The "Gundam" appearing in other Gundam Universes

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
AU_Gundam MK II

Then we may actually have our replacement in the SEED universe. However, there can always be more than one.
I am a general mecha fan! Anything from Mazinger Z to Gundam, Getter Robo to Macross!

Ware wa Zengar! ZENGAR ZOMBOLT!! Fanbase o Tatsu! TSURUGI NAI!!

ZANKANTOU!! RAIKOU GIRI!!
Albireo_818

I really dont see the point in this thread. it is a fact that every Gundam after RX-78 (with a few notable exceptions) were based on RX-78. Regardless of timeline, the designers added a little bit of RX-78 and F-91 into every Gundam after.
Call me Albireo or Al, without the _818
"A Clever person solves the problem. The wise person avoids it!"-Albert Einstein
LaBambaMan

Yeah, every series after 0079 has at least one machine with a layout in either design, color, or weapons that resepmbles the RX-78-2. Now, I think, for the sake of this discussion, we would have to count out almost all the UC gundams, seeing how they were really upgrades of the RX-78-2. I mean, most of them were still RX models anyway.

-Spencer
mcred23

LaBambaMan wrote:Now, I think, for the sake of this discussion, we would have to count out almost all the UC gundams, seeing how they were really upgrades of the RX-78-2. I mean, most of them were still RX models anyway.
More or less. A number of them (Such as the GP01 and Gundam Mark II) were based on the concept and ideas for an MS the original RX-78-2 had, but heavily modernized to better suit the era they were developed in (Or to add new or improved technologies, like with the Gundam Mark II's improved frame or the Nu Gundam and all it's gadgets).

And most are RX models because they were developed by the Federation, only the Zeta, ZZ and Victory models (Going by animated works) weren't developed by the EFF (And even thought it uses a different model number, the F91 was designed by a Federation company).

However, like Albireo_818, I fail to see a real point behind this thread other than to once again state what we all know; that most Gundams are, in some way, based on the RX-78-2 to some extent. That said, unless something else develops in this thread quickly, it will be closed...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Recon 5

I think these are characteristics we should look for:

1. red chin/ feet/ (banpresto :D ) mask, blue torso (don't forget the yellow vents), mostly white limbs and of course, a v- fin.

2. capable of using beam weapons before enemy suits.

3. mounts 2x beam saber, 2x vulcan (beam ones not counted) and normally carries a beam rifle and shield. NO ability to attach extra weapons to torso or limbs (this one is probably the most important) and NO other built in weapons but can hand- carry various weapons.

4. detachable cockpit (bonus points if it can function as a fighter).

5. must render enemy aces dumbstruck on its first appearance (bonus points if one of them wears a mask :D ).

Mobile suits possessing three or more of these characteristics (each condition must be at least half- fulfilled to count) can be considered a 'cameo' of the RX- 78.

I think so far the only suit that qualifies is 00's 0 Gundam (man that looks odd :? ).
Nightwing03

♣♦♠♥
Albireo_818

Nightwing03 wrote:It's all here....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam#Dis ... cteristics
lulz. I was just reading that a moment ago.

besides, these are all pretty obvious anyways to regular gundam viewers.
And some make no sense.
Call me Albireo or Al, without the _818
"A Clever person solves the problem. The wise person avoids it!"-Albert Einstein
Celestial Gundam

VentZX wrote:In the SEED universe, I think the Impulse is more evocative of the RX-78-2 than the Strike. It had the classic colors, core fighter system, and the golden cross on the shield is the biggest give away. Though, the modular design that the Impulse has, despite being brought over from the Strike, makes me think of the V2 more than anything else.
Yeah, Impulse reminded me more of the RX-78-2 more than the Strike, even though the Strike was technically supposed to represent the RX-78-2 story-wise.
ZGMF-X291A Celestial Gundam