken Fanel wrote:More like because the Exia is now disconnected from Veda, along with the Dynames, Kyrios, and Virtue. If you pay attention to the latest episode, Sumeragi clearly states that they have back-up OS's for the Gundams should Veda turn on them. And, since Veda turned on them and shut down the Gundams, they are now disconnected from Veda and Exia can go berserker on the GN-Xs.
I did remember that. But I was referring to a possible password or something. Maybe Tieria unlocks it? Or Aeolia had forseen this and hid the code so that someone else (like Sumeragi, or even Setsu himself) finds it/activates it by chance.

And if the system does go out of control, how does his unit's core remain pure w/o going evil berserker red (if the spoilers are true)? How does the girl manage to help him with purifying the core? I'd like to go the easy route and say that all it took was a combination of love, dedication, willpower, and a healthy does of hotbloodedness to keep the system under control, but that won't obviously do in a semi-realistic anime.
The source of my Gundam 00 information and ideas? Here.
My Innovator names: Eternal Eternity, Stupid Vexation, and Pilot Rival.
Laevatein

EinhanderAstraeaMk.I wrote: And if the system does go out of control, how does his unit's core remain pure w/o going evil berserker red (if the spoilers are true)? How does the girl manage to help him with purifying the core? I'd like to go the easy route and say that all it took was a combination of love, dedication, willpower, and a healthy does of hotbloodedness to keep the system under control, but that won't obviously do in a semi-realistic anime.
There is a much simpler technological answer that doesn't go the Super Robot route: The TRANS AM can be shut down at will. "Berserker" I'd assume would be more referring to the fact that the GN Drive is inherently unstable without the TD Blanket. And since putting the Drive on overpower overwhelms the TD Blanket, it'd simply means that at higher output the GN Drive is a whole lot more unstable even with the Blanket. No reason to believe that the GN Drive can't be returned to normal if you reduce the output levels enough.

And on Marina... now you're thinking too much about that primarily artistic scene. :lol:
Folken Fanel

I did remember that. But I was referring to a possible password or something. Maybe Tieria unlocks it? Or Aeolia had forseen this and hid the code so that someone else (like Sumeragi, or even Setsu himself) finds it/activates it by chance.
Frankly, no matter how much sense it makes, I just don't see that happening. Yes, 00 is a very realistic Gundam show (as giant robots go), but I think that once the Gundams are no longer directly connected to Veda, they'll be able to bypass any passwords needed.
And if the system does go out of control, how does his unit's core remain pure w/o going evil berserker red (if the spoilers are true)? How does the girl manage to help him with purifying the core? I'd like to go the easy route and say that all it took was a combination of love, dedication, willpower, and a healthy does of hotbloodedness to keep the system under control, but that won't obviously do in a semi-realistic anime.
Well, maybe (and this is a huge maybe) Azadistan is rich in some natural resource that can be used to repair/replace the TD Blanket and return the GN particles to their more refined 'greener' form. Who knows, maybe petroleum is the key ingredient in the TD Blanket.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Neo
It's common knowledge that 99.99% of users on Youtube are ZOINKING idiots.
Zero Revenge

Folken Fanel wrote:Well, maybe (and this is a huge maybe) Azadistan is rich in some natural resource that can be used to repair/replace the TD Blanket and return the GN particles to their more refined 'greener' form. Who knows, maybe petroleum is the key ingredient in the TD Blanket.
Boy that would be just a tragic irony. The one ingredient that can purify all these GN Drives spouting toxic chemicals/particles around Earth is the one thing that was banned and sanctioned against years ago.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Folken Fanel wrote: Who knows, maybe petroleum is the key ingredient in the TD Blanket.
I don't know man, that's kinda like Doc Brown fueling up the DeLorean's fusion reactor with the McFly family's dinner trash.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
azrael

Perhaps the best way to describe the "true" drives and the Tau drives is that the "true" drives embodies Schenberg's true vision for a renewable energy source, with no ill-effects to humans or to perhaps, the environment. The Tau drives may not only cause damage to humans but to everything else in the environment. Not only will treating the sick or injured be harder, but food would become scarce.
Laevatein

Folken Fanel wrote:Well, maybe (and this is a huge maybe) Azadistan is rich in some natural resource that can be used to repair/replace the TD Blanket and return the GN particles to their more refined 'greener' form. Who knows, maybe petroleum is the key ingredient in the TD Blanket.
I doubt you can find petroleum in Jupiter though, which is said to have the special conditions necessary for the TD Blanket... :roll:
Recon 5

The key word is 'hydrocarbons'. Jupiter has more hydrocarbons than the whole mass of the earth several times over.

Still, I doubt that Azadistan will be that important from a resources point of view. Maybe more of a political thorn in the side of the powers rather than anything else- but thats for the anime thread.

The 'special condition' might be gravity, gravity of a magnitude too great to duplicate with even the technology of 00's AD. Under such gravity certain matter starts to behave in weird ways.
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Derringer

http://community.livejournal.com/gundam ... tml#cutid1

tl;dr

The GN Tau drives are the original GN drive design, but are bad for organic material. TD Blanket is a filter for this that's on the other GN drive. Internal problems over need for "eco friendly" particles causes execution of rebelling members...except for terminals of Veda that escaped (probably Livonse, Purple Haro, others...)

GN T drives have performance that are on par with regular GN drives, and take less time to manufacture.

Trans-Am=SUPER MODE (Unicorn Gundam, Shining Gundam (THIS SUIT OF MINE IS BURNING RE), etc.)

There's nothing in here about being able to "recharge" the GN T drives, other than that they will burn out over time.
Homeless

A clearer translation is nice; this information is rather interesting -if it is true. While I'll concede it sounds pretty fitting from what we know, I'm going to restrain myself until we actually hear this mentioned in the show.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Maelstromm

I'm more curious about the 'death' of the GN Drive Taus, since the term 'star death' was mentioned, did this mean the GN Drive Taus would go nova or collapse under their own gravitation pull and become a black hole?
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
Calubin_175

So the TD blanket supporters migrated to Jupiter, provided with a suitable environment for the formal GN drive construction. I still can't figure out which faction the data terminal(purple Haro) belongs to, in conjunction with the affiliation of the abandoned ship and the explorers.
Laevatein

Maelstromm wrote:I'm more curious about the 'death' of the GN Drive Taus, since the term 'star death' was mentioned, did this mean the GN Drive Taus would go nova or collapse under their own gravitation pull and become a black hole?
That's quite a stretch, considering that I think that was just the translator's added notes, and not anything in the info itself.
Maelstromm

That's true, still, the demise of the GN Drive Taus were mentioned in the info provided, so there's still the incident of what will happen once the GN Drive Taus fail...
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Maelstromm wrote:I'm more curious about the 'death' of the GN Drive Taus, since the term 'star death' was mentioned, did this mean the GN Drive Taus would go nova or collapse under their own gravitation pull and become a black hole?
I think not my friend. In order to create even a miniature black hole you need either the awesome cosmic fury of a nova or something so dense (such that a single grain of matter from said object would weigh as much as an elephant) that its collapse would form a Black Hole.

Unless they decide to pull some Weird Science which I don't think they will because Gundam isn't known for Weird Science.

--Freyja Wion
Jack

That could be just be a translation quirk if the article uses the phrase 'solar furnace'.
Derringer

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote: Unless they decide to pull some Weird Science which I don't think they will because Gundam isn't known for Weird Science.
Don't GN drives violate the laws of thermodynamics? How the hell can there exist something that can produce unlimited energy?

Also, I'm starting to get the idea that the TD blanket is indeed related to hydrocarbons
azrael

Derringer wrote: Don't GN drives violate the laws of thermodynamics? How the hell can there exist something that can produce unlimited energy?
From what I understand, the Tau drives don't produce a infinite amount of energy, hence why they have a limited operational time. The TD Blanket on the "true" drives not only filters the bad stuff out but also recycles back into the system. This is why the "true" drives have a near unlimited operational time.
Arbiter GUNDAM

When I say weird science I mean something that sounds so obviously shoved in at the last second and is a plot gimmick that it removes suspension of disbelief. Like most of Lost :D

--Freyja Wion
Meteoid

Derringer wrote: Also, I'm starting to get the idea that the TD blanket is indeed related to hydrocarbons
Actually remember right before he was killed, Prof. Eifman realised that the Gundam's made use of "topological defects". Topological Defects - TD.
Now......what are topological defects?

Also I noticed that the GN[T] drives don't seem to have the "spinny" bit (couldn't think of a better term) that the original four Gundams have. Maybe that is the TD blanket?

Off topic, but this makes my first post here EVAR :D