D.E.W Interception

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
ShadowCell

I, uh, wasn't arguing for throwing all sorts of weird Phase Shift crap onto a warship--I was just pointing out that ships in the Cosmic Era don't seem to have the power issues that mobile suits have.

Preaching to the choir, man.
Kuro No Sakura

since when does Nu gundam's fin funnel have build in generator!?
in that small thin parts!? It barely (although i dont even think it possible) can have a booster and fuel for it in those thin fin

and if it has own generator on why does it have to ditch those funnel when in combat? because it run batteries and is out of power that why Amuro have to ditch it

and that 1 of the advantage for Hi-Nu over Nu because of the recharge system on it fin funnel wing

back to topic

I am surprise no one brought up beam shield for battleship like the mother vanguard in crossbone it have full cover beam shield

unlike PS armor it can also block beam too
Duraham

Kuro No Sakura wrote:since when does Nu gundam's fin funnel have build in generator!?
in that small thin parts!? It barely (although i dont even think it possible) can have a booster and fuel for it in those thin fin

and if it has own generator on why does it have to ditch those funnel when in combat? because it run batteries and is out of power that why Amuro have to ditch it

and that 1 of the advantage for Hi-Nu over Nu because of the recharge system on it fin funnel wing
um, check this out:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/cca/rx-93.htm
Along with the psycoframe, the n Gundam was also equipped with six "fin funnels," a new evolution in Newtype-controlled remote weaponry. Although they were technically "bits" and not "funnels" (since the fin funnels had their own onboard reactors for power), they were far more advanced than normal bits or funnels in that, in addition to serving as remote beam weapons, they could also be used in geometric formations to create a "beam barrier", offering a target 360 degrees of protection against most weapons fire.
and also, Amuro's fin funnels were ALL DESTROYED. 5 before meeting Char, and the final one destroyed by Char's last funnel during the climatic fight

EDIT: the part where he "ditched" the fin funnels, you might be refering to when he wanted to surrender to save that Re-GZ pilot. uh no, those fin funnels were working fine, as shown 5min later when he accidentally activated the fin funnels by reflex, causing them to attack a Geara Doga

EDIT #2: those things aren't as thin as you expect them to be. factoring in the Nu Gundam's size, as well as direct cm to m conversations based on the MG, the thickest part of the funnels is an estimated 2m thick.
auriga

I am surprise no one brought up beam shield for battleship like the mother vanguard in crossbone it have full cover beam shield
Well yes, but as mentioned this thread also covers Mobile Suits, and energy requirements for beam shields can be quite demanding. And you also have anti-beam coated weapons...
Kuro No Sakura

This is so off topic but I still dont think Nu's funnel have it own generator
since already someone state MAHQ's pofile is not perfect
I wouldn't trust MAHQ 100%
unless official state other wise

and for the size the Nu's fin funnel is not what you think is that huge
you can go watch Char counter attack again
the scene where a guy is maintaining the fin funnel and it suddenly close to a U shape
in that scene you can clearly see the thickness of the fin funnel is barely a thickness of a man
there is no WAY you can put generator in
if there's that small of a generator in that era MS already is the size in F91 (15M) don't need to be a 20M MS

I am sure 1 or 2 funnel weren't destroy in the climax fight
(of coz i know he ditch funnel when he rescue the ReGZ pilot but i am not talking about that scene)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
back in to topic

I know this thread also cover MS but just that for battleship no one brought up beam shield that i am surprise

and best MS missile defense is vulcan no exception because is cheap and EN save

If i always have a though
you can blow up a EMP field to block missile
maybe not work lol
Recon 5

Well, FUNNELS have generators. BITS do not. You're probably thinking of bits. However small the funnels are, the fact remains that they have generators of their own built in. Otherwise, why use funnels for the Nu Gundam when BITS are even smaller/ more energy saving? Also, tell me how the funnels can produce a beam shield when they don't have generators.

Anyway, check Gundam Official if you want full information. Yes, you may be suspicious of a site that calls itself official, but the fact is that it is the most reliable source you can get unless you can read Japanese. Then Gunota would be your best bet. Regardless, MAHQ may have some errors here and there, but the Nu Gundam profile has stated for YEARS that the funnels have generators. If that was a mistake then I am very sure Chris would have noticed it by now.

Now, we need to hear from Chris himself about this issue. That should settle things.
Duraham

also, check out this MG manual, its the most official stuff out there. you just have to get past its moonspeak though...

http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m34/m34_p.htm

EDIT: go to information, scroll down and look for the page of the MG manual where the fin funnels are explained in clearer detail, together with a size comparison picture of a human next to it.

oh, and about www.gundamofficial.com

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds/uc ... #finfunnel
A psycommu-controlled remote weapon developed exclusively for the RX-93 Nu Gundam. Each of these devices is made up of a central thruster unit and two generator arms, and these three movable sections can be used for AMBAC maneuvering, conserving the fin funnel's propellant supply and extending its operating time. Each fin funnel houses a built-in mega particle cannon, whose beam is accelerated as it passes between the generator arms, and a defensive beam barrier can be generated between the funnels. This barrier not only deflects incoming beam attacks, but also keeps out enemy funnels. [Char's Counterattack]
there you go! ^ ^