Aegis Horn Sensor -Some Centric Network Capabilities Lost?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
minovskycore_0180er
Location: Orb Union - Prototype Astray Spammer Unit Test Pilot

Aegis Horn Sensor -Some Centric Network Capabilities Lost?

I have always wondered the differences of the horn sensor arrays of the Aegis and the Justice. I know that the Aegis being a GAT-X300 type Gundam it is designed around the principles of being a transformable command unit machine. However, I wonder if there is the possibility of the Aegis's horn sensors to operate as a Centric Network interface. The Aegis, Duel, Buster, and Blitz that ZAFT stole from Morgenroete are only one Gundam shy of the complete fighting unit. Inside of cockpit screen-shots of the Aegis in SEED I rarely see anything that could implicate that the Aegis was designed to relay commands to the other GAT-X MS. I wonder if the entire GAT-X MS line had to activate under certain circumstance to bring out the Aegis's full potential. I also wonder if the similar potential benefits for the Aegis could bring out additional functions in the other MS that they solely had.

For instance the production of the T-Phase line of GAT-X Gundam's all function superiorly to the P-Shift line of GAT-X but fell short in two prospectives. Pharmaceutical enhancements limited the pilot's battle performance to a limited time of functionality. And the P-Shift line of Gundam's were piloted Coordinators using Coordinator type OS's. But even still they seemed to perform better then the should have - regardless of being more advanced technologically then P-Shift line MS. Even the Duel is similar in structural strength and prowess to the Freedom as seen in ZAFT's doomed assault on JOSH-A. The Duel was defeated only on the terms of being confined to a GhUUL which lacked in compared manuverablity to it's enemy and the Freedom's superior arsenal of weapons that it has at it's disposal. But the T-Phase Gundam's seemed to work better as a whole fighting unit then the P-Shift Gundams. Both the Le Crueseut/Zala teams and the T-Phase pilots -Shanie, Clotho and Orga had the same amount of personality conflicts if not worse on the T-Phase pilots side. But still their MS function better as a fighting unit then first GAT-X line of Gundams

Does anyone have any input on this possbilites that the P-Shift line of Gundam may have performed better then they had had a the activated under " correct " circumstance.
"... there comes a time in every persons life, when they must roll the dice and accept the outcome...."

" Gundam F91, launching!"- Seabook Arno
Toxicity

If there was some kind of way to activate the first five GAT-X prototypes under the command of the Aegis, I imagine it would have been lost when the coordinators saw how much the OS sucked and re-wrote it completely.
Maelstromm

I wonder about over-writing this portion though, I mean, wouldn't the coordinators have come across it while re-writing the OS? I don't think that even they would pass up battle tactics or plans that could improve their understanding of the five new (at the moment) GAT-X prototypes...
Gahh!!! My kingdom for a signature!!!!
Any takers?
Wingnut

@minovskycore_0180er: Change the title of the thread please. You have it implying that this thread is about the Aegis's head sensors, then go off on a completely different tangent in your opening post. Make the title of the thread better fit the actual content please.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Toxicity

If they were able to jump into those things, rewrite the OS right then and there, then fly off with them, I think they had all the understanding they needed.

As for battle tactics, before the GAT-Xs, all the EA had were Mobiouses, and all the only thing a Ginn or any other MS pilot needs to know to take down one of those is "Point and shoot".
minovskycore_0180er

When I placed the title to this thread, I placed Aegis Horn Sensor: Some Centric Network Capabilities Lost? I was only questioning if the Aegis had that functionality. The ability to monitor and relay information to the other GAT-X Gundams and the other being able to do the same. But the horn sensor, I placed "Some Centric Network Capabilities Lost?" as a question regarding Morgenroete Aegis OS design and a possible assurance that valuable military asset's would suffer a collateral system functionality lost if commondaired by ZAFT force.

Such things could happen if the Gundam's were not activated in correct circumstance. For example, an activation sequence. First the Aegis, an X300 command unit, would activate and send a preactivation code too the Gundams which the pilots would input and cause an executed automated system flight-link. Additional codes would be relayed to the Aegis who would distributed the other machine opening new functionalities within their MS design. Of course all of this would take place within the Archangel. If it was done at Morgenroete their would be a possibility of radio interception that could compromise security. Yes, I'm pretty sure Heliopolis had public radio stations. And I wouldn't doubt that some people still would have a ham radio to use as a hobby. These public and private radio devices could pick up a radio message sent from a Morgenroete control station that was sending these activation codes.

Also a possible reason as to why the Le Creseut elites didn't see these codes brings out two possibilities:
1. Those codes are probably hidden safe deep in the recesses of Morgenroete. Probably as deep as the location that their MBF-P01-3 Colored Frame Astrays were secretly stored.
2. Some lines of code in the OS may have been ghosted. For instance, when the Zala team attempted to infiltrate Morgentoete in Orb, they had difficulty hacking it's computer infrastructure because it's firewall was multi-layered. What if if you could overlap certain code such as that which could be brought out to enhance, with basic functions such as meta-motor cortex parameters, neuro-linkage, callibrations and 0-moment points, etc. And if the GAT-X's are not given proper codes to un-ghost these lines of code, they simply disappear.

I'ts not like they had a time to go through the entire OS. All the Le Cresuet elities had to do was to make the MS controllable, or just simply able to walk. If they took any longer they could risk damaging the Gundam from an explosion of a nearby vehicle or even a missile from an Orb artillery truck. And remember out of the other four Gundams that ZAFT apprehended only Athrun activated the PS Armor. Once on-board the Gamow or Vesalius the data-extract of the entire OS and the Gundam's spec's could be possible without risk of damage them.
"... there comes a time in every persons life, when they must roll the dice and accept the outcome...."

Gelmax

Putting a system like that on a mobile suit is inefficient and counterproductive. The way to prevent a mech from being stolen is to keep enemies from getting anywhere near it in the first place. Once it's in enemy hands, the only thing that could possibly keep them from getting past whatever safeties and performance locks you might add is an automatic self-destruct, and even THAT can be avoided if the thieves are clever enough (and they usually are, if they managed to steal it in the first place). Beyond that, virtually all mobile suits in every Gundam universe (with a few exceptions) operate on the assumption that the enemy pilot shouldn't be able to penetrate installation security and make it to the cockpit of any suit powerful enough to make a difference in the first place.

More importantly, something convoluted like your theory which requires the Gundams to be activated in a certain order in a certain location has the additional effect of being quite self-destructive. It would limit the Gundams' performance unless they were activated under optimal conditions, and conditions are rarely optimal in any battle.

Finally, if there WERE limiters on the Gundams' performance, they were some pretty poor limiters, given that the Gundams' major offensive and defensive abilities, including the ones such as Phase Shift Armor which placed them in a whole different category compared to grunt mechs, were all completely functional. It could be argued that the fact that the Gundams were still superior to everything else at the time is proof enough that their capabilities were completely available - there's no POINT in slightly downgrading a mech's abilities if you don't downgrade them enough to matter.
minovskycore_0180er

When I was talking about activation sequences I was considering that un-ghosting code should only happen upon primary activation. It's like a nuke. I order to arm and launch a missile you need two completely different types of codes. One is a arming code. The other is a launch code. And even yet, launch and arming codes are kept in completely different location. In the case of the U.S. Military codes must be inputed into NORAD defense grid. Also the sight that is launching the missiles whether land or sea based must also the same. And not withstanding executive codes being transmitted over a heavily encrypted communications line in the Oval Office of the White House. Most individual nukes need multiple codes as the are equipped with multiple warheads.

But, I not saying that Gundam's such as the GAT-X207 Blitz lost all use of systems that could work in-conjunction with Mirage Colloid or the Trikeros Weapons System. I'm speaking of possible specialized sub-routines. For instance, SONY Electronics has it's... I think it's called ArCODes. These are specialized encryption pattern that change consistantly to combat piracy. SONY also uses these to enhance the quality of the cinematic experience if it is played on SONY DVD Player. If these principles could be applied to MS OS development as means of safeguarding it from capture that would work all the more to a benefit.

I was only thinking that the all these codes would need to be added into the systems to un-ghost code only upon initial activation. After that the Gundam's themselves could handle an automated flight link whenever activated. A flight-link amongst themselves- OS to OS. Enhancement Subroutines could have played a major role in the performance of the original GAT-X designs. And a coordinator could easily rewritten the code. Maybe not as effeciently as it was designed to. Sometime the codes structure has to be written in certain sequences and areas in order to obtain optimal peformance's.

You even said it Gelmax, the only reason to place safeties on a mech would be to keep it from being stolen. And even in a secure area there is always the threat of infilltration. So thinking ahead and planning for the improbable is better then the assumption that saftey will provide fortifide securities. There is always a way for larger amount of oil drip through a small net. Yea, probably no other Gundam Universe had to worry about infiltration of a MS base and risk loss of MS except for Anavel Gato in U.C. 0083, but at the same time no other universe had to face a war based on genetically engineering humans and mass hysteria from it.