Research Questions

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Research Questions

This is not flame bait or a who's better than who thread, I want honest, "scientific" opinions on this.

In this fic I'm writing, there are several scenes where different Gundams end up fighting each other briefly. I want to know what you guys think would happen as I want this to be as accurate as possible.

1. RX-93 Nu Gundam against XXXG-00W0 Wing Zero Custom

2. MSN-04 Sazabi against OZ-13MS Gundam Epyon

3. RX-78-2 Gundam against GAT-X105 Aile Strike
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Wingnut

Re: Research Questions

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:This is not flame bait or a who's better than who thread, I want honest, "scientific" opinions on this.
Seeing as the match ups are pitting mechs from different universes, this is impossible as they all have different ways of operating.
Plus, as was said many times in the old Colosseum, you didn't give any pilots for these machines so without knowing who is in them, any answer would be meaningless anyway.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Nightwing03

This is basically like the Colosseum we had back in the day, but that sub forum was locked for some reason that i cant remember right now. So this will probbaly get locked... :?
♣♦♠♥
Deus EpS Machina

Nightwing03 wrote:This is basically like the Colosseum we had back in the day, but that sub forum was locked for some reason that i cant remember right now. So this will probbaly get locked... :?
Because it was, for the most part, a pretty rediculous board for a forum such as Mechatalk.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Arbiter GUNDAM

Hmm, well I hope it doesn't get locked. You wanted to know who the pilots are? Well that would be Amuro (UC0093) and Heero Yuy, Char and Zechs, and Kira Yamato and Amuro (UC0079)

I can understand why you guys got rid of a coliseum-type thread, I've seen those before and they have a tendency to get way out of hand.

--Freyja Wion
Kuruni

This still not different from the wrecked colosseum out there...Especially when specify pilots involve.

I can't think of anyway to save this thread, though it worth mention that few of good topics in colosseum (Tripod vs Zaku II, for instance) aren't use name pilot and people indeed compare them by technical info (even if we have so little on Tripod).

Still, I don't think this thread can be save...
My girlfriend was a loli.
Arbiter GUNDAM

:( I suppose I should have been much more specific.

Question One: Could the RX-93 with Amuro as the pilot stand an even chance against Heero in the Wing Zero with his ZERO system? Can the Nu Gundam's Fin Funnels create an I-Field that could withstand a shot, partial or full, from the Zero's Buster Rifle? In beam saber combat, which Gundam would have an advantage?

2. Pretty much the same as above, although I can see the Sazabi having an advantage over the Epyon due to it's ranged weaponry. Oh and what sort of effects would the funnels' weapons have on Gundanium?

3. Would the RX-78-2 be mechanically inferior to the Strike Gundam? Would Amuro be able to hold his own at all against Kira and the Aile Strike even with his Newtype abilities?

--Freyja Wion
Kuruni

Exactly, those are issues throwing around when Colosseum still active.
My girlfriend was a loli.
ShadowCell

With no reference point and no numbers from any universe other than the Universal Century, such a comparison is meaningless and ultimately would be based on entirely arbitrary criteria. Hence, you can't figure out whether or not the RX-78-2 is inferior to the Strike Gundam.
SNT1

Just watch a bunch of clips and footages from the shows, and draw your own conclusions. Watching clips from games like Gundam ACE or Gundam Musou helps, as well as agonizing through crap-made AMVs with Linkin Park as the background music (they still show good mecha footage).

After all, you would see fanbois come out and say (insert favorite universe here) > all. A good amount of them plagued the old Colosseum boards.

If this thread were to be continued, it is undoubtedly the path it would take, especially when you pit and compare high-profile mobile suits of different eras like this. Locked...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/