The Final Fate of the RX-78-2

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Arbiter GUNDAM

The Final Fate of the RX-78-2

Do we know what eventually happened to the wreckage of the RX-78 after it was destroyed at the end of MSG? Did it get scrapped, did they put it in a museum, what?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
auriga

Huh? If I recall correctly, Amuro ejected in the Core Fighter and left everything else in the exploding A Baoa Qu.
Deus EpS Machina

Yea, that is the final fate of the thing - KABOOM!

Amuro escaped in the core fighter and left the rest to go up with A Baoa Qu, not that there was much left. And even if Amuro had left with the Gundam intact, it would have eventually been scrapped for parts after all the valuable data was extracted as the machine itself was pretty obsolete by the next conflict.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
Ascension

Nah, it would probably have gone on a propaganda tour first for a little while until Amuro started saying too much about NTs and conveniently disappeared from the public stage. Then it might have become spare parts.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Sorry, I didn't know that, I didn't see the original MSG all the way through. So all that survived was the Gundam's core fighter? Shame.

--Freyja Wion
Kuruni

MBF-06/ZGMF-X12A Arbiter wrote:Sorry, I didn't know that, I didn't see the original MSG all the way through. So all that survived was the Gundam's core fighter? Shame.
And the Core Fighter eventually give birth to Amakusa from CBG: Skull Heart...quite deadly legacy.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Arbiter GUNDAM

This is gonna make me sound like a noob I know but, Skull Heart? You've lost me dude.

--Freyja Wion
Kuruni

A sequel to Crossbone Gundam, featuring some most amusing MS design for UC...

Here
My girlfriend was a loli.
AmuroNT1

Basically, the Jupiter Empire found the Core Fighter floating in space and used the cloning technology deveoped by Dugachi to make a tentacle-filled-tube-thing that acted as a copy of Amuro, then they stuck it in an advanced MS.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
razgriz

wasnt there an RX-78-2 in the mobile suit museum in F91? probably a replica i'm sure but could it have been a surviving -2 unit?
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
Gadget

According Bandai, (not Sunrise), there were a few RX78-2 made after the OYW. The were use for properganda tour. There was one made for Zeon. Cannot remember the name. But it was all red.

Honestly speaking, I suspect this is bandai way of retconning to sell new RX78-2.
Duraham

Gadget wrote:According Bandai, (not Sunrise), there were a few RX78-2 made after the OYW. The were use for properganda tour. There was one made for Zeon. Cannot remember the name. But it was all red.

Honestly speaking, I suspect this is bandai way of retconning to sell new RX78-2.
wait, weren't those celebration colours gundams just GMs fitted with a gundam head and otherwise modified to look like a gundam?
auriga

There was one made for Zeon. Cannot remember the name. But it was all red.
That would be Casval Rem Deikun's custom. I believe it appeared in Gihren's Greed.
Deus EpS Machina

auriga wrote:
There was one made for Zeon. Cannot remember the name. But it was all red.
That would be Casval Rem Deikun's custom. I believe it appeared in Gihren's Greed.
and, i beleive GG was a video game with an alternate retelling of teh OYW's end.
Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan!~~~
mcred23

Gadget wrote:According Bandai, (not Sunrise), there were a few RX78-2 made after the OYW. The were use for properganda tour. There was one made for Zeon. Cannot remember the name. But it was all red.

Not quite. As Duraham noted, the post-OYW RX-78-2 units were just GM's outfitted to look like the RX-78-2 and sporting a new color scheme, used for victory celebrations and other ceremonial stuff. The Red Zeonic Gundam is from Gihren's Greed and only comes around in an Alternate UC where Char splits from the Principality and starts his own faction (Or something like that, point is, in the official animated universe, it dosen't exsist).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
CasvalRemDeikun

Wasn't 8 from MSGS: Astray supposed to be the learning computer from the RX-78-2? Wasn't the print on the back scraped off except for the 8.

I know this is absolutely impossible, but they kept hinting at it.
mcred23

CasvalRemDeikun wrote:Wasn't 8 from MSGS: Astray supposed to be the learning computer from the RX-78-2? Wasn't the print on the back scraped off except for the 8.

I know this is absolutely impossible, but they kept hinting at it.
Like you said, it's absolutely impossible for that to have happened, seeing how they are totally seperate universes.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Hyakushiki

AmuroNT1 wrote:Basically, the Jupiter Empire found the Core Fighter floating in space and used the cloning technology deveoped by Dugachi to make a tentacle-filled-tube-thing that acted as a copy of Amuro, then they stuck it in an advanced MS.
So they made Amuro into a Dalek! :shock:
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Arbiter GUNDAM

AmuroNT1 wrote:the cloning technology developed by Dugachi to make a tentacle-filled-tube-thing that acted as a copy of Amuro, then they stuck it in an advanced MS.
Yeah...that's...disturbing.

--Freyja Wion
teslashark

the core gets into a musem ,the body left unknown possiblely buried/stolen/taken back home as some garden garment by some titans guy during the redecoration of ABQ
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com