The effects of moon life

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Albireo_818

Maybe they hollowed out a certain section of the moon and increased its rotation with rocket motors or something, enabling certain "habitable pockets" where the centrif. force enacted to create a gravity-like effect. (In other words, like a colony)
Call me Albireo or Al, without the _818
"A Clever person solves the problem. The wise person avoids it!"-Albert Einstein
Prana

Albireo_818 wrote:Maybe they hollowed out a certain section of the moon and increased its rotation with rocket motors or something, enabling certain "habitable pockets" where the centrif. force enacted to create a gravity-like effect. (In other words, like a colony)
In order to do that (feasibility of such a complex thing apart), you had to live upside down inside a hollow moon (centrifugal force would pull you away from the moon!)

Anyway, remember that the moon rotation is locked by the gravity of the the Earth, i.e. it revolves as it rotates = the moon is always showing the same face toward the Earth. ;)
Ryujin

ZeonfromHell wrote:My geology and physics are a little rusty. But wouldn't being closer to the moon's core make the gravity a little stonger?
Gravity weakens as you move from the surface to the core. Once you're in the very center, all the mass surrounding you would be exerting an equal amount of gravity, making you effectively weightless. The sum total cancels itself out.