G Gundam Colonies

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Nightwing03

G Gundam Colonies

I've only seen 7 episodes of G Gundam so bare with me, I noticed the colonies in G Gundam are shaped like the countries and they don't seem to be surrounded by a barrier or anything. So the big question is...How do people living on the colonies breathe?
♣♦♠♥
ShadowCell

Just so you know, you are attempting to figure out how technology in G Gundam works.

Also so you know, you are not Mwu La Fllaga--you cannot make the impossible possible.

Just a friendly reminder.
mcred23

Re: G Gundam Colonies

Nightwing03 wrote:So the big question is...How do people living on the colonies breathe?
Like the vast majority of G Gundam technology, we have absolutely no idea whatsoever how it works, all we know is that somehow, it does.

And to more or less reiterate what SC said, trying to find out how it works is impossible, since there is pretty much nothing on G Gundam's technological aspects.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Dynames

mcred23 wrote:
Nightwing03 wrote:So the big question is...How do people living on the colonies breathe?
Like the vast majority of G Gundam technology, we have absolutely no idea whatsoever how it works, all we know is that somehow, it does.

And to more or less reiterate what SC said, trying to find out how it works is impossible, since there is pretty much nothing on G Gundam's technological aspects.
Very true, there isn't a whole lot of info on how in the world G gundam technology works. Heck, i gave up trying to understand the stuff no more then 10 episodes into the series.
When the going gets tough, the tough get GIANT FIGHTING ROBOTS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBQvDu2KCk
One reason why 0083 Stardust Memory is one of the Best
Duraham

Nightwing03 wrote:I've only seen 7 episodes of G Gundam so bare with me, I noticed the colonies in G Gundam are shaped like the countries and they don't seem to be surrounded by a barrier or anything. So the big question is...How do people living on the colonies breathe?
meh, you guys give up too easily...

probably some sort of gravity generator. the gravity keeps the gases from flying away into space, much like how our atmosphere works.

of course, no concrete support, but hey, at least I'm trying :P
AmuroNT1

I hate to break out the cliché answer, but it really does seem like the staff just said "It's a background element, let's just say they're there, make them look reasonably cool, and move on with the planning". Not to take anything away from G Gundam, of course, but all the colonies really mattered for in that series were that 1) they existed, and 2) they treated Earth like a landfill.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Draco Starcloud

Technology in G Gundam is just more advanced than other universes in terms of colonies and spacecraft. I'm guessing that more resources have been spent on developing posh colonies than military weapons; few weapons aside from the Gundams display exceptional performance in battle.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
ShadowCell

Duraham wrote:meh, you guys give up too easily...

probably some sort of gravity generator. the gravity keeps the gases from flying away into space, much like how our atmosphere works.

of course, no concrete support, but hey, at least I'm trying :P
Of course, without any concrete support, it's all pretty meaningless, and you eventually find your way back to the realization that you can't explain technology in G Gundam, because G Gundam is one of those shows where you're not supposed to sit there and say "wait, how does that work?" You're supposed to just accept that there's gravity on colonies and stuff and move on.

So I'm not sure what more can be gleaned from this thread.
Mark064

Except the fact it's been clearly stated that the G Gundam colonies do have gravity generators. As far as I know it originated in the G Gundam preview series before G Gundam aired on TV. I believe there is a G Gundam timeline out there too that states when it was created too but I don't have that on me at the moment. And if I'm remembering correctly the mobile trace system uses the exact same concept as well. Remember just because you don't know it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. A concept that seems to forgotten easily around here.