Gouf's Heat sword/saber?

The future is now. This is the place for mecha and science.
RX 93 ZZ

Gouf's Heat sword/saber?

Is the Gouf's Heat sword/saber(which ever you want to call it) like the Heat Hawk in the respect that its a solid metal weapon thats ultraheated or is it just like a beam saber? The reason i ask this is becuase I was watching Mobile Suit Gundam II and ramba ral "ignited" the saber/sword like a beam saber and i wasent shure because the name and that instance kind of contadict each other.
Mobile suits: RX-93 Nu Gundam/RX-94 MP Nu(Fin Funnel Type), RGM-89S Jegan
Cars: '93 Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)
Draco Starcloud

I remember hearing that the Gouf was originally supposed to have a beam saber, but it was later decided that the Gouf would have a heat sword instead. Thus, the Gouf's heat sword is like a heat hawk: a solid blade that glows when superheated.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
Zero Revenge

Re: Gouf's Heat sword/saber?

RX 93 ZZ wrote:Is the Gouf's Heat sword/saber(which ever you want to call it) like the Heat Hawk in the respect that its a solid metal weapon thats ultraheated or is it just like a beam saber? The reason i ask this is becuase I was watching Mobile Suit Gundam II and ramba ral "ignited" the saber/sword like a beam saber and i wasent shure because the name and that instance kind of contadict each other.
What you see in MSG is a animation error, the Heat Saber is suppose to be like the Heat Hawk, a solid blade that heats up to improve cutting ability.
RX 93 ZZ

Speaking of the heat hawk I saw somewhere that in the exact very same scene that ramba ral's gouf was carrying a light purple heat hawk instaed of its regular heat saber/sword. I'm prolly wrong but I'm speculating thats from the TV version because I have not see the TV MSG and they did change a lot of stuff witht he TV to Movie compliation transfer. All i want to know is if i'm correct on this instance or if what i saw was just another of those run of the mill animation errors you hear so much about on this kind of subject?
Mobile suits: RX-93 Nu Gundam/RX-94 MP Nu(Fin Funnel Type), RGM-89S Jegan
Cars: '93 Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)
Homeless

There was a random grunt Gouf using a Heat Hawk sometime after Ramba's demise in the original series, as I recall.
"Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" -Mark Twain
Kavik Ryx

Yeah, and it was also using the Zaku's machine gun.
Draco Starcloud

RX 93 ZZ wrote:All i want to know is if i'm correct on this instance or if what i saw was just another of those run of the mill animation errors you hear so much about on this kind of subject?
If it was the MSG movies, then it was probobly an animation error. In the movies I can only think of one Gouf appearing besides Ramba Ral's and that was during the Battle of Jaburo.

Since the MSG movies were partially made of spliced footage from the series, it's likely there were more than a few such errors made.

I for one recall seeing Sayla abandon a G-Fighter in Movie III even though she was piloting a Core Booster.
Chris wrote:IMMA CHARGIN MAH MAHQ @_@
Draco's Lair - Latest Update: 1/9/10
ExhileVoid

While we're on the topic of heat weapons, we know that heat weapons can stand up to a beam saber up to a certain degree until its durability wears off. Is it possible to equip a melee heat weapon with a layer of magnetic field so it can survive long periods of combat with a beam weapon? I mean after all, beam sabers deflect one another whenever they make contact is due the fact that their magnetic fields repel one another.
ORegan

ExhileVoid wrote:While we're on the topic of heat weapons, we know that heat weapons can stand up to a beam saber up to a certain degree until its durability wears off. Is it possible to equip a melee heat weapon with a layer of magnetic field so it can survive long periods of combat with a beam weapon? I mean after all, beam sabers deflect one another whenever they make contact is due the fact that their magnetic fields repel one another.
Wouldn't the heat from the heat saber burn the coating off? The way you describe it sounds like anti-beam coating to me, and that wears off pretty quickly...then again, we don't know the melting temperature of ABC. I like your thinking though. I remember I once had an idea for a special armor alloy with permanent magnets in it to do the same thing for a mecha I had in my head.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Sanjiro

Maybe the metal the saber is made of is magnetized as a by-product of the extreme heat of the weapon, or is purposefully megnetized to specifically repel beam sabers.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it."

--Sun Tzu
Zerosystem

Sanjiro wrote:Maybe the metal the saber is made of is magnetized as a by-product of the extreme heat of the weapon, or is purposefully megnetized to specifically repel beam sabers.
Doesn't extreme heat demagnetize metals?

If the device in question is a magnetic field designed to defend against beam sabres, and beam sabres themselves keep the plasma contained within I-fields that are maintained by a magnetic field of it's own, then shouldn't that disrupt the I-field mechanism of the beam sabre and cause it to not work?

Plasma contained within a beam sabre fills an empty shell of an I-field, and when the I-field of a beam sabre comes in physical contact with something, it, for lack of a better term, doesn't interact with the physical object and allows the plasma to have at the object instead, right?

Sorry, if I'm wrong, but I just don't understand how a magnetic field would allow a metal to withstand the high temperatures of superheated plasma for a longer time than usual.
gp=pc----c>--- %%
__|______|_____|_______
bazooka | shell | explosion
ORegan

I think the theory is to bend the I-field around the heat weapon, giving it the effect of how beamshields turn off to avoid hitting the owner. Think about have an electromagnetic field, and then a PM of the same polarity to counter it. Or something to that effect.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
razgriz

was there ever a clip of a gouf using a zaku's heat hawk? i dunno if its just my mind playing tricks on me but i could swear i saw an MSG trailer where a gouf was attacking the gundam with the axe. unless it was really a zaku and i was just colorblind that day
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
mcred23

razgriz wrote:was there ever a clip of a gouf using a zaku's heat hawk? i dunno if its just my mind playing tricks on me but i could swear i saw an MSG trailer where a gouf was attacking the gundam with the axe. unless it was really a zaku and i was just colorblind that day
As noted earlier in this thread (By Homeless and Kavik Ryx), one of the Goufs that shows up after Ramba Ral is killed was using a heat hawk and 120mm machine gun.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
razgriz

hehe good to know im not hallucinating
setsuna: I AM A GUNDAM!!!
graham: I AM A FLAG!!!
(setsuna giggling)
graham: NO!! i said FLLLAG!
ExhileVoid

ORegan wrote:Wouldn't the heat from the heat saber burn the coating off? The way you describe it sounds like anti-beam coating to me, and that wears off pretty quickly...then again, we don't know the melting temperature of ABC. I like your thinking though. I remember I once had an idea for a special armor alloy with permanent magnets in it to do the same thing for a mecha I had in my head.
I never said anything about AB Coating in my most. I was just pondering if a heat weapon is customized with its own magnetic field NOT anti beam coating. Magnetic fields and anti beam coating are two entirely different concepts.
Zerosystem wrote:Sorry, if I'm wrong, but I just don't understand how a magnetic field would allow a metal to withstand the high temperatures of superheated plasma for a longer time than usual.
A beam saber's magnetic field is what allows it to repel plasma. The magnetic field isn't just there to keep the blade's plasma contained but it also keeps plasma from another blade out allowing one beam saber to be used to block another.
ORegan

But you said a layer of magnetic field...what will be used to create the field? An electric current being wrapped around and Iron core several thousands of times or a permanent magnet? You can't just slap on a magnetic field. Either the sword itself will be a large permanent magnet, or you can wrap the sword with a very long wire a few thousand times. Another possibility can be that the Heat Saber is hollow, with an iron core and windings within the sword...but that will leave problems such as the heat from the heat saber be contained within the hollow tube, and then successfully melt the insulation. That will possibly short circuit the system.
Cardi Doorl

Just sounds like a really, really complicated, and less effective, beam saber.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
ORegan

Cardi Doorl wrote:Just sounds like a really, really complicated, and less effective, beam saber.
Pretty much, except without the plasma, and needlessly complex. And if the way of the PM sword sounds good, let me remind you that there is the possibility that the sword's field will actually draw the gouf in itself, effectivly sticking the heat saber to the MS.

*Thank you one year of basic electricity*
mcred23

Needlessly complex is right (And probably costly in several ways). Heat weapons, while not as effective as beam sabers in the long run, can still work perfectly fine in most battles, and it'd be easier to upgrade an MS to simply be able to use a beam saber rather than trying to use some bastardized beam/heat weapon offspring.

EDIT: Lol. Post 4000 again. 8)
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')