Nu's fin funnel build in generator discussion

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
Kuro No Sakura

Nu's fin funnel build in generator discussion

This post is come from thread D.E.W Interception
people there said Nu Gundam's fin funnel have build in generator
I highly disagree

my point is.....

in that small thin parts it barely (although i dont even think it possible) can have a booster and fuel

and that 1 of the advantage for Hi-Nu over Nu because of the recharge system on it fin funnel wing

if there's that small of a generator in that era MS already is the size in F91 (15M) don't need to be a 20M MS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is 1 point I want to reply back form D.E.W Interception thread
I will quote back and reply
Recon 5 wrote:Well, FUNNELS have generators. BITS do not. You're probably thinking of bits. However small the funnels are, the fact remains that they have generators of their own built in. Otherwise, why use funnels for the Nu Gundam when BITS are even smaller/ more energy saving? Also, tell me how the funnels can produce a beam shield when they don't have generators.
I still don't understand why you guys said the fin funnel is big (if you compare to normal funnel of coz is big)
that MG kit pic clearly show is VERY thin
and for my understanding bits (only Elmeth have them that i know of) is much BIGGER then the standard Funnel
Bits is 8.4M long which is larger then a human is
but Funnel size (especially Qubelley) can be hug by a human like Puro hug her Funnel in 1 of the ZZ DVD cover

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My understanding of the fin funnel is
the 2 long parts that make the U shape is the fuel for the boost
and the batteries that need to generate the I field mechanic
so the I field can do both accelerating mega particle or protect MS itself

Maybe the generator we are talking about is I field generator not a energy/batteries kind of generator
Dark Duel

Interesting theories.
Of course, whether you agree or not doesn't change the fact that official information states that the Fin Funnels do have an onboard generator.

But my main point is this: is it that farfetched, really?

Nineteen years before CCA occurs, in U.C. 0074, they were successfully making nuclear fusion reactors small enough to fit into the compact frame of a humanoid robot about 57.4 feet(17.5m) tall.

Five years later, they could make reactors small enough to fit into a bit, which is less than half of that size - 8.4m, or 27.5ft.

If in 5 years they could make a reactor that was that much smaller than the one that went into the Zaku I, is it so farfetched that 14 years later technology allowed them to build one that was even smaller?

I frankly don't think so. And it doesn't even have to be particularly powerful either - just enough to power its single cannon, single thruster, single barrier generator, and the equipment necessary for communication with the main unit.

EDIT: Do you happen to have a pic of the ZZ DVD cover you mention? I'd like to see that, as I'm something of a Puru fanboy
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Black Knight

If a Core Fighter in 0079 can have an ultra-compact Minovsky-Ionesco Nuclear Fusion Reactor, and it does, and in 0087 the Zeta Gundam has a reactor in each leg (which it does), I see no reason why in 0093 generators/fusion reactors can't be small enough to install in the Fin Funnels.

After all, the first down-scaled mobile suit debuts in 0108, but post-0090 MS funding is scaled back considerably, which likely explains why it took so "long" to develop small-but-more-powerful mobile suits.
Kuro No Sakura

Black Knight wrote:If a Core Fighter in 0079 can have an ultra-compact Minovsky-Ionesco Nuclear Fusion Reactor, and it does, and in 0087 the Zeta Gundam has a reactor in each leg (which it does), I see no reason why in 0093 generators/fusion reactors can't be small enough to install in the Fin Funnels.
both the Core Fighter in 0079 and the Z gundam's leg is much much bigger and thicker then the fin funnel's fin
the fin only have a thickness of half a human height and shoulder to shoulder width
you can say the length might help to store the generator
but then you need space for I field generator too

Dark Duel you point is logical
but in F90 series do state that only those recent years they archive more compact generator to develop smaller MS

For the puru hugging the funnel here's the pic in amazon.co.jp
here
Sorry is a small pic
but I myself is search for big picture on all ZZ DVD cover too

I know argue with official is kind of stupid but i dont think UC is this low level of "pay attention to detail"
so people give in your though
V2

didnt the geymalk in ZZ use the "mother and child" funnel concept? it could have progressed further from there.
toysdream

Kuro No Sakura wrote:both the Core Fighter in 0079 and the Z gundam's leg is much much bigger and thicker then the fin funnel's fin
Nope. If you have toys or model kits of both machines in the same scale, you can see that the fin funnel is about as thick as the engine pod of a classic Core Fighter. By the time of Char's Counterattack, it should be possible to squeeze an extra generator into almost anywhere.

Which is actually the justification for the "shelf nozzles" and "fin nozzles" used by Crossbone Vanguard mobile suits in Gundam F91. These are small booster units which each contain engines, propellant, and a small external generator. It's even possible that this idea might have been inspired by the Nu Gundam's fin funnels.

-- Mark
ShadowCell

Arguing with what's official is stupid, because every other answer you can provide has as much legitimacy as saying that the Nu's fin funnels run off the power of pink puppies and love.

The official explanation is that the Nu has generators in its fin funnels. How they fit in there is a mystery that we can add to the great big pile of mysteries of Gundam, like "whose idea was it to seriously use giant robots as a primary weapon of war, and why was this person not laughed out of the room for suggesting it?" But the official explanation still stands. If you don't like it, well, tough.

As such, the only place this thread can go is mindless speculation on whether or not the Nu actually gets its power from the Force, or a hydroelectric dam installed on the slopes of Mount Doom, or an army of hamsters on wheels, or the trapped and harnessed power of Paptimus Scirocco's raw sexuality, etc, etc, et-freakin'-c. So this thread dies.

Wave goodbye to the thread, everybody.